BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates

Started by Vyse, March 05, 2014, 02:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I see that the tried and true "flood the topic with P:M followers until no discussion becomes possible anymore" strategy is still going strong.

So, can we have the opinions from people that have actually been remotely active around here and actually read the arguments posited before, or should I just take a cup of coffee while the Nanobuds fans parot the same 4 lines?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

February 03, 2016, 07:53:42 PM #691 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 07:57:08 PM by Nanobuds
Quote from: Miacis on February 03, 2016, 07:50:22 PM
I see that the tried and true "flood the topic with P:M followers until no discussion becomes possible anymore" strategy is still going strong.

So, can we have the opinions from people that have actually been remotely active around here and actually read the arguments posited before, or should I just take a cup of coffee while the Nanobuds fans parot the same 4 lines?
A majority of active modders these days are at SmashBoards, not KCMM. They just use the Vault to upload their work since its the oldest source for mods.

The forums here are like a desert compared to the Custom Content section of SmashBoards. Anyone coming from there has an equally valid opinion to those who stay here at KCMM.

No need to ignore the only people keeping the Vault alive.

Which is why you needed to make a long post about how evil I am in your personal thread there before they would show their concern about this place.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on February 03, 2016, 07:50:22 PM
I see that the tried and true "flood the topic with P:M followers until no discussion becomes possible anymore" strategy is still going strong.

So, can we have the opinions from people that have actually been remotely active around here and actually read the arguments posited before, or should I just take a cup of coffee while the Nanobuds fans parot the same 4 lines?

Oh hey, this is an example of what I mentioned a few months back about the "big hot-shot names" around these boards and their attitudes? Which got shut down because no one likes to hear negative things about themselves.

You guys are the worst, literally. The fact of the matter is that, no matter how you slice it, people will uploading work not obtained by honest means. Especially considering the manner the content WAS released. Just because it's the same with "official" Smash content doesn't make it any better.

Allowing people the opportunity to upload content not officially released by the ex-PMDT BEFORE THEY THEMSELVES are able to decide if THEY want to is just really tacky. I mean, a lot of you folks are rather tacky but a small part of me thought there was a limit.

I'm repeating what's been said by most folks here because the "big hot-shot names" aren't quite getting it, nor do they care enough.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Quote from: vinegar on February 03, 2016, 07:37:52 PM
we're supposed to help each other out, even if this wasn't about the pmdt i wouldn't agree this.
Quote from: Layell on February 03, 2016, 07:47:59 PM
Perhaps treating the PMDT with some good-will would make them more willing to work with the greater Brawl modding community, think of it that way.

*Sigh*

Quote from: Cynapse on February 03, 2016, 07:43:23 PM
Oh don't worry it's okay so long as you mention the creator's name even if they didn't give consent and were totally against it—the newly rewritten rules say so!
Rules have not been touched since November 25, 2013. Our decision literally means we're not adjusting the rules to add Project M as an exception to them, not the opposite.

Quote from: Miacis on February 03, 2016, 07:50:22 PM
So, can we have the opinions from people that have actually been remotely active around here and actually read the arguments posted before
Would love this very much.

Quote from: Nanobuds on February 03, 2016, 07:53:42 PM
A majority of active modders these days are at SmashBoards, not KCMM. They just use the Vault to upload their work since its the oldest source for mods.

The forums here are like a desert compared to the Custom Content section of SmashBoards. Anyone coming from there has an equally valid opinion to those who stay here at KCMM.
Thank you for clarifying. So you basically brought your followers here to support your decision, labeling us as Sith Lords. I guess I might as well start behaving the way you painted us here, to not to leave a bad impression.

February 03, 2016, 08:01:06 PM #695 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:05:16 PM by Nanobuds
Quote from: Miacis on February 03, 2016, 07:57:46 PM
Which is why you needed to make a long post about how evil I am in your personal thread there before they would show their concern about this place.
Because no one actually visits these forums. They just use the Vault.

And you are missing the whole point of my post. Yeah, I used you to grab their attention because it was a [censored]ty thing to say, but the main topic of my post was about the silly rule update.

Stop manipulating the situation to make yourself look like the victim.

Quote from: Wolfric on February 03, 2016, 08:00:44 PM
Rules have not been touched since November 25, 2013. Our decision literally means we're not adjusting the rules to add Project M as an exception to them, not the opposite.

Nobody is asking the admins to add Project M as an exception to the rules. We're saying content that is stolen (or leaked, or whatever you want to call it) should have no place here on the Vault regardless of who the original creator was.

Quote from: Miacis on February 03, 2016, 07:50:22 PM
I see that the tried and true "flood the topic with P:M followers until no discussion becomes possible anymore" strategy is still going strong.

So, can we have the opinions from people that have actually been remotely active around here and actually read the arguments posited before, or should I just take a cup of coffee while the Nanobuds fans parot the same 4 lines?

Hi you can look at my vault and see my many entries, two whole pages. Does this make my opinion valid now? Don't play this silly game, you are losing face.

Quote from: Wolfric on February 03, 2016, 08:00:44 PM
So you basically brought your followers here to support your decision, labeling us as Sith Lords. I guess I might as well start behaving the way you painted us here, to not to leave a bad impression.
You're already the Anti-Christ though.

Quote from: Nanobuds on February 03, 2016, 08:01:06 PM
Because no one actually visits these forums. They just use the Vault.
And yet they [censored] all over this website they don't use in nearly every post they make? Including on SmashBoards?
You're killing me here.

Quote from: Nanobuds on February 03, 2016, 08:01:06 PM
And you are missing the whole point of my post. Yeah, I used you to grab their attention, but the main topic of my post was about the silly rule update.
Oh, I'm not missing anything. I was pretty much every day in the BV Staff room asking for possible compromises to help smooth things out for former PMDT devs. I was keeping discussions here and explaining our reasons because I believed a consensus could be reached.

The exact moment when you decided to make the conversation entirely one-way by bringing along your followers is the moment where I decided that it was not worth the effort, and that there was no discussion possible.

If you want to make this a popularity contest, you can do it on SmashBoards.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

i love how you admins are rolling around writhing like cornered animals as soon as people start coming for you directly. aren't you a bunch of cute little victims? You're the ones encouraging content theft, with the only defenses being "muh creative freedom" and "well it's a brawl mod so therefore everything's stolen lol." your arguments remind me of the kind of things angsty teenagers say to their parents (because they don't understand us *swoon*), and exemplify everything wrong with this website. you don't deserve any mercy. other than the woodland furry art in your avatar and the OC recolors you've submitted to the vault, you haven't made much worthwhile content, so you clearly don't know what it feels like to have your meaningful art desecrated
Quote from: HypnotizeScourge on February 03, 2016, 08:00:10 PM
Oh hey, this is an example of what I mentioned a few months back about the "big hot-shot names" around these boards and their attitudes? Which got shut down because no one likes to hear negative things about themselves.

You guys are the worst, literally. The fact of the matter is that, no matter how you slice it, people will uploading work not obtained by honest means. Especially considering the manner the content WAS released. Just because it's the same with "official" Smash content doesn't make it any better.

Allowing people the opportunity to upload content not officially released by the ex-PMDT BEFORE THEY THEMSELVES are able to decide if THEY want to is just really tacky. I mean, a lot of you folks are rather tacky but a small part of me thought there was a limit.

I'm repeating what's been said by most folks here because the "big hot-shot names" aren't quite getting it, nor do they care enough.
this post sums it up nicely. Hypnotize gets it, everyone new here gets it, and people who aren't posting just don't care anymore. this board isn't the center of the community anymore. for the most part, it's a cancerous playground for you tasteless individuals.

Quote from: Miacis on February 03, 2016, 08:09:22 PM
Oh, I'm not missing anything. I was pretty much every day in the BV Staff room asking for possible compromises to help smooth things out for former PMDT devs. I was keeping discussions here and explaining our reasons because I believed a consensus could be reached.

Rather than having this discussion in a public forum, is there any way we can have a private discussion between the BV staff and former-PMDT members?

That way, we can have a reasonable discussion to clear up any misunderstandings without the peanut gallery chiming in.

I feel like that would be the best way to get this sorted out in a civil manner and reach a compromise where both parties are happy.

Quote from: Miacis on February 03, 2016, 08:09:22 PM
Oh, I'm not missing anything. I was pretty much every day in the BV Staff room asking for possible compromises to help smooth things out for former PMDT devs. I was keeping discussions here and explaining our reasons because I believed a consensus could be reached.
And now you've got a demented furry thing for an avatar captioned "nyeh heh heh." It's quite telling.

Honestly people, I don't think the situation can be changed. They have the red names; their word is final. Even if literally everyone who posted on the vault ever (includes them) spoke out against the situation in regards to PM's leaked content, not a thing would change. What happens is entirely up to them.

Side note: these forums are kind of dark, dank, dusty, and outdated.

February 03, 2016, 08:28:20 PM #702 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:39:15 PM by Wolfric
After speaking with S.J.S. about the situation in a civil manner, I believe I have a better solution to our issue:

Submitting Knuckles, Lyndis or Isaac to the Vault has to be labelled as a "Pack" for all the PM files that would need to be included with them (Codes, cosmetics, etc). We can't allow Knuckles, Lyndis and Isaac because they don't follow this rule for Packs:

Quote from: Wolfric on September 21, 2012, 10:47:00 PM
Packs must include a README with credit to the submitters of all the included hacks and links to their Brawl Vault galleries (if they have one).
Knowing we can't allow these three, is it fine to allow textures/model edits of these? Sure, they'll have textures ready whenever someone ports them to regular slots (If ever), and they'd fall in the "Custom" category of the Vault. But why allow textures/edits and not the real thing?

I believe the best way to handle Lyndis/Knuckles/Isaac is to allow a thread (Project M Resources Thread) with the 3.61 Download Link, and the thread could be used for people to submit their mods of said PM version, be it textures, models, or whatever they decide. Nothing of this would be allowed on the Vault.

However, sadly, standalone models (Models that don't require files other than the 00.pac/.pcs files, Awakening Roy) would still fall under our rules of free to modify.

Quote from: Sandfall on February 03, 2016, 08:22:52 PM
Rather than having this discussion in a public forum, is there any way we can have a private discussion between the BV staff and former-PMDT members?

That way, we can have a reasonable discussion to clear up any misunderstandings without the peanut gallery chiming in.

I feel like that would be the best way to get this sorted out in a civil manner and reach a compromise where both parties are happy.
It would have been the best. But now we are in this situation thanks to your ex-fellow PMDT member Nanobuds. I don't really expect Miacis to be open to discussing this further after  Nanobuds' approach to the situation.

February 03, 2016, 08:29:58 PM #703 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:40:48 PM by Nanobuds
Quote from: Cynapse on February 03, 2016, 08:26:46 PM
And now you've got a demented furry thing for an avatar captioned "nyeh heh heh." It's quite telling.

No need for personal attacks, cut it out.


Quote from: Wolfric on February 03, 2016, 08:28:20 PM
After speaking with S.J.S. about the situation in a civil manner, I believe I have a better solution to our issue:

Submitting Knuckles, Lyndis or Isaac to the Vault has to be labelled as a "Pack" for all the PM files that would need to be included with them (Codes, cosmetics, etc). We can't allow Knuckles, Lyndis and Isaac because they don't follow this rule for Packs:
Knowing we can't allow these three, is it fine to allow textures/model edits of these? Sure, they'll have textures ready whenever someone ports them to regular slots (If ever), and they'd fall in the "Custom" category of the Vault. But why allow textures/edits and not the real thing?

I believe the best way to handle Lyndis/Knuckles/Isaac is to allow a thread (Project M Resources Thread) with the 3.61 Download Link, and the thread could be used for people to submit their mods of said PM version, be it textures, models, or whatever they decide. Nothing of this would be allowed on the Vault.

However, sadly, standalone models (Models that don't require files other than the 00.pac/.pcs files, Awakening Roy) would still fall under our rules of free to modify.

Still not ideal, but its better than nothing. I'm game.

February 03, 2016, 08:41:56 PM #704 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:45:41 PM by Segtendo
I haven't read this whole thing, but I heard it's about the extra characters from the leaked Project M build and them being uploaded to the Vault.

I mean, why upload what isn't your's?

Quote from: Cynapse on February 03, 2016, 08:26:46 PM
And now you've got a demented furry thing for an avatar captioned "nyeh heh heh." It's quite telling.
Is that how you fight arguments? By insulting avatars? That contributes nothing to the conversation. Grow up.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]