The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Regarding this issue, I'm about to try expanding all my Ex character costume slots so I'll be going up to a framecount of around 2100 or so (if I did my math right, I've got up to MiscData[208] for my csps). I'll let you know how that works out for me and if I hit any limitations.

December 07, 2015, 09:01:58 PM #8356 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:55:04 PM by ebola16
Quote from: secretchaos1 on December 07, 2015, 08:52:18 PM
Regarding this issue, I'm about to try expanding all my Ex character costume slots so I'll be going up to a framecount of around 2100 or so (if I did my math right, I've got up to MiscData[208] for my csps). I'll let you know how that works out for me and if I hit any limitations.
2100 seems high. Did you move your first Brawlex character to a lower slot like MenSelchrChrFace.048 and start naming from there? The reason I did that was so Cosmetic##.dat's Cosmetic ID would not exceed 0xFF. I think you'll end up exceeding 0xFF which isn't supported by Brawlex.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

December 07, 2015, 09:23:54 PM #8357 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:31:48 PM by secretchaos1
FF is 255, so no I'll be fine. And yeah, I started from right after my base characters. Sonic is in MiscData[88].
I skipped [50] for random and 51 to keep the even trend of using 20 cosmetic slots per fighter. I then skipped 60 - 65 for reserved slots. I've got my css filled and I'm using the max allowed amount of CSP archives without player four causing crashes.

Edit: Like I said I might've done my math wrong on the framecount, I usually keep count with my csp archives since I modify those the most. I'm just estimating around what it'll be when I go to do it, I haven't actually gotten to fixing those files up quite yet. I still need to rename all my ex csps.

My bad, I forgot frame count which goes up by 20 for each additional character. 2100 seemed high since I got everything in 1891 frames for MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0.pat0 but you should be (theoretically) fine as long as framecount doesn't exceed 2551.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

That's what I assumed, but I'll let you guys know when I actually take it out for a test run. I don't think I'll ever come close to using all those costume slots, but the setup is nice to have in place should the need to slip an extra costume in here and there arises.

December 07, 2015, 10:09:49 PM #8360 Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 05:03:44 PM by Ebola16
I'm was a little hesitant to answer Nebulon's question because I know someone will eventually try the "20 CSPs for all Brawlex characters" setup and waste hours improperly renaming files.

For my peace of mind, I'm going to post my working MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0.pat0. It can be used in troubleshooting or a base for setting up Brawlex.

If you download this file, do note that you can deviate from what I chose. You will also end up renaming/editing A TON (POSSIBLY THOUSANDS) of files depending on how many characters you have.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vtjobu85187fipj/MenSelchrFaceA_TopN__0.pat0


Update: Masquerade made this idea obsolete.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

I'll stick to my own because I already have all my base characters set and I don't want to potentially have to go through all of that again. I had to do some trial and error to get them right too when it came to skipping over reserved cosmetic slots.
The BrawlEx slots are all blank though, so I don't think I'll run into any problems with them. I don't need to worry about using up a reserved slot and bumping things back, renaming everything etc, etc.
Heads up, there's a nifty program called "Bulk Rename Utility". It's free and really useful for renaming bps and result pic archives. Saved me a lot of time.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS WORKS WITH PROJECT M

Quote from: DrHorse on December 08, 2015, 05:46:36 PM
PLEASE TELL ME THIS WORKS WITH PROJECT M

Hi! for starters welcome to the forums.
Now let me tell you something, this does NOT work with Project M. there is a project that is working on it. But with recent events i wouldn't hold your breath, either use this alone, or just play PM.

Eithe way, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoi your stay.

Post Merge: December 08, 2015, 09:03:28 PM

Quote from: DrHorse on December 08, 2015, 05:46:36 PM
PLEASE TELL ME THIS WORKS WITH PROJECT M

Hi! for starters welcome to the forums.
Now let me tell you something, this does NOT work with Project M. there is a project that is working on it. But with recent events i wouldn't hold your breath, either use this alone, or just play PM.

Eithe way, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoi your stay.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Could someone remind me which brres in the sc_selcharacter.pac I have to edit in order to allow added Cosmetic brres files to work with it?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

December 09, 2015, 12:42:07 AM #8365 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:45:40 PM by secretchaos1
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 08, 2015, 09:18:02 PM
Could someone remind me which brres in the sc_selcharacter.pac I have to edit in order to allow added Cosmetic brres files to work with it?
Are you talking about the csp archives in char_bust_texLz77? Those are determined by the number of the miscdata archive, the number of the archive corresponding with the fighter's cosmetic value. To have proper names and etc load up you need to direct them in MiscData[30]. In the AnmTexPat subsection you need to edit MenSelchrCName4_TopN__0  and all of the MenSelchrFaceX_TopN__0 X being A - I (they're all identical so you can do the first one, export it and replace all of the others with a copy of it). You can edit MenSelchrCMark4_TopN__0 as well to include new franchise icons if necessary.
I'm assuming you remember how to edit them but forgot which ones they were? I can get more specific from there if you'd like, but I'll stop there just for now in case that's all you need.

Edit so I don't double post:

So I've redone all the cosmetics for my clones, no issues that I can find. I've got them going all the way up to cosmetic ID D0 without any issues. Sounds like you might have made a mistake somewhere in your sc_selchar.pac editing, Nebulon. I know if you save some of those AnmTexPat files without setting the total frame count on them first they can get all messed up and out of place, but I'm not sure where else the problem could lie.

Quote from: Ultraxwing on December 08, 2015, 09:02:38 PM
Hi! for starters welcome to the forums.
Now let me tell you something, this does NOT work with Project M. there is a project that is working on it. But with recent events i wouldn't hold your breath, either use this alone, or just play PM.

Eithe way, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoi your stay.

Post Merge: December 08, 2015, 09:03:28 PM
Hi! for starters welcome to the forums.
Now let me tell you something, this does NOT work with Project M. there is a project that is working on it. But with recent events i wouldn't hold your breath, either use this alone, or just play PM.

Eithe way, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoi your stay.

I'm still working on this. we hit a snag tho. i need PSA'ers to help fix the PSA's that break from not having hard coded variables. other then that BeX is working on it. we also need to set up ASL to work with BeX properly.

I remember there being a pre-made BrawlEx sc_selcharacter.pac with pre-inserted Cosmetics, though I've been forgetting to post a minor issue that it has.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The CSS isn't animated at all. What would I need to fix?

Quote from: secretchaos1 on December 09, 2015, 12:42:07 AM-snip
Yeah, I knew how to edit, I just forgot what to edit. Thanks.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

If you're referring to the Background KJP. The reason why it's not animated is because it's a static image placed over the Mario Portrait from the Special Brawl section.

Which entry in particular in MiscData[30] would I have to edit to fix it?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]