Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827859 times)
secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8565 on: May 04, 2016, 11:54:48 PM »

Anyway, wow, it's been years since I've posted here and I'm glad to see the community still exists. I've found myself missing brawl modding and working on Brawl4All with Nebulon. If anyone needs any help with anything, feel free to ask me. I'm a programmer by trade and can help with anything moveset oriented/bug fixing. If there's a bug/something you want to add to a PSA that you can't do, let me know and I'll take a crack at solving it.
    I think one PSA that I'd like to utilize but can't is the Crash on Ice Climbers by Calikingz. I think there's a few others I was interested in that come to mind, Scizor being one of them. If you could upload him that would be really great.
    Other than that PyotrLuzhin was able to get the ASL working with BrawlEx for PM DIY, however for whatever reason the region of memory he moved it into doesn't work properly with vBrawl. That combined with the Custom Stage Expansion we already have would really maximize our selection of stages. Right now the most we can get is with the old AFL, which has a bug and only works with 1 additional folder.

Those are just a couple things that come to mind to me.

No. The extra costumes on the default characters work fine. They have their portraits and all.
    My extra characters aren't showing up on the character select screen. They showed up when I used Brawl on my Wii, but on vWii, they aren't showing up.

vWii and Wii shouldn't work any differently. When you put the same SD card back in the Wii it works fine? It should be reading your CSSRoster.dat fine, or else no one would show up on your CSS at all. I'd double check that file though for sure, since that's where BrawlEx finds which new fighters to put on the CSS.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8566 on: May 05, 2016, 03:30:22 AM »

Minor Brawlex improvement!

My pack is not publicly released since there would be too many people to credit and it contains experimental features

Brawlex can now hold up to 105 slots in the CSS! (Previously 100)
    New Limitation if this is used:
    Using this modification without unlocking all characters in Brawl will likely cause a crash.

Unfortunately CSSRoster.dat seems hardcoded to only accept 100 slots. Brawlex ignored the added slots after adding them via a hex editor. Well at least this covers the CSS portion of getting to 105 slots. Here are the files (use the two included files to replace the ones in sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData30): http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa2twu2d78eajh2/CSS+105+slots.rar

My next idea is to isolate and remove the CSSRoster.dat dependency from BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x's sora_menu_sel_char.rel so the custom random and custom css codes can be used once again with Brawlex for loading more than 100 CSS slots. This is not going well however.

At least PhantomWings told us what changes were made for alt CSP loading in BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x. PhantomWing's posts are helpful for learning how to edit modules.
    The external CSP loader more or less stands as it's own unit inside sora_menu_sel_char.rel (Common3's MiscData[13].rel file). The only reason it's paired up with the CSS Roster Expansion is that their hook points both happen to be in there.

I'm pretty booked for this coming weekend and the next, so I don't think I'll be able to help you any time soon, but if you'd like to look into it yourself, you can take a look at the module in Resources\Common3 of the 2.0.0.x package and try to extract the changes yourself. There are 3 things that you'll need to copy out from the module into a vanilla sora_menu_sel_char.rel module. The hook is at section[1] 0x1109C while the corresponding hook routine is at section[7] 0x0. There's also a directory string at section[5] 0xE40 that you'll need to copy and/or change depending on where you want to load from.

Best of luck.

I'll PM PhantomWings but nothing will likely result from that.

Yes, but you can use the articles of the character you're porting over. Or just use none -- the only reason I chose Marth in the past was because Marth had a large moveset file and I wasn't working with articles anyway.

For example, a long time ago (and still when I have time) I have been working on revamping the Gyarados PSA. I currently have it ported over Samus rather than Mario like it originally was. I cannot use Mario's fireball article anymore (for his B move) but I now can use any of Samus's articles (which is what I wanted). The same can be applied to any PSA.

Ah I see. Thanks for the information!
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:47:00 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8567 on: May 05, 2016, 10:31:49 AM »

I think one PSA that I'd like to utilize but can't is the Crash on Ice Climbers by Calikingz. I think there's a few others I was interested in that come to mind, Scizor being one of them. If you could upload him that would be really great.
    Other than that PyotrLuzhin was able to get the ASL working with BrawlEx for PM DIY, however for whatever reason the region of memory he moved it into doesn't work properly with vBrawl. That combined with the Custom Stage Expansion we already have would really maximize our selection of stages. Right now the most we can get is with the old AFL, which has a bug and only works with 1 additional folder.

Those are just a couple things that come to mind to me.

I ported Crash a long time ago, but I don't have the file anymore -- I sent it to Nebulon years ago though, he might still have it. I can do it again I guess when I have time. I do want to port the rest of the PSAs that can't be used with BrawlEx though, so I guess I'll start with Crash whenever I get around to it.

