BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates

Started by Vyse, March 05, 2014, 02:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hello, i have a problem my most recent mod (named what if... pack) was erased, and i don`t know why, also i never recibe a message. what i can do?

February 25, 2017, 04:11:31 AM #796 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 04:15:30 AM by ɴᴇᴢʜᴀ
Quote from: Nevulus24 on February 24, 2017, 08:12:42 PM
Hello, i have a problem my most recent mod (named what if... pack) was erased, and i don`t know why, also i never recibe a message. what i can do?

Read the vault rules next time when submitting a mod, could had been deleted for not following the guideline. I mean, I believe thats the case. In that case, just reupload and make sure everything is in order.

----------------------------------------------------

I would like to report a glitch:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=213326



One of the puzzled on this collab is a fake puzzled, I try removing it myself, but it somehow adds both puzzled everytime. Can any red or purple star do something to make both puzzled separate entities?

We need a "tagging" system, there's so many mods they're hard to keep track of, we should be able to give them "tags" we can search for mods by, so if for example you only wanted to see mods related to the Kirby series in some way you'd search the "Kirby" tag. I feel like this would be helpful to everyone who uses the site.

April 02, 2017, 11:14:22 PM #798 Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:18:18 PM by windhunter7
I agree :)

Post Merge: April 02, 2017, 11:18:18 PM

P.S. we could actually have a system where really old hacks can have any user tag them; And certain tags, like "currently no download available" would be quite useful

Quote from: windhunter7 on April 02, 2017, 11:14:22 PM
P.S. we could actually have a system where really old hacks can have any user tag them; And certain tags, like "currently no download available" would be quite useful
I agree with the "any user can add" idea, though the "no download available" stuff is pretty much filtered out by reports anyway, thought it might be useful if you're looking for lost mods that you might have downloaded.

Well, the thing though about reports is that about 90% of them will be "No previews" which is super- easily fixable, so by having a separate tag for that, it would differentiate between the two, so you don't have to check what the report is every time.

I've also noticed that some users will report their own mods to mention a broken download, and a tag would work much better; in fact, I have one with a broken DL, but if there was a tag for it, I'd be so much happier, because then, in a few years from now, if any of them hypothetically have no more previews, when I'm restoring those previews, I can just browse my own vault via the "No preview" tag

P.S. we should have the option, as well, of being able to add non- existent tags, in case of new or original games (e.g. my Dragon Hero game)

Not sure if anyone's posted something like this, but I figured I'd post it in the feedback thread.

Have KC-MM's site operators considered the possibility of adding a "Sm4sh Vault" section? Specifically, something that's exactly like the Brawlvault, only pertaining to Sm4sh mods instead. I certainly think it would be a good idea, seeing as modding for the game has really been picking up traction as of late; I definitely prefer Brawlvault's functionality/organisation over sites like Gamebanana.

Yes, we've mentioned it, and unless I'm mistaken, I believe they're working on it now

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but Brawl Vault entries don't automatically create hyperlinks for links starting with "https"

See http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214967 for an example in the description.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Hey there.

Hate to bump this thread from almost two years of nothingness, but...

https://twitter.com/brawlbrstms/status/1161444560465211393

BrawlBRSTMs3 and Smash Custom Music are no more, which means a ton of my entries are gonna become broken. HOWEVER, I've been slowly working on backing everything up to my Dropbox account. Right now, it has everything I uploaded to the site, plus some stuff that didn't make it up there. I can provide a link so the restorers of the Vault can work on that. As for the YouTube links... that's another story.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


i didnt download the tracks to put into stages or menus, but rather just to play them in brawlbox while i worked on [censored]. i cannot say i wont miss the site. it provided me a library chock full of gaming industry history.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

thanks for sharing..................

Gentle reminder to all users that this thread exists.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


For entries, get rid of the dropdown for actions. Instead, I would recommend using a normal link for reporting and editing entries, no fancy images needed. The current dropdown hides actions from the user and makes it difficult to find without already knowing what you are doing.

I know this would be a harder thing to implement than I'm making it seem, I just feel that this would be a positive change to improving the user experience.
it's big brain time

That's how it was all the way back


I understand the concern in making actions easier to find and straightforward, but there were reasons for that implementation.

Quote from: Vyse on March 05, 2014, 02:43:19 AM
Actions that were once scattered about as buttons (reporting, adding portraits, etc.) are now located in the Actions dropdown.

The Actions dropdown contains all the actions you are allowed to perform related to that entry, e.g. reporting, adding an image, deleting, etc. This dropdown is not available to guests, and its contents will vary depending on your rights, what the owner(s) allow, etc.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]