Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847433 times)
Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6885 on: August 05, 2014, 06:52:25 PM »

...Have you checked the 'Troubleshooting' part on the first page? It answers the 'random' problem.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Bgeo25
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6886 on: August 05, 2014, 06:55:31 PM »

...Have you checked the 'Troubleshooting' part on the first page? It answers the 'random' problem.

Yes I did. I made sure that I have both the module and the Common2. Now I also have Common3 there. Don't know if that causes an issue.
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:04:03 PM by Bgeo25 » Logged

La Vida Loca

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6887 on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »

Have you set the hooktype to AXNextFrame?

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Bgeo25
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6888 on: August 05, 2014, 07:03:24 PM »

Have you set the hooktype to AXNextFrame?

Yes I did. This is what's been happening regardless:

With custom CSS code & roster file:
    -Freezes when hovering over the cloned Random icon.

With roster file but without custom CSS code:
    -CSS stays default (nothing on screen is changed).
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:06:52 PM by Bgeo25 » Logged

La Vida Loca

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6889 on: August 05, 2014, 07:08:14 PM »

You should only have one or the other, having both makes it finicky, although if you have the roster file and it's still the default CSS then you're probably missing the 'sc_selcharacter.pac' or the 'common3.pac' (I don't know if you're using the one included with it or just a random Common3) found with BrawlEx CSS Expansion v1.0.0.0 (Or both...?)

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6890 on: August 05, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »

Do you have the BX fighter rel and Kirby rel that was included?

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Bgeo25
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6891 on: August 05, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »

Do you have the BX fighter rel and Kirby rel that was included?

Yes I have the included modules plus my own module for the cloned Lucas, except it freezes every time since there's an extra random icon instead of Lucas.

Post Merge: August 05, 2014, 07:30:59 PM
    You should only have one or the other, having both makes it finicky, although if you have the roster file and it's still the default CSS then you're probably missing the 'sc_selcharacter.pac' or the 'common3.pac' (I don't know if you're using the one included with it or just a random Common3) found with BrawlEx CSS Expansion v1.0.0.0 (Or both...?)

Okay instead of Common5 I used the included sc_selcharacter that came with the CSS Expansion download & all the modules are in place but no success. I tried testing CSS once with JUST custom CSS code and once with JUST the roster and got the same results as last time:

-Just roster file does not make changes to CSS.
    -Just custom CSS adds a freezing Random icon..

Also, if the module/fighter folder name are lowercase but fighter files have "FitLucasEx" instead of "fitlucasex" does it matter?
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:41:09 PM by Bgeo25 » Logged

La Vida Loca

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6892 on: August 05, 2014, 07:45:30 PM »

Hm... Interesting...
    Also, if the module/fighter folder name are lowercase but fighter files have "FitLucasEx" instead of "fitlucasex" does it matter?
    Shouldn't make a difference.

Bgeo25
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6893 on: August 05, 2014, 07:54:15 PM »

Hm... Interesting...Shouldn't make a difference.

If those filenames don't make a difference then I don't know what will -.-
    I've tried every combination I could think of regarding the files in \System\ & the Ocarina codes and I redid the roster file three times for good measure.. but still nothing. Anyway, if you (or anyone else willing to help out) need to the see the codes I'm using Jasonvalle22 posted them on page 461. It's three codes.

EDIT: one question: Are both Sc_selcharacter AND Common3 needed or just one? And if so, which one? Right now I'm using both.
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:59:05 PM by Bgeo25 » Logged

La Vida Loca

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6894 on: August 05, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »

Really, the only thing I can see as a potential problem is the SDHC code, but that's purely 'cause I've never actually used it.

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6895 on: August 05, 2014, 07:59:18 PM »

If those filenames don't make a difference then I don't know what will -.-
    I've tried every combination I could think of regarding the files in \System\ & the Ocarina codes and I redid the roster file three times for good measure.. but still nothing. Anyway, if you (or anyone else willing to help out) need to the see the codes I'm using Jasonvalle22 posted them on page 461. It's three codes.

EDIT: one question: Are both Sc_selcharacter AND Common3 needed or just one? And if so, which one?

Delete everything and start from scratch using this tutorial.
    BrawlEx Tutorial #1: Setting up your first clone! (N00B FRIENDLY)

Also if your using a higher than 2GB SD card or a SDHD card then that's the problem.

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6896 on: August 05, 2014, 08:46:52 PM »

If you're using an SDHC card you need to load with either a supported cios and loader, or the pm loader iirc. Otherwise the game won't access the SDHC for file patching.

HaxMax
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6897 on: August 05, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »

If you're using an SDHC card you need to load with either a supported cios and loader, or the pm loader iirc. Otherwise the game won't access the SDHC for file patching.

How can I get PM Loader? Can you send me a download link please?

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards RAGE!! Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6898 on: August 05, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »

How can I get PM Loader? Can you send me a download link please?
    I would suggest maybe getting it from the PM cite itself... http://projectmgame.com/en/download

GaM3r2Xtreme
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6899 on: August 05, 2014, 10:34:51 PM »

jasonvalle, I read up on your previous post and noticed you said that your strap modification doesn't load. I think since your using a SDHC card, the file patch code can't load the modified files (including the custom strap and BrawlEx), BUT since you have the custom CSS code in your .gct the CSS screen tries to fill in an extra slot for a character since its coming from the code and NOT the modified files. Does the game freeze right when you go to select the character? If so, that can be another indication that the custom files are not loading correctly and brawl doesn't know what to do other than to hang. What Wii version are you on and are you using gecko or riivolution? I read up that SDHC doesn't like to work well with system versions below 4.2. Here's the link to the page I found that might help:
    http://smashboards.com/threads/riivolution-help-needed-sdhc.315749/

If you can, try to load from a SD card 2GBs or less and see if that fixes your problem. Make sure your card is FAT32 as well since little things like that can cause massive headaches.

Okay, this probably sounds really nooby, but how do I add characters? In the original post, it says to go into the config templates, and fighterconfig, and then go into fighter11 (because that's marth). And it says to change the name to MarthEx, and the file name to Fighter3F.dat. I just don't understand what it means to "Change the name to MarthEx" because you can't edit the file. Thanks.

I noticed no one replied to you, but when it says "Change the name to MarthEx" it's implying internal changes to the Fighter3F.dat config file to any name you want with the editing program included in the download. Just make sure to change the cloned fighter folder and files accordingly.

Pages:  1 ... 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: