The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Up to 14 costumes for all characters? How was that found and accomplished?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

By using the Fit(character)Dark and Fit(character)Spy things, basically, the IDs are 0C (Same as line terminator) for Dark, and EE for Spy.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

You also need to skip a space for each of your cosmetic ids to get at 10, and 11 without conflict. The "Fake" slot is available also but currently bugged with BrawlEx (it doesn't load up the correct directory).

I think I'll hold out and hope for a more efficient way to be found.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

It's a bit of a pain to set it all up. It also causes crashes in classic mode due to being unable to find congratulations videos when calling up the new cosmetic IDs.
Using the "Spy" slot also eats away your invisible melee mode, so it's certainly not without its flaws.
Other than that though the slots behave normally. Giga Bowser even gets to access a different model for his Spy slot, as does Warioman and Game and Watch.

I have a question. So if I'm cloning characters without the Clone Tool how do I make the config files? Do I just copy and paste what's in the spoilers? or is there something specific I need to do.
[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Quote from: omegafalcon on December 21, 2015, 07:16:57 AM
I have a question. So if I'm cloning characters without the Clone Tool how do I make the config files? Do I just copy and paste what's in the spoilers? or is there something specific I need to do.

in the download, there is a a folder called config templates. just change it to the ID of those to the ones you are using for your character. make sure to edit all 4

*I.E.
Cosmetic3F.dat
CSSSlot3F.dat
Fighter3F.dat
SlotConfig3F.dat

then you just edit the fighter config file with the config tool.

Quote from: Sirkura on December 21, 2015, 11:33:20 AM
in the download, there is a a folder called config templates. just change it to the ID of those to the ones you are using for your character. make sure to edit all 4

*I.E.
Cosmetic3F.dat
CSSSlot3F.dat
Fighter3F.dat
SlotConfig3F.dat

then you just edit the fighter config file with the config tool.

To elaborate on what Sirkura said you'll likely also need to edit the Cosmetic and CSSSlot files in order to setup costumes on the character select screen and its own cosmetic slot to load them from. Then you'd want to refer to what's in the spoilers on the OP in order to know which values are where, since you'll need to edit them in a Hex editor.

December 22, 2015, 03:08:52 AM #8393 Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:32:12 AM by yi-shioon
Is it possible to load PT pokes independently with BrawlEx?
Edit: Solved.

Is Phantomwings ever going to update this?

Quote from: teh-myuutsu on December 24, 2015, 04:29:25 AM
Is Phantomwings ever going to update this?
Whenever he does anything it's when people don't expect it, patience is a virtue.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on December 24, 2015, 06:17:46 AM
Whenever he does anything it's when people don't expect it, patience is a virtue.
i honestly want a BeX compattible CSS tool >.> 2.0 has an issue where it limits slots to 50. main reason BeX is incompatible with it. BeX is already pretty stable. not sure what else he could add aside perhaps more costumes?

on a side note, is there any easy way to fix the CSS flickering with the cssroster.dat file? from what i understand it forces all icons on the z plane so they overlap wich causes the flickering.

Heya. So, I think I deleted the wrong thing from my Brawl Ex.

Essentially, my Zelda csp won't turn into Sheik by clicking the CSP. I know it didn't for a while, but Phantom Wings did have a fix for it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I need to get that back. I must've accidentally scraped it and redid a new CSS.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Sirkura on December 24, 2015, 05:54:31 PM
i honestly want a BeX compattible CSS tool >.> 2.0 has an issue where it limits slots to 50. main reason BeX is incompatible with it. BeX is already pretty stable. not sure what else he could add aside perhaps more costumes?

on a side note, is there any easy way to fix the CSS flickering with the cssroster.dat file? from what i understand it forces all icons on the z plane so they overlap wich causes the flickering.

I'm mainly waiting for solo sheik files among a few other missing characters

December 26, 2015, 02:00:23 PM #8399 Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:03:20 PM by KingJigglypuff
I forgot another thing. What was the code that allowed custom Victory music when properly configured with BrawlEx?

Edit: Found it.

CSE v2.5 [Dantarion]
041C72DC 38600002
C21C805C 00000004
3C60801C 606380A8
7C6803A6 3C60901A
60633000 4E800020
60000000 00000000
C21C7C38 00000002
3C60901A 60633000
60000000 00000000
C21C73D8 00000003
3C60901A 60633000
93C30000 93C30004
60000000 00000000
4A000000 90000000
161A3008 00000028
00000006 01000000
000C834C 50400200
01020000 000C8340
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
161A2FC8 0000000C
000CDE3C 01000000
7366782F 00000000
161A2FDC 00000008
2E627273 746D0000
161A2F90 00000016
2F736F75 6E642F73
74726D2F 3030302E
62727374 6D000000
C21C7D00 00000012
3FC0901A 63DE2FD4
B3220002 38600000
3B200000 7F8218AE
739C00F0 579CE13E
3B9C0030 2C1C0039
40810008 3B9C0007
7F9EC9AE 3B390001
7F8218AE 739C000F
3B9C0030 2C1C0039
40810008 3B9C0007
7F9EC9AE 38630001
3B390001 2C030004
4082FFB4 3BDEFFFC
801EFFF8 901D0000
801EFFFC 901D0004
93DD0008 38600001
38000000 901D000C
60000000 00000000
C21C6CE8 00000007
3CC08000 60C63140
A0C60000 2C060025
4182001C 3CC0901A
60C62FE2 7C043000
4082000C 3F60901A
637B2F90 819D0000
60000000 00000000
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]