Llama Juice's Stages thread. Bowser's Castle and HD Peach's Castle Released!

Started by LlamaJuice, February 27, 2014, 08:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Update! 7/16/2015 - Bowser's Castle and HD Peach's Castle Released! (Included within Project M 3.6Beta)


Brawl Vault Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209083
Additional Images: https://imgur.com/a/QIuBV#0

The king of the koopas finally has his own stomping grounds!  We designed this to be a casual stage that's still fun in a competitive environment.  Well over 500 hours were poured into creating this and I'm extremely proud to finally be able to release it publicly to you all.




Brawl Vault Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209082
Additional Images: https://imgur.com/a/t8GZr#0

The classic Peach's Castle stage from Smash 64 has gotten an HD facelift!  I wanted to really push this into a direction where it's a more modern take on the classic stage, and consider how the stage would look if it was built today.  It takes inspiration from Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Super Mario World, and Smash 64 (of course) all baked together.  It's a fun casual stage that's been updated to Project M 3.6's gameplay style.  (AKA, the platform moving back and forth is now grab-able.  This was needed for tether characters to be able to recover in some capacity.)



Update! 12/1/2014 - HD Metal Cavern Released!  Included within Project M 3.5.


Brawl Vault Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207030
Additional Images: https://imgur.com/a/BhduU

This stage needed some new love pushed into it, and I'm super glad to have been able to revamp the classic stage with new graphics.  I custom modeled and textured everything with help from the rest of the PMDT.  It plays identically to standard Metal Cavern in the older Project M versions, but we wanted to make it pretty.  I hope you guys enjoy it!  It's included in the base download for Project M already, but I've also added it to the brawl vault for you guys to grab it if you're not the Project M type.




Original Post: Golden Sun: Venus Lighthouse Stage.


Brawl Vault Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36395
Additional Images: http://imgur.com/a/YDEN6#0

Golden Sun does not have enough love in this community and so I thought it'd be appropriate to bring some much deserved attention to the wonderful franchise of Golden Sun. I started this project as my first map for Brawl and I think it turned out fairly well. It's fun and has a unique layout that I think adds some interesting strategy to the game.

I included two different .pac files for this stage. One that's designed for the Wii and one that's designed for Dolphin. I couldn't get the effects to look the same while having it all contained within one file, so I had to split it up into two, each file being optimized for it's platform.

I saw how most of the content on this site appears to be just ripped from other games and that made me sad, so I wanted to try to create this stage using all custom created content. I spent the better part of two months pouring my life into this stage. I hope you enjoy it!

i am very, very impressed!

good job on ur first release! and ill be making my own video showing off this stage ;D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Yeah, it's very impressive, I'll probably make a video too so it's more known.

Congrats  :kdance:
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

That's very impressive! Especially since this is your first stage only means it'll get better from here!
Look forward to your future hacks good sir.

I love it and will be using it, myself. As I suggested in the WIP thread though, is there any chance you can do a slightly scaled up version? The side platforms are a little small and the characters seem huge on this stage. Don't get me wrong though, it's beautiful.


Thanks everyone for all the awesome comments.  I appreciate it :D

@Riddler
I don't have any plans to do a scaled up version of the stage.  I feel that the current scale feels very good for the stage's gameplay. Plus, Scale isn't always the most important thing :P

Purty...

I can't wait for other hacks from you, Llama.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: LlamaJuice on February 27, 2014, 06:17:50 PM
Thanks everyone for all the awesome comments.  I appreciate it :D

@Riddler
I don't have any plans to do a scaled up version of the stage.  I feel that the current scale feels very good for the stage's gameplay. Plus, Scale isn't always the most important thing :P
Having characters smaller than the stage is one thing. Having them bigger is another. D:

Oh well, I'll still be using it because it's awesome.


well as i said earlier, here is my video of ur stage mate!

https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

It makes me an awkward level of happy to see other people playing on my stage.  Thanks for the video sir.  :D

I've made mine too. However, I'm not using the stage as is in the vault, I've made some changes to it and I'll share them with you in case you want them for something.

[SSBB hack] - Venus Lighthouse (by Llama Juice)

The changes in this version (which I'm not releasing to the public but just you) are basically with lighting. The skydome was affected by lighting, and the part on the top was extremely dark to my liking. So I've made it not to be affected by lights at all. On the contrary, I've made the water to be affected by light. I've modified the lighting and fog, so daytime changes are more noticeable. I've made the skydome to use 2 textures, which are switched with a clr0 animation - when alpha is 255 texture 1 is seen, and when alpha is 0 texture 2 is seen instead. Included an alternate collision file with grabbable ledges on the center when it's open, and removed the ledges on the side platforms.

Also, and very important, I've moved down by 10 units the spawn positions. I suppose you thought that the spawn point was related with the center of the character or something, but instead it's just the lowest point of the character's body. In other words, if the floor is at height 0, the spawn point has to be at height 0 (or maybe height 0.1 or a little higher, but not 10). You shall fix that in order to get character entries working, and pokemon not t-stancing when pokemon trainer is played.

So, I'm gonna send you a PM with the edited version, and you decide what to do with it.

Nice work on the stage again, it really is fun to play, and it's a really good representation of the Golden Sun place it's based on.  ;)
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

That means a lot coming from you sir haha.

The skydome accepting lighting was something that bothered me, but I felt like it also caused my silly daynight cycle to be somewhat more believeable or something because I don't understand clr0 animations or how to use them

For the spawn points I couldn't really do much to edit them.  Any time I'd try to actually edit them it would just crash brawlbox and so once I got it to a point where they at least spawn in and don't just fall through the floor I was happy haha.  I do appreciate you fixing that though man.

I'm looking forward to that PM with your changes.  Thanks a lot man.

Will send it after fixing a few more things I've found.

- Pokemon Trainer spawns: I know the stage is meant for Project M, but in case people are using it for vBrawl, it's better to have them in good spots. They're trespassing things currently.

- You seem to have used an old version of Brawlbox, which imports unefficiently the models. That means higher chances to lag. I'm re-importing some of the models to see the lag decreased.

About Brawlbox crashing when editing the stgposition bones, that happened with an old version of Blackjax's Brawlbox, not the newer ones afaik. Anyway, I like to use the Brawlbox before Blackjax for these things, cause that one doesn't rebuild the model. It's called "Brawlbox v0.63d modset 4.2" in case you need it in the future. Using the latest one (v0.71) should be fine too, though.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I forgot that Pokemon Trainer is a thing... hahaha good catch.

I've pretty much exclusively used v0.71 except for situations where people had mentioned specific reasons to use other versions.  I'll keep that in mind for this version.  I had played with the tristripper when I first started this project and I didn't see any change at all in any of my facepoint counts so I didn't bother looking at it anymore after that and I just worked on optimizing my actual mesh the best I could.

Weird, all the models I've checked were unoptimized, as if imported with 0.70 or earlier. Maybe you didn't use the tristrip option, dunno. Well, anyway, I've decreased the count for most models by now, and I've placed the trainers on a decent spot. Gonna send you the thing now.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial