The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The BrawlEx Config Utility is in the OP.
4th download link (under downloads.)

I was thinking about giving some of the default characters 12 or 14 costumes. I believe 12 only requires you to reassign the cosmetic ID, but I know special steps have to be taken to go above that. I remember reading pieces of how to do this spread throughout this thread, but is there anywhere with all of the information compiled in one place?

Quote from: RedSoul78 on January 11, 2016, 05:11:47 PM
I was thinking about giving some of the default characters 12 or 14 costumes. I believe 12 only requires you to reassign the cosmetic ID, but I know special steps have to be taken to go above that. I remember reading pieces of how to do this spread throughout this thread, but is there anywhere with all of the information compiled in one place?

I can try to summarize it for you. You've got the right idea though, you do need to reassign cosmetic ids so there's space between each fighter to avoid conflicts. For the extra 2 slots you use FitCharacterSpy.Pcs/.pac (Some use FitCharacterSpy00.pcs/.pac) and FitCharacterDark.pac/pcs. They're enabled by default, but to make them appear on the css you use IDs 0C and EE in the CSSlot config. just make sure to skip over 0C when you're filling in your "colour" values in the CSSSlot config or else it'll be read as the terminator, it doesn't cause any problems when you use it to identify the file you're loading though.

Quote from: Lsmash on January 11, 2016, 03:13:12 PM
The BrawlEx Config Utility is in the OP.
4th download link (under downloads.)


I am truly blind... -_- Thank you, though.

So Ive been trying to use the brawl ex clone tool for some time now. Ive followed sammi husky's tutorial about 8 times and still I keep getting the same problem. The game crashes at the loading screen which is due to the common2.pac and common3.pac. Whenever I remove them, the game doesnt crash upon the first loading screen.

I downloaded the CSS expansion and Brawl Clone Engine from here. So I dont think the pac files are outdated. I have no clue what is causing this to crash. But its starting to make me want to punch my pc screen lol. Any advice or inputs would be gladly appreciated

January 14, 2016, 09:43:20 AM #8450 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:44:43 AM by Ultraxwing
DO NOT USE THE CLONE TOOL, IT WILL CAUSE CRASHES!


Add them in manually, it's just as easy, and allows for much better control than what that tool could ever offer. The clone tool, even before it broke, had some specific issues, especially when modifying hex values after you added them in with the tool. the tool fixes it, and then breaks the clone. and then causes crashes.

just learn how to do it manually, there are tutorials on it, don't use the quick and dirty method, it revolves the clone tool. It's real easy, and takes like 3 minutes to add a clone without the cosmetic data.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating


Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 15, 2016, 01:46:49 AM
...or download a Pack

I read about them in a Readme, where can I get one?

Quote from: Sirkura on January 09, 2016, 08:22:09 PM
odd, there is a premade selchar by KingJigglyPuff i believe that has maxed cosmetics. try downloading that and injecting the files maybe?

Kudos! I compared files and managed to get 46/47 of my CSS marks to show now, for some reason having the "CustomCSSIcon" texture along with the additional marks made it freeze for me.

Im still having issues with the darn results screen though. After redoing all my CSS/Results textures and Brawlex configs I can only assume something is up with STGRESULT.pac. I've tried swapping that file with ones from other packs and only get a slight fix with Nebulon's version. I can successfully load slots 3F-46 to the results screen but with slots 47-63+BossSlots its all cherry up until then..

   

Quote from: hochin on January 15, 2016, 05:26:28 AM
Kudos! I compared files and managed to get 46/47 of my CSS marks to show now, for some reason having the "CustomCSSIcon" texture along with the additional marks made it freeze for me.

Im still having issues with the darn results screen though. After redoing all my CSS/Results textures and Brawlex configs I can only assume something is up with STGRESULT.pac. I've tried swapping that file with ones from other packs and only get a slight fix with Nebulon's version. I can successfully load slots 3F-46 to the results screen but with slots 47-63+BossSlots its all cherry up until then..

  

NP ^^ i'm glad to help. what exactly is up with the results screen? crash on finishing a match? RSP? stocks? etc.

Yep, Dolphin crashes as soon as a match ends with any character in slots 47-63 and boss slots. The problem shouldn't be my Result pictures though as they work perfectly with the other slots... I tried looking into nebulon's stgresult.pac to pinpoint what allowed slots 3F-46 to finish matches successfully with no luck. Stocks shouldn't be an issue either since pm 3.0.2 doesn't require them. (Was staying on this relatively stable build until PyotrLuzhin's patch is released. ;D)

Lulz, if only I had made a note on how I resolved this the last time this issue popped up.




Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 14, 2016, 09:43:20 AM
DO NOT USE THE CLONE TOOL, IT WILL CAUSE CRASHES!


Add them in manually, it's just as easy, and allows for much better control than what that tool could ever offer. The clone tool, even before it broke, had some specific issues, especially when modifying hex values after you added them in with the tool. the tool fixes it, and then breaks the clone. and then causes crashes.

just learn how to do it manually, there are tutorials on it, don't use the quick and dirty method, it revolves the clone tool. It's real easy, and takes like 3 minutes to add a clone without the cosmetic data.
Ive been looking for tutorials online. The only one I found was the brawl clone engine tutorial from sammi huski. Should I use the phantom wings brawl clone engine to manually add a clone or is there a different way that you are reffering to.

Quote from: TeddyRoseKidd on January 17, 2016, 09:21:13 AM
Ive been looking for tutorials online. The only one I found was the brawl clone engine tutorial from sammi huski. Should I use the phantom wings brawl clone engine to manually add a clone or is there a different way that you are reffering to.

just follow what it says in the instructions on the first page. problem is since the clone tool came out bex was updated.  the new configs are unreadable by the clone tool.  honestly the tool only saved like 5 minutes renaming files for you. you still had to do the harder things by hand.

Could somebody please help me. I followed the tutorial 3 times, starting over each time. My Icons on the character select screen show up as Random and freeze when it is selected. As stated in the post, I checked to make sure my ft_fighter.pac and common2.pac are both in the SD card, which they are. It's also not taking the extra 10 seconds it should be to load. What am I missing?

Sounds like your config files arent set up correctly. that also happens when you mess up the animpat files when adding custom cosmetics