Alright then, time to shake off the rust

Started by JBG, March 30, 2010, 08:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

If I'm ever to return to hacking, and it would be vertex, what hacks should I do?

Veran V2
6 (10.3%)
Fi
9 (15.5%)
Majora V3
11 (19%)
Fierce Deity V2
5 (8.6%)
OoS/A Link
8 (13.8%)
Skyward Sword Link
12 (20.7%)
Demise
7 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Saria is looking nice man :)
The gauntlets and charm neckless are really nice touches.

I, like the others, don't like the face much though.
It isn't actually the likeness to Peach that makes me dislike it, it is more the skin tone and facepaint that I don't like.
I also think that the texture looks a bit too... umm... "clean" for a Twilight Princess styled hack.
I think the texture should look more like she is actually a forest dweller, like ripped/worn clothes and patches of dirt and stuff (you could also replace the facepaint with dirt).

If you decide to keep the facepaint, I think you should smudge it around a little... At the moment it looks very perfectly applied for someone who would have likely put it on with her hands.


...

Now I feel like a real smeghead for pointing out stuff that I dislike more than the stuff I do like :(

Yeah get rid of the face paint, or make it a different version, and make the textures less saturated and more grayish, so it looks more realistic.

Ok let me try to respond to all of the feedback here. I'm just a little wary about toning down the greens, mainly because I feel if I do it any more, it'll barely be distiginguishable that it's green. I've added patterns and such to the clothes to give it a more twilight princess feel, based on the appearance of Skull Kid. I really wish I could incorperate more leaves into her appearance, but there really sin't a whole lot of room for them. I have to pretty much leave the hairband the way it is because of texture stretching. I could desatureate it to make it look better, but that's it. Trust me I wanted to make it out of wood. As far as her eyes go, I'm planning on making them closer to Illia's, since she was Saria's equivilent in Twilight Princess.

Here's a quick preview of what I did last night before bed.



I'm planning on making her belt bukle a round piece of wood, just a fyi. Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do. Perhaps I could POSSIBLY implement Peach's skirt into this hack and give her a leaf skirt or kilt or something. I dunno, I could texture it onto the shorts too. I agree there's not exactly enough going on with her design, but her OoT design was pretty plain to begin with as well... And in truth, Link's overall design wasn't changed that drastically in the transition from OoT/MM to TP.

Also, I checked betwen the green I'm using for her tunic and the green that Link has for his tunic. Mine's just more yellow, but their saturation's about the same.

OF COURSE, I could always drop the idea fo her sweater and jsut give her a plain tunic underneath. Then that could possibly make room for a leaf collar instead of the sweater collar, and she'll look a little more..."rough."

Hey nice Saria man!

The texture looks very nice. Looks like everything is mapped perfectly. I'm impressed.

Necklace ain't, but I'm going to fix that.

While I do that i'm also going to implement some new ideas I got on a stroll through the woods.

Oh...okay guys...bad news...I'm kind of going to be out of it for awhile now...my parents are taking in my 14 year old black lab/german shepard into the vet to have him put down as I type this...his back end just sin't working anymore and he's in a lot of pain...

so I've just lost a huge amount of motivation...and I'm doing my best not to cry...

damn, this ones looks good, i wonder why fierce deity is so over rated(i have never played majoras mask, i've had enough mind[censored]s until today), and i love the sword, good job :3




Quote from: Black Boo on July 26, 2011, 11:20:10 PM
Oh...okay guys...bad news...I'm kind of going to be out of it for awhile now...my parents are taking in my 14 year old black lab/german shepard into the vet to have him put down as I type this...his back end just sin't working anymore and he's in a lot of pain...

so I've just lost a huge amount of motivation...and I'm doing my best not to cry...

Oh my god.

I have a dog who is 13 years old. That's his life expectancy.

You go and do what you need to Black Boo.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I'm really sorry to hear that Black Boo. You just have to understand things like that happen man. It's hard I know, but just remember always, life goes on.

If you need anyone to talk to, you can always PM me.

Quote from: Black Boo on July 26, 2011, 11:20:10 PM
Oh...okay guys...bad news...I'm kind of going to be out of it for awhile now...my parents are taking in my 14 year old black lab/german shepard into the vet to have him put down as I type this...his back end just sin't working anymore and he's in a lot of pain...

so I've just lost a huge amount of motivation...and I'm doing my best not to cry...
I remember when i had two pets put down, those were sad days for me.

Good luck, Black Boo.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

I feel both better and wrose right now. I feel better because he was put down awhile ago. I feel worse because I helped put the corpse in the coffin and bury it....

I was hoping to release twilight Saria tomorrow...but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen...mabe thursday. De[ends how I feel.

Quote from: Black Boo on July 27, 2011, 01:23:54 AM
I feel both better and wrose right now. I feel better because he was put down awhile ago. I feel worse because I helped put the corpse in the coffin and bury it....

I was hoping to release twilight Saria tomorrow...but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen...mabe thursday. De[ends how I feel.
That sucks dude.
Hope things get better for ya.
Take as much time as you need.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Man, I did cry a lot when my 4 years old Boxer died... I share your pain, Black Boo, I really really do... My post may be short... But I mean every word in it..

K well, I'm going to try to make myself feel better by working on this. Here's what I have so far.


Quote from: Black Boo on July 27, 2011, 03:21:16 AM
K well, I'm going to try to make myself feel better by working on this. Here's what I have so far.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I like what you did with the collar there.

Did you also change her green color a bit? It looks much closer to the Twilight Princess look and feel than before.

Unless I'm just going crazy. @_@