The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I tried the code (on Wii), but it didn't work. The results were similar to Ebola's Test case 1, except that BrawlEx characters played flawlessly.

Quote from: yi-shioon on November 29, 2015, 11:40:45 PM
I tried the code (on Wii), but it didn't work. The results were similar to Ebola's Test case 1, except that BrawlEx characters played flawlessly.
Good! May I ask two important questions?
1. Are you using Brawlex or the Brawlex + P:M merge?
2. Were the Brawlex characters or PSAs that worked designed for P:M?
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

I'll test this myself when i can, also @ ebola, how big is your SD card for dolphin?

November 30, 2015, 01:08:04 AM #8328 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:18:48 AM by ebola16
Quote from: Sirkura on November 30, 2015, 12:50:53 AM
I'll test this myself when i can, also @ ebola, how big is your SD card for dolphin?
For Dolphin it's 2GB. For my real Wii it's 4GB. The SDHC code doesn't seem to interfere with non-SDHC so I always keep it enabled unless otherwise stated.

Post Merge: November 30, 2015, 01:18:48 AM

I should also mention that the total size of my Brawl-related mods is 1.93GB for both Dolphin and my real Wii.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

I'm having no luck with it so far. I've only been using the confirmed codes, not the stuff I was unsure of. I don't get any crashes, but I can't get any alt stages to load.
I modified the asl data to load a battlefield_z.pac file, then I tried using the default PM code  with dolphin so I could check the code log. The game doesn't seem to be attempting to access anything other than the usual stages. I'm going to mess with enabling / disabling stuff and see if it tries to read it, but it doesn't seem to be acknowledging it at all right now.

November 30, 2015, 01:29:44 AM #8330 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:32:13 AM by ebola16
You're using Brawlex (without P:M integration) right secretchaos1? If so I'll take a look into my stgresult.pac and config files to see if I tried something fancy that is causing crashes for me.

Post Merge: November 30, 2015, 01:32:13 AM

And did you get an expansion stage working when using the new ASL?
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

As in a STGCustom? I never bothered to try, I was just testing with Battlefield when I did my own edits to the code, and then to STGEarth when I was testing the PM code (since I know for sure it has an alt to load in PM).
And yes, I've been trying without P:M integration.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on November 30, 2015, 02:03:35 AM
As in a STGCustom? I never bothered to try, I was just testing with Battlefield when I did my own edits to the code, and then to STGEarth when I was testing the PM code (since I know for sure it has an alt to load in PM).
And yes, I've been trying without P:M integration.
Yeah, I was referring stgcustom. If I'm the only one getting the result screen freeze though then I'll need to look into that further. Thanks!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

November 30, 2015, 02:24:23 AM #8333 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:30:29 AM by secretchaos1
I know how to set up the ASL data for it when it's in a working state. the ASL uses ascii data to check which files to load, so you'd just need to convert the first couple ascii characters of custom to hex and use that value to identify the stage in that SSSSSSSS line.
There's a link to an ascii to hex converter in the original Alternate File Loader thread on smashboards, I used it to make sure the stage ascii values hadn't changed any since previous versions of the code.

Edit: I've added in the other codes, still getting no attempt to read anything other than the default file.
Is part of the code perhaps dependent on the modified File Patch Code used by P:M? I wouldn't mind trying whichever version of it you have working with P:M + BrawlEx. Nevermind, I looked into the P:M DIY patch and it seems like you guys replaced the modified FPC with the regular one, so that can't be it.

I found the solution to my crashing and Bowser's Castle issues. I have updated the ASL experiments. There was a flaw in my P:M stage setup that is addressed in step 7 of my setup. I also added a 4th test case. Is anyone else having RSE 1.20 issues when using the new ASL?

Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on November 29, 2015, 04:10:27 PM
Hey, so it seems as though I've addressed the compatibility issues that people have encountered with BrawlEX and ASL. This solution, while intended for PM+BeX, may also work for Vanilla Brawl, but I haven't tested out the hypothetical cross-compatibility. If there are any issues with it, let me know; I may have copied a code down wrong in creating the text document.

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/oeM6uB4u/file.html
Unfortunately these codes do not appear to work with Brawlex (WITHOUT P:M integration). Tested using Dolphin 4.0-8246 in debug mode.

My setup: BX 2.0, Experimental BX CSS Expansion 2.0
1. Delete old AFL code if present
2. Copy the contents of Brawlex's \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage\melee and \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\module to a backup location
3. Replace Brawlex's \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage\melee folder with P:M 3.6's folder.
4. Overwrite P:M's stgresult.pac with your backup stgresult.pac
5. Delete all st_*.rel from Brawlex's \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\module folder
6. Copy all st_*.rel from P:M's module folder to my module folder
7. Copy the contents of your backup melee and module folder into Brawlex's melee and module folder. SKIP any files with the same name.

Test Case 1 (Minimal codes for ASL to work)
ALL codes in my .gct = FPC 3.5.1b, ASL 3.6 patched, ASL Custom Patch 1, ASL Custom Patch 2
Results = Successfully loads the base stage (*.pac) but any attempt to load an alt (*_Z.pac) is ignored.

Test Case 2 (Minimal codes + 3 Unknown codes)
ALL codes in my .gct = FPC 3.5.1b, Unknown 1, Unknown 2, Unknown 3, ASL 3.6 patched, ASL Custom Patch 1, ASL Custom Patch 2
Results = Successfully loads the base stage (*.pac) but any attempt to load an alt (*_Z.pac) is ignored.

Test Case 3 (The .gct I normally use except AFL has been replaced by new ASL)
ALL codes in my .gct =  SDHC expansion, Default modifier, default CPU level modifier, FPC 3.5.1b, Unknown 1, Unknown 2, Unknown 3, ASL 3.6 patched, ASL Custom Patch 1, ASL Custom Patch 2, Unrestricted Pause, Stage Expansion 2.0, Maxed Out SSS, Tracklist modifier, Replays longer than 3 mins, save tags in replay, >1000 replays, unrestricted replay camera, unlimited objects, hide "ready to fight" bar, RSE 1.20, multiple instances of Stage-Track Dependant Song Loader
Results = Successfully loads the base stage (*.pac) but any attempt to load an alt (*_Z.pac) is ignored. Additionally, RSE 1.20 seems to be less reliable, especially when used for playing a victory theme for Sonic.

Test Case 4 (My normal .gct + my pre-ASL stage configuration (i.e. ignore my setup steps 2-7))
ALL codes in my .gct =  SDHC expansion, Default modifier, default CPU level modifier, FPC 3.5.1b, Unknown 1, Unknown 2, Unknown 3, ASL 3.6 patched, ASL Custom Patch 1, ASL Custom Patch 2, Unrestricted Pause, Stage Expansion 2.0, Maxed Out SSS, Tracklist modifier, Replays longer than 3 mins, save tags in replay, >1000 replays, unrestricted replay camera, unlimited objects, hide "ready to fight" bar, RSE 1.20, multiple instances of Stage-Track Dependant Song Loader
Results = Successfully loads the base stage (*.pac) but any attempt to load an alt (*_Z.pac) is ignored. Additionally, RSE 1.20 seems to be less reliable, especially when used for playing a victory theme for Sonic.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

I find it a bit unusual that it's dependent on something else in P:M. The original code worked fine in vBrawl and only had issues due to Ex confliction, so if the Ex conflicts have been solved it seems so weird that we aren't getting any reaction from the codes at all. Are we missing part of the code maybe and because the rest of it is present in P:M it works fine there?

November 30, 2015, 04:55:25 AM #8336 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:01:33 AM by ebola16
Quote from: secretchaos1 on November 30, 2015, 04:36:56 AM
I find it a bit unusual that it's dependent on something else in P:M. The original code worked fine in vBrawl and only had issues due to Ex confliction, so if the Ex conflicts have been solved it seems so weird that we aren't getting any reaction from the codes at all. Are we missing part of the code maybe and because the rest of it is present in P:M it works fine there?
I'd guess that the Ex conflicts haven't been truly solved yet. Either that or a typo.

Supposedly "Project M XP with both BrawlEx and ASL" is working (https://www.smashladder.com/blogs/view/25rn/2015-07-22/super-smash-bros-project-m-xp). This might be the next best place to look.

EDIT: Nevermind, that version is not released yet.^
I'll just wait to hear from PyotrLuzhin or Sirkura
There's also a third option, we're all overlooking something silly.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on November 30, 2015, 04:55:25 AM
I'll just wait to hear from PyotrLuzhin or Sirkura
There's also a third option, we're all overlooking something silly.
With how hyped we are I'd say that's very much a possibility. I think if we can get a look at and play around with a working build with P:M we might be able to get an idea of why it's working there but not in vBrawl. But until we hear back I'll be done with experimenting for now.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on November 30, 2015, 05:09:30 AM
With how hyped we are I'd say that's very much a possibility. I think if we can get a look at and play around with a working build with P:M we might be able to get an idea of why it's working there but not in vBrawl. But until we hear back I'll be done with experimenting for now.
Agreed.
Random observation: This Project M XP says that it has BrawlDJ in the WIP phase. Sirkura, does this mean BrawlDJ isn't dead?
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ebola16 on November 29, 2015, 11:58:05 PM
Good! May I ask two important questions?
1. Are you using Brawlex or the Brawlex + P:M merge?
2. Were the Brawlex characters or PSAs that worked designed for P:M?
1. BrawlEx only
2. They were BrawlEx characters