Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827258 times)
Tabuu Forte Akugun
Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7770 on: January 11, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »

Can I blend old FighterConfigs with new ones in the same roster or do I have to  update to the new ones?

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7771 on: January 11, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »

Okay, I know the ASL doesn't work with BrawlEx? But exactly what part does it affect the code? What I'm trying to ask is, can I use the Brawlex for only the char_bust_tex csp loading and not use any configs and the ASL will work, or what?

I'm not entirely sure what the situation on this is, but as I recall, the main issue is that some of the memory locations in High Memory (0x90000000 and up) have been shifted due to the presence of BrawlEx. This means that the code is no longer reading or writing the proper values. This led to an incident where one player's save file was corrupted with a different kind of corruption than the known MyMusic bug. I don't believe he ever recovered his save file.

In anycase, I would advise against trying to use it unless you know what you're doing or someone has found a fix for it.

Can I blend old FighterConfigs with new ones in the same roster or do I have to  update to the new ones?

Yes, v1.0 config files are compatible with v2.0 BrawlEx. v2.0 config files are also compatible with v1.0 BrawlEx. It was important that players would be able to update their BrawlEx version but still be able to use old packs. Bear in mind though, that this may not hold true for future versions as older versions more than 1 generation behind may become incompatible with the latest version.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7772 on: January 11, 2015, 02:00:07 PM »

There needs to be a way to clone soundbanks.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Stronger93
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7773 on: January 11, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »

I need help! I put pikezars pack on my SD card and whenever I load it up with riivolution the character select screen is completely empty! Help plzz!

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7774 on: January 11, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »

I need help! I put pikezars pack on my SD card and whenever I load it up with riivolution the character select screen is completely empty! Help plzz!

Uh, do you have the correct XML for Riivo?

No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.

Stronger93
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7775 on: January 12, 2015, 05:30:36 AM »

I think I'm using brawl minus xml

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7776 on: January 12, 2015, 06:38:23 AM »

I'm not entirely sure what the situation on this is, but as I recall, the main issue is that some of the memory locations in High Memory (0x90000000 and up) have been shifted due to the presence of BrawlEx. This means that the code is no longer reading or writing the proper values. This led to an incident where one player's save file was corrupted with a different kind of corruption than the known MyMusic bug. I don't believe he ever recovered his save file.

In anycase, I would advise against trying to use it unless you know what you're doing or someone has found a fix for it.
    Hmm. I'm fine with not using Brawlex if it means I could use the ASL... but, I do like the fact that you can load portraits elsewhere to save file size limits. Is there anyway I could just use THAT part of the code? Is there a section I could just cut out and I just have that? Or, is it that, that part of the code is scattered throughout the file patch code? I hate to keep asking this, and I know it must be like a broken record; I thank you for your response. I just would like to know. Thanks!

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

MaymonAdir
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7777 on: January 12, 2015, 07:23:24 AM »

Code:
    <wiidisc version="1">
    <id game="RSB" />
    <options>
    <section name="Brawl Launcher">
    <option name="Code Set" default="1">
    <choice name="Minus3.3 Test">
    <patch id="minus33test" />
    <patch id="ocarina" />
    </choice>
    </option>
    <option name="Hook" default="1">
    <choice name="VI"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /></choice>
    <choice name="KPAD"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /></choice>
    <choice name="Joypad"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /></choice>
    <choice name="GXDraw"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /></choice>
    <choice name="GXFlush"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /></choice>
    <choice name="OSSleep"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /></choice>
    <choice name="AxNextFrame"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /></choice>
    </option>
    </section>
    </options>
    <patch id="minus33test">
    <memory valuefile="/codes/RSBE01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x000018A8" />
    <memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
    <memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x000018A8" />
    </patch>
    <patch id="ocarina">
    <memory valuefile="/riivolution/codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
    <memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
    <memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
    <memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
    <memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
    <memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
    <memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
    </patch>
    </wiidisc>
    Are you sure this is a XML, Sammi? When I use it, the game's frozen

TheDarkKnight
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7778 on: January 12, 2015, 07:48:04 PM »

How do you add costumes to exisiting characters in brawl ex, Does it require a code?

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7779 on: January 12, 2015, 09:15:50 PM »

How do you add costumes to exisiting characters in brawl ex, Does it require a code?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.0

It works for both clones and existing characters.

Post Merge: January 12, 2015, 09:24:31 PM
    I have a question now.

Does the single Victory Theme code work with BrawlEx?

I mean, the one that lets you have a Victory Them for each character (not one that is shared by some characters).

You know: Mario having his own Victory Theme without replacing Luig's, Peach's or Bowser's (which is the same for all of them).

EDIT: Nevermind. I just figured out that the code doesn't work at all in any way.

I'll have to find another way. Probably using the SSE Music.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:31:16 PM by Alejandro MiddleCorn » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7780 on: January 12, 2015, 09:54:05 PM »

Nope. You can use the Custom Sound Engine code with it. Just type in the last four digits of the BRSTM to where the victory theme code goes.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7781 on: January 12, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »

Hmm. I'm fine with not using Brawlex if it means I could use the ASL... but, I do like the fact that you can load portraits elsewhere to save file size limits. Is there anyway I could just use THAT part of the code? Is there a section I could just cut out and I just have that? Or, is it that, that part of the code is scattered throughout the file patch code? I hate to keep asking this, and I know it must be like a broken record; I thank you for your response. I just would like to know. Thanks!

If you are referring to the BX CSS Expansion v2, then that can be used separate from the BX Clone Engine. The BX CSS Expansion works by replacing an existing module at the CSS instead of loading up an original one at startup, so I don't think it will cause any compatibility issues with the ASL. Give it a shot and see if it works out - but perhaps it'd be best if you backed up your save file beforehand just in case.

Don't worry too much about asking questions. I know you've been around since GSCentral, so the very least I can do is answer your questions.

EDIT:

If I recall correctly, most Riivolution xml files are setup to only replace files that are already on the disk. The BrawlEx/CSSRoster.dat file is not normally part of the game, so Riivolution won't load it unless it's told how to. I can't use Riivolution myself, so I can't help you too much with the debugging, but if you post the contents of your xml file, we might be able to help you.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:40:36 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7782 on: January 12, 2015, 10:18:56 PM »

Nope. You can use the Custom Sound Engine code with it. Just type in the last four digits of the BRSTM to where the victory theme code goes.

It didn't work for me though.
    Even with that code.
    And the tutorial I found is hard to understand.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7783 on: January 12, 2015, 10:25:24 PM »

I'm not clear on how to change the victory fanfare for K. Rool in his SlotConfig file. The offset 0x20 is all 0's, and IDK what ID DK's victory fanfare has...

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7784 on: January 12, 2015, 10:30:09 PM »

Wow, looks like a lot has happened since I was last here. Figured I'd check in. Guess I have some catching up to do. Tongue

It didn't work for me though.
    Even with that code.
    And the tutorial I found is hard to understand.

I actually remember how to do this. You can use the CSE to add new songs to the game, and then use the Slot Config to change an individual character's victory theme to use the newly added songs. I think there was a problem where one of the ExSlots (43 I think?) would work oddly with CSE songs, but the rest were fine.

That's where the new song's ID goes. The number you use is the same as the name you give the music file.

I'm not clear on how to change the victory fanfare for K. Rool in his SlotConfig file. The offset 0x20 is all 0's, and IDK what ID DK's victory fanfare has...

DK's is 0000283E, I think. That's what it is in his default Slot config, at least.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Pages:  1 ... 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: