The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on March 03, 2015, 05:01:52 AMSorry if I ask this, but are there any possibilities to have cloned SFX?

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 21, 2015, 07:00:33 PMI've asked about that before. PhantomWings said that it would either be SFX or stages that he would consider working on.
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 01, 2015, 09:30:43 PMThough how likely do you think custom soundbanks and/or ef_char entries would be for a future update?
Quote from: PhantomWings on January 02, 2015, 01:44:28 AMIt's a toss up between this, the fixes to the BX CSS Expansion, and the development of the new BX Stage Roster Expansion. So around 33%?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Okay, I have a problem. So, I added Villager into my mod, hoping to have my 49th slot on my mod, but, was shocked to see only 48. One of my slots is now missing, and I have been using the original code all this time, and I don't know what to do!

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

Hey all :) Quick question, hopefully someone knows. Is it known why Olimar's 06-09 costumes are unable to have an antenna glow? Is it his EX module? I'm reviewing my pack's additions trying to figure out the issue.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

March 06, 2015, 02:37:30 AM #7909 Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:49:41 AM by ClubbyBear
Hey, does anyone know how i would update a pack made with an older version of BrawlEx? It has five characters made with 1.0 modules.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to solve the problem, although it required remaking the fighter and modules.

Quote from: Nebulon on March 04, 2015, 02:29:18 AM
Hey all :) Quick question, hopefully someone knows. Is it known why Olimar's 06-09 costumes are unable to have an antenna glow? Is it his EX module? I'm reviewing my pack's additions trying to figure out the issue.

Not sure but I recalled Olimar clones having issues with random crashes and pikmin glitches. While the topic's about, were those ever fixed?

Quote from: secretchaos1 on March 06, 2015, 06:40:29 PM
Not sure but I recalled Olimar clones having issues with random crashes and pikmin glitches. While the topic's about, were those ever fixed?

No, the module file is still in BETA just like Captain Falcon and others.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Has anyone been able to successfully create a clone of R.O.B. without any gfx conflicts? His neutral special beam doesn't work like most gfx do and you can't simply change its ID by opening his .pac in PSA like you can with most graphic effects (including other traces).

Quote from: Strange Matter on March 07, 2015, 03:59:43 AM
Has anyone been able to successfully create a clone of R.O.B. without any gfx conflicts? His neutral special beam doesn't work like most gfx do and you can't simply change its ID by opening his .pac in PSA like you can with most graphic effects (including other traces).

I just put the Geno over ROB psa into my game and it worked fine. All custom GFX loaded and I couldn't see any problems at all. Not sure if that's what you're referring to?

Now I have a question:

Been doing BrawlEx stuff and I've finally crossed the limit for my sc_selcharacter.pac file (Limit it 3.79, I'm sitting at 3.83) I know I can reduce the size of portraits to 100x125 to help save some space, but would prefer to do this as a last resort.

Is there any other way I can reduce the size of the file aside from the portrait reduction? I.e what other files can I cut out or edit? Or is there nothing else I can really touch?

Figured I'd ask here because I'm guessing most people who use BrawlEx have had to do this at some point
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: Persona-Aya on March 10, 2015, 07:34:54 AM
Now I have a question:

Been doing BrawlEx stuff and I've finally crossed the limit for my sc_selcharacter.pac file (Limit it 3.79, I'm sitting at 3.83) I know I can reduce the size of portraits to 100x125 to help save some space, but would prefer to do this as a last resort.

Is there any other way I can reduce the size of the file aside from the portrait reduction? I.e what other files can I cut out or edit? Or is there nothing else I can really touch?

Figured I'd ask here because I'm guessing most people who use BrawlEx have had to do this at some point
Have you changed the miscdata
  • s to extendedlz77 along with changing the portraits from C18 to CMPR?

Quote from: Brstmguy on March 10, 2015, 08:11:50 AM
Have you changed the miscdata
  • s to extendedlz77 along with changing the portraits from C18 to CMPR?
Changed the MiscData's (Thought I'd already done it) and it saved .10 (So down to 3.73, which works for now).

All the portraits are CMPR - I did them all myself and double checked. Any other ideas? I can include maybe 2 more characters with my current size,
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: Persona-Aya on March 10, 2015, 08:56:02 AM
Changed the MiscData's (Thought I'd already done it) and it saved .10 (So down to 3.73, which works for now).

All the portraits are CMPR - I did them all myself and double checked. Any other ideas? I can include maybe 2 more characters with my current size,

Use the V 2.0.0.X version, they said it would try and load Char_bust tex files from an actual char_bust_tex folder in BrawlEx.


Basically you'll just have to read the readme file and you'll have pretty much infinite CSP

Quote from: Super tails srb2 fan on March 10, 2015, 11:23:17 AM
Use the V 2.0.0.X version, they said it would try and load Char_bust tex files from an actual char_bust_tex folder in BrawlEx.


Basically you'll just have to read the readme file and you'll have pretty much infinite CSP

I'll give that a shot. Thank you!
"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! :kdance:

Quote from: Persona-Aya on March 10, 2015, 11:57:58 AM
I'll give that a shot. Thank you!
That's currently unstable, PW Hasn't had a chance to fix it's little issues.

Okay, so, I have been adding costumes to my characters using files from something similar to the BrawlEx engine, and I'm just now getting repeated crashes after trying to add a new costume for Mewtwo, which I used the Clone Engine to add into my mod, which isn't Project M. It crashes on the Stage Select anytime I do ANYTHING after I tried adding that costume. It's not the costume, though...
So, I came here looking for answers. So, what the heck did I do wrong?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99