Unfortunately, I know very little about Brawl's engine or how it works. Being a programmer doesn't automatically mean I can I know everything about modding Brawl's game engine (as much as I wish it did). I was thinking making a new Project Smash Attacks program in the future to make moveset editing even easier, but that's if I have as much time as I'd like.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8568 on: May 05, 2016, 03:38:33 PM »

vWii and Wii shouldn't work any differently. When you put the same SD card back in the Wii it works fine? It should be reading your CSSRoster.dat fine, or else no one would show up on your CSS at all. I'd double check that file though for sure, since that's where BrawlEx finds which new fighters to put on the CSS.
    I actually bought a 16GB SD card for my Wii U recently, so I moved everything from a backup I had to the new SD card.

As for running it on my Wii, I haven't tested it yet. Last time I used BrawlEx on my Wii, it worked fine on my 8GB SD card. I mean, all of my hacks work fine (music, CSPs, stage replacements, etc.) work fine in vWii (provided I use a dumped copy. The hacks wouldn't read with the disc, for some reason).
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:40:32 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8569 on: May 05, 2016, 04:50:29 PM »

Why would we need more than 100 characters anyway? 80 is being spoilt enough, we were at 100. I don't think many people will make too good use of another 5 slots.

Though don't get me wrong ebola, that's amazing!

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8570 on: May 05, 2016, 10:45:01 PM »

If you don't mind using it as a work around, you can also use the "Hold Shield for alternate character" code that Pyotr recoded to be more flexible.
    It's on his thread here: http://smashboards.com/threads/pyotrluzhins-lab.434012

You should be able to access the extra slots with that no problem. I recall people using boss slots back when we were really limited too, so you might be able to exploit those as well. I plan to use it to push my limits a little bit for sure.

Also itman, an improved PSA would be excellent. There's a lot of missing information and such in the version I'm using at least, and as far as I'm aware only old version of BrawlBox can edit articles. If you were able to get that Crash back that would be awesome, I'm not sure what Nebulon is up to right now. Don't keep up too much but he does check in here in the BrawlEx thread from time to time, so if he still has it hopefully he'll see this.

And Segtendo, I'd try using your current setup in your normal wii to verify that it isn't an issue exclusive to the Wii U. I'd also try remaking your CSSRoster.dat file, or double checking it to make sure it's setup correctly.

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8571 on: May 06, 2016, 11:52:45 AM »

Why should you need any more than about 65? There can't be that many really good characters out there... why flood the roster with a bunch of janky garbage?

But maybe I'm too much of a stickler for quality. Hell, I'm considering not adding stuff like Cali's Little Mac and Ryu because I notice issues that would cause them to stick out among the rest of the cast (when you're putting so much effort into things, the smaller stuff sticks out so much more).

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #8572 on: May 06, 2016, 04:01:57 PM »

What we could use right now is BrawlEX for stages

That would be pretty [censored]ing sweet

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8573 on: May 06, 2016, 08:43:46 PM »

What we could use right now is BrawlEX for stages

That would be pretty [censored]ing sweet
    Well we already have that to an extent, the custom stage system PW has right now supports a lot more stages than the sss has room for iirc. I remember he was saying he wanted to manipulate the stage builder selection into somehow loading up custom stages instead, but unless its being worked on in secret I doubt we'll see it any time soon.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8574 on: May 07, 2016, 04:02:55 AM »

The point of preparing the CSS for expansion is more about learning PPC ASM than the actual result (although I certainly wouldn't complain if this is successful). I've already figured out slot position editing and I have an idea as to what is causing slots past 100 to not be read. If I'm correct this can be applied to the stage selection screen too. Right now my biggest problem is that I can't seem to find any documentation on using Dolphin's Debug mode for searching/editing addresses in the virtual RAM (I don't own a USB Gecko either). I posted this on the Dolphin forums too in hopes that one of the devs can lend a hand.

(Original Post: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-using-dolphin-debug-to-write-gecko-codes)
    "Hello,

I recently registered on this forum but I'm pretty familiar with Dolphin. I want to attempt to make a Gecko code but I have no programming background (or USB Gecko). I'm attempting to modify the Brawl Expansion Project (Brawlex) for Super Smash Bros. Brawl (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0). Brawlex increased Brawl's moveset limit to 100 but I'd like to expand that limit to 105.

