Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: If I'm ever to return to hacking, and it would be vertex, what hacks should I do?
Veran V2 - 6 (10.3%)
Fi - 9 (15.5%)
Majora V3 - 11 (19%)
Fierce Deity V2 - 5 (8.6%)
OoS/A Link - 8 (13.8%)
Skyward Sword Link - 12 (20.7%)
Demise - 7 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages:  1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74
Author Topic: Alright then, time to shake off the rust  (Read 272523 times)
GameWatching
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1050 on: October 14, 2011, 01:19:24 PM »

Yes, this is such a great idead!

Let's have all vertex hackers move there while we're at it!

/sarcasm

As I've already stated in the on-topic thread if moving to LST becomes a trend you will eventually get a good fraction of the usual lurking guests over there. At that point it won't be long before they get shut down by proboards for traffic overload like they did with KC:MM 2 years ago (back when the traffic compared to today's traffic was an absolute joke). Oh and here comes the good part! It won't even help KC:MM, we still have BV meaning to download the hacks from LST the lurkers will still come here.

Face the facts, freehosts aren't made for big communities like this one.
    these are the facts. Im srs here

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1051 on: October 21, 2011, 04:21:05 AM »

Okay guys, I think I've figured out a decent last hurrah for me before the model importer comes out, or unless I get inspired to pick something up off the shelf, which is what this is.

I'm going to revamp Veran, possibly for Zelda, using AngelGlory's as a sort of "base." like Starwaffle did with my Toon Zelda. Hope for something this weekend.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1052 on: October 21, 2011, 05:04:42 AM »

Okay guys, I think I've figured out a decent last hurrah for me before the model importer comes out, or unless I get inspired to pick something up off the shelf, which is what this is.

I'm going to revamp Veran, possibly for Zelda, using AngelGlory's as a sort of "base." like Starwaffle did with my Toon Zelda. Hope for something this weekend.

Do be so pretentious. Even when the importer comes out, there will still be a need for vertexers for the character's that have no 3D models to begin with. You have 2 options in this case.

- Continue vertexing: Which may not be a bad idea since it will take a while for the importer to really take off for other people, especially when it comes to executing the use of the importer. Besides. You can use the vertexing skill you have gained to do the second option.

-Make Custom Models for the importer: That's right, with your new found expertise in knowing how 3DSMAX works, you can conceivably make your own models using tools like Maya and 3DS.

Just because the importer comes doesn't mean it's the end. It's only a new beginning.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1053 on: October 21, 2011, 05:24:21 AM »

Do be so pretentious. Even when the importer comes out, there will still be a need for vertexers for the character's that have no 3D models to begin with. You have 2 options in this case.

- Continue vertexing: Which may not be a bad idea since it will take a while for the importer to really take off for other people, especially when it comes to executing the use of the importer. Besides. You can use the vertexing skill you have gained to do the second option.

-Make Custom Models for the importer: That's right, with your new found expertise in knowing how 3DSMAX works, you can conceivably make your own models using tools like Maya and 3DS.

Just because the importer comes doesn't mean it's the end. It's only a new beginning.
    I agree with Velen, the importer doesn't mean the end for Vertexing. No, it clears an entire new road for Vertexing! Vertexters can use the importer to cover new grounds, they can go further then many other people who will use the importer.

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1054 on: October 21, 2011, 10:25:28 PM »

And as I said to Velen last night, I meant something different. This is probably going to be my last hack before the importer comes out. Then I'm going to keep doing them even after it's out, be it models or whatnot. If you didn't catch the meaning of my post, then, well...sorry for you.

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1055 on: December 03, 2011, 07:37:14 PM »

Well, it's obvious that I haven't left, if you bother looking around the forum games forum. However I'm not certain if I'm going to be doing a lot of hacks nowadays since most people have jumped over to importing. Personally I think imports can fornicate themselves with an iron pipe if they're not well rigged and don't look like they belong in the game, but what do I know? I might just be an old codger clinging to the old traditions.

However I would still like to do a few hacks. I'm going to switch my poll for some new options lingering on my mind.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1056 on: December 03, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »

I've no idea what you're talking about, A well done vertex can be far more superior to any import.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

ラッキー★ヨーイ
    Hyper Kitten

Thats not true!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1057 on: December 03, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »

Yea and imports are very glitchy and messy most of the times...

Persona's:
    Sebastian
    White Rock Shooter

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1058 on: December 04, 2011, 01:41:22 AM »

I've no idea what you're talking about, A well done vertex can be far more superior to any import.

This is so very untrue.  An imported custom model > all.  As so well proven here and here

Both methods have their pros and cons.  I personally would quite like to see how you go about doing custom models Majora Tongue

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1059 on: December 04, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »

This is so very untrue.  An imported custom model > all.  As so well proven here and here

Both methods have their pros and cons.  I personally would quite like to see how you go about doing custom models Majora Tongue

'Can be'
    Not always Tongue

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1060 on: December 05, 2011, 09:51:44 AM »

All depends on the skill level of the creator. And unfortunately, I'm not exactly skilled with model making. I mean I could probably make something, yes, but how good it will be is questionable, as I have no idea how to do half ot he stuff in custom models, such as applying texture/maps/etc.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1061 on: December 05, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »

All depends on the skill level of the creator. And unfortunately, I'm not exactly skilled with model making. I mean I could probably make something, yes, but how good it will be is questionable, as I have no idea how to do half ot he stuff in custom models, such as applying texture/maps/etc.

never to late to learn

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1062 on: December 05, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »

never to late to learn
    Amen to that Tongue

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1063 on: December 05, 2011, 05:03:35 PM »

never to late to learn

My thoughts exactly, though not as nicely as how you put It.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1064 on: December 05, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »

my point is basically that everyone started being a noob...

Pages:  1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74
    Print
    Jump to: