Llama Juice's Stages thread. Bowser's Castle and HD Peach's Castle Released!

Started by LlamaJuice, February 27, 2014, 08:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Are the inside ledges when it splits supposed to be grabable?  If so, they're not working, and if not, is there any chance that can be added?


I made them not be grabbable because then people can hang onto those ledges when the stage is closing and hide inside the map.  I don't think I can kick the player off of the ledge at that point.


Nah, it's pretty bad.  It causes it so that the user can then drop down inside the stage and jump out through other parts of the map.  Not being able to grab the ledge is better than having people able to glitch jump through the stage.

Well, you could kick them off by having a floor that rises from the inside of the hole just when the walls finish closing. The character would be forced to not be hanging in there anymore.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

This mewtwo guy is a genius.
That said, I am thoroughly enjoying this stage and can't wait to see what else you build.


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 28, 2014, 11:11:22 PM
Well, you could kick them off by having a floor that rises from the inside of the hole just when the walls finish closing. The character would be forced to not be hanging in there anymore.

Or if you want to punish hanging there you can have a ceiling that pushes down into a kill zone.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

a very nice stage. the animations, the rumbling, the music i used (well ok that was me, but im still givin you credit :P)

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Hey guys!  I finally am updating my Golden Sun, Venus Lighthouse stage. What's new you ask?  (Good question!)

MewTwo2000 did a handful of tweaks to help polish the map in ways that I didn't know needed to be fixed.  (Things like Pokemon Trainer's positioning and such was totally broken)

There is also now a few versions of the map in the .zip  There are versions for the Wii and Dolphin, there are versions for grabbable edges and not grabbable ledges.  Grab whatever one you want and go with that.  I know there was a lot of requests for a version where you can't grab the side ledges so I wanted to make people happy.  I strongly suggest trying the version WITH the grabbing enabled, and play a few matches on that before trying the non-grabby version.  The edge guard game is entirely thrown off with the grabby version in the best way.

Changelist via Mewtwo2000
-Fixed player spawn positions, giving them their spawn animations back.
-Overhauled Day/night cycle.  Includes stars at night, new sky at dusk, brighter during day.
-Optimized my meshes to use the tristripper.  Should reduce lag.
-Fixed Pokemon Trainer
-Added alternate collisions to disable grabbing side ledges, grabs ledges in the center of the stage when split apart.

I then took his tweaks and changed a few things as well.
-Redid clouds.  There was a few small issues with them that finally bothered me enough to redo the clouds entirely.  Now they move slower and don't have bad clipping across them. (I doubt anyone else noticed)
-Fixed water animations.  (They apparently didn't loop properly, didn't notice before)
-Fixed Mewtwo's day/night animations to loop better.
-Added collision inside the center of the stage to try to trap people inside the stage if they get crushed when the stage is closing on them.
-Toned down Mewtwo2000's dusk to be more mellow.
-Removed the clouds from the skybox itself.  There were static clouds on the background that was bothering me.  They're gone now.

Preview:
[SSBB hack] - Venus Lighthouse (Final Release Preview)

Brawl Vault: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=32098

I also made a gif of the day/night cycle.(3 MB)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, if you enjoy the map, I would really appreciate a donation.  I'm trying to make my way into the game industry and any small bit would help out.  Thanks :)


- LlamaJuice@Gmail.com

Thanks to those of you who've already helped out.  You're all rockstars and I really appreciate it.

Should probably word the donation bit better.

Stage looks nice. I still recommend a slightly larger version. Ask Mewtwo, he knows the right size. Collision data inside the crack is cool.


this stage is much more amazingerer now. i loved it before, but now it's pretty much perfected (meaning: if there are things that need to be perfected, i sure as hell dont notice them).

bravo, and keep up the amazing work on yer projects

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Hey guys, just wanted to post and say that I'm not dead.  I know I lived here for like three months, and then just kinda blinked away, but it's because of good news!

I'm the newest artist on the PMBR, and so now I'm working with the team.  I wanted to come back and post saying that I'm super happy for everything you all helped me with and very thankful for how great this community is.  You'll be seeing stuff from me in the future, just not nearly as incremental as it used to be haha.  Much love.

any leaks? knowing your artistry with 3d models, the PMBR will benefit immensely

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Probably the fastest anyone got into the PMBR. Congrats, man. Looking forward to what you make in the future.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

HD Metal Cavern Released!  Included within Project M 3.5.

This stage needed some new love pushed into it, and I'm super glad to have been able to revamp the classic stage with new graphics.  I custom modeled and textured everything with help from the rest of the PMDT.  It plays identically to standard Metal Cavern in the older Project M versions, but we wanted to make it pretty.  I hope you guys enjoy it!  It's included in the base download for Project M already, but I've also added it to the brawl vault for you guys to grab it if you're not the Project M type.

I wanted to add a bunch of stuff from Mario 64 into this stage, specifically from the Hazy Maze Cave area from Mario 64.  I hope you enjoy!







Brawl Vault Link
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207030