Theoretically, Brawlex supports up to ~120 movesets but support was stopped at 100 due to character select screen's (CSS) limitations. I recently figured out how edit the CSS slot alignment using Brawlbox and added 5 more slots (http://i.imgur.com/Odmh1HK.png). I have properly configured the new 5 movesets's files to load however Dolphin's logs indicate that Dolphin doesn't even try reading files for the added 5 movesets.
    Also, this code is able to modify the number and order of slots that appear on the CSS:
    Custom CSS V3 [spunit262]
    0668310C 00000030
    387E006C 3B600000
    3C808068 38840DE0
    7CBB20AE 7CA50775
    41800014 94A30004
    3B7B0001 2C1B0032
    4180FFE8 48000038
    04690338 48000068
    066900d8 00000008
    2c170028 41820168
    02680DE0 0022FFFF
    06680DE0 000000YY <---- CSS Icon Count
    ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ <---- Icon data

Brawlex integrated the functionality of this code into common3.pac's sora_menu_sel_char.rel and reads the Icon data from a new file called CSSRoster.dat. This also shifted how the addresses load so the code cannot be used anymore.

Since I am using the max number of CSS slots (100 or 0x64), I suspect that the game is hard coded to not accept more than 0x00000064 for the CSS icon count. My idea is to find and increase this value to 0x00000069 and see if that solves the problem. I was able to load my codes into debug mode by loading them through GeckoOS's .elf file but Dolphin's memory and code tabs are a bit confusing to me. The best information I could find was a tutorial for using Wiird but I do not have a USB Gecko (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaEtr3AviYg). This has led to the following questions:

1. For what I want to do, should I use normal dolphin with the /d argument or a DEBUGFAST build? If I need a DEBUGFAST build, can someone point me to a download for a working one? Apparently DEBUGFAST occasionally has broken functionality on certain builds.
    2. Which tab in Dolphin should I be looking at and where is the box where I can enter values that I want to search for? I'd like to see some information on how to repeatedly search for a u32 value of 0x00000064 using dolphin debug while removing changed entries from previous searches. I'll then attempt to write a Gecko code using that address and the Gecko Codetype information (http://geckocodes.org/index.php?arsenal=1#)

Feel free to let me know if I'm misunderstanding something too. I'd at least like to try changing that value even if it doesn't fix the problem. Thanks!"

Update: What I'm looking for was hidden in Cheat Manager and debugfast is only needed for memory checks. Thanks PyotrLuzhin! Now I can proceed.
    « Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 04:33:04 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #8575 on: May 07, 2016, 09:03:09 AM »

Well we already have that to an extent, the custom stage system PW has right now supports a lot more stages than the sss has room for iirc. I remember he was saying he wanted to manipulate the stage builder selection into somehow loading up custom stages instead, but unless its being worked on in secret I doubt we'll see it any time soon.

If that's the case, then we can actually modify the code and the files to see how much more stages we can fit. That shouldn't be too much of a problem on itself, however, I fear we might run into filesize issues pretty soon due to the fact that every stage has it's own preview, icon, stage name and series icon.

If I remember correctly, what we have now runs around 70 stages, right?

I'm pretty sure I still remember how to reorganize the stages within the SSS. But we would probably need a modified SSS with added bones for the extra stages we might need.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8576 on: May 07, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »

I've been using 2 stages per slot, so I know you can get previews to push the limit if you keep them really simple. It's a sacrifice of quality on the SSS for quantity of stages unfortunately, I don't think there's really any surefire way around that at this point.
    I think that might have in part been why PW wanted to manipulate the stage builder selection, because it loads its previews from a different location but that's just speculation.
    I remember Dantarion put up a video of a 3rd stage selection page at one point, that would be really useful in terms of fitting more icons on screen but I don't think it was ever released.

Briyoda
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8577 on: May 16, 2016, 12:50:10 PM »

Hi. Im trying to make a BrawlEx Pack for my cousins and just cant find a good tutorial out there. I kinda have an idea of how to do it but could you make a noob tutorial that goes through everything? Its ok if you cant. I just learned about BrawlEx about a wek ago and most of the packs out there have tons of charcters I dont want.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #8578 on: May 18, 2016, 04:15:21 PM »

I know the Project M D.I.Y. people are also following this thread so I'll ask here. Has the ASL code been edited since P:M D.I.Y. 0.1? I'd be willing to test it on regular Brawlex if it receives an update.
    When you say expanded slots do you mean expanded costume slots like cBliss had? It is important to note that cBliss should not be used with Brawlex and costumes should be added via editing the fighter and CSSSlot config files.
    I think that would be equally difficult to finishing the remaining .rels. Rel ports also don't behave properly with every PSA so I think more Brawlex modules would be the better way to go.

Sorry for the late answer. ASL was updated to work. tho it needs further changes to work for vbrawl. we are actually tinkering around with that. i'll keep you updated.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8579 on: May 18, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »

Sorry for the late answer. ASL was updated to work. tho it needs further changes to work for vbrawl. we are actually tinkering around with that. i'll keep you updated.
    Ah, that's great news! Thanks!

Pages:  1 ... 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: