Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: How to achieve the cBliss effect in BrawlEx  (Read 34868 times)
ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:47 PM »

(hope this isn't necroposting)

I started something called Project ReMi a while ago and referenced this tutorial for getting 10 costumes on every character.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69628.0
    (has the download)

When all is said and done though, the game CAN still freeze when the functioning skins are put to use and I have no idea why. The main instances where I've witnessed this was when I've been trying to play it with my friends. I'll be so certain that the game won't freeze in character select because I've tested every skin individually. However, we still get a soft freeze when we click on a stage.

I'm thinking theses etra skins being loaded simultaneously causes a freeze for an unknown reason. Is this method still too beta to allow for 10 costumes, or am I doing something wrong and it can be fied?
    This is the first I've heard of this. I've not had any issues with it at all either alone or with friends. Are you sure it's the costumes and not something else that's causing it?

Also, which version of BrawlEx are you using? Because I know that BrawlEx 2.0 is just unstable in general and freezes on 4 player matches.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 10:53:53 PM »

Aw man. I remember updating some of my files to BrawlE 2.0 but not all of them cuz some ended up causing the css lag. I MIGHT have kept common 3,  MenSelchrPos_TopN and MenSelchrPos_TopN__0. Could that be the cause?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 10:57:57 PM »

Aw man. I remember updating some of my files to BrawlE 2.0 but not all of them cuz some ended up causing the css lag. I MIGHT have kept common 3,  MenSelchrPos_TopN and MenSelchrPos_TopN__0. Could that be the cause?
    I find it likely, but I haven't updated to it myself because of its instability, so I can't know for sure. I think bx_fighter.rel is the file where most of the engine exists, so if you updated that file to 2.0, that may be the cause. I'm sure someone in the BrawlEx thread would know.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: July 29, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »

I find it likely, but I haven't updated to it myself because of its instability, so I can't know for sure. I think bx_fighter.rel is the file where most of the engine exists, so if you updated that file to 2.0, that may be the cause. I'm sure someone in the BrawlEx thread would know.

You know what? I think you're right. I never saw issues with changing the b_fighter.rel when playing by myself so I probably just left it ver. 2 and attributed any problems with friends to the costumes because I updated it loong back- the day it came out. I'll update on whether its the issue or not later.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »

UPDATE: I played with my friends yesterday after switching back to b_fighter.rel from v1.2.0.0. We played lots and had lots of fun. Eventually, we ran into a soft freeze but we had played enough so it was fine. I think it was an issue caused by incomplete files anyway. Either way, I think changing the files helped to make it so it wouldn't freeze every game- so THANKS.

One more thing you might be able to help me on tho. You see, one of my friends sucks at P:M lol. We need teams to work either wise he gets upset. The thing is: ever since I added tons of costumes, switching to team battle causes the CSS to go haywire. The RGB icons for teams go crazy. Its still possible to start a team game- but the CSS is VERY sensitive where if 2 players are choosing characters at the same time, the game can freeze AND cycling past Green Team while a character is selected causes a freeze.

I theorize that this is caused by the sc_selcharacter.pac being shoved to the brim with data considering there are 49 characters and thus about 490 different costumes. Free for all works fine though.

Any advice you can give??
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:16:19 PM by kanjaroo » Logged

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: August 04, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »

UPDATE: I played with my friends yesterday after switching back to b_fighter.rel from v1.2.0.0. We played lots and had lots of fun. Eventually, we ran into a soft freeze but we had played enough so it was fine. I think it was an issue caused by incomplete files anyway. Either way, I think changing the files helped to make it so it wouldn't freeze every game- so THANKS.

One more thing you might be able to help me on tho. You see, one of my friends sucks at P:M lol. We need teams to work either wise he gets upset. The thing is: ever since I added tons of costumes, switching to team battle causes the CSS to go haywire. The RGB icons for teams go crazy. Its still possible to start a team game- but the CSS is VERY sensitive where if 2 players are choosing characters at the same time, the game can freeze AND cycling past Green Team while a character is selected causes a freeze.

I theorize that this is caused by the sc_selcharacter.pac being shoved to the brim with data considering there are 49 characters and thus about 490 different costumes. Free for all works fine though.

Any advice you can give??
    Hmm, not sure. I haven't run into any problems with team battles, and I've got more characters with more costumes than that. If it's some kind of graphical glitch, it may just be a problem with sc_selcharacter.

P:M, you say? Are you using Project Ex? That may have something to do with it as well. I've only used BrawlEx with vanilla Brawl. I've been planning to switch to Project Ex but I haven't done so yet.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: August 04, 2014, 05:21:02 PM »

Hmm, not sure. I haven't run into any problems with team battles, and I've got more characters with more costumes than that. If it's some kind of graphical glitch, it may just be a problem with sc_selcharacter.

P:M, you say? Are you using Project Ex? That may have something to do with it as well. I've only used BrawlEx with vanilla Brawl. I've been planning to switch to Project Ex but I haven't done so yet.

I started working on this when the first dev beta for Project M Unbound came out. I started intensely moddinf the sd files they started with to make my own project, the Project ReMiX.

That being said, you do raise a valid point. The coding to make P:M compatable with BrawlE might have been causing a malfunction like this back when it was first released. I'm gonna try to update to their latest version whilst replacing the sc_selcharacter.pac and BrawlE folder. See if that works...

Also, how did you manage more characters and costumes? I've done LOTS of compression to allow for everything I have now and it was just enough for 3.78 mb.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: August 04, 2014, 05:22:32 PM »

I started working on this when the first dev beta for Project M Unbound came out. I started intensely moddinf the sd files they started with to make my own project, the Project ReMiX.

That being said, you do raise a valid point. The coding to make P:M compatable with BrawlE might have been causing a malfunction like this back when it was first released. I'm gonna try to update to their latest version whilst replacing the sc_selcharacter.pac and BrawlE folder. See if that works...

Also, how did you manage more characters and costumes? I've done LOTS of compression to allow for everything I have now and it was just enough for 3.78 mb.
    I resized my CSPs from the usual 128 x 160 down to 100 x 125. They show up the same size in-game no matter what and there's not too much in quality, and it helps to free up room for more.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: August 04, 2014, 05:26:44 PM »

I resized my CSPs from the usual 128 x 160 down to 100 x 125. They show up the same size in-game no matter what and there's not too much in quality, and it helps to free up room for more.

Now that's an interesting idea. I didn't wanna do that to, like you said, preserve quality. I'll try that. How much space do you think you freed up?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: August 04, 2014, 05:29:09 PM »

Now that's an interesting idea. I didn't wanna do that to, like you said, preserve quality. I'll try that. How much space do you think you freed up?
    Hard to say, but I'm up to 58 characters all with cBliss and still have room for more.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: August 04, 2014, 05:31:52 PM »

Hard to say, but I'm up to 58 characters all with cBliss and still have room for more.

Hmmm well that is a lot still. Thanks for all the help. I'm not gonna bother u anymore lol. Your thread can now die in peace.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: September 04, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »

I want to add costumes to Link, without messing up the order of the default costumes, and not changing the 'default' as green team.

What it shows by default:

03 00 | 00 01 | 01 03 | 09 05 | 02 06 | 08 04 | 0C

What I changed it to:

03 00 | 00 01 | 01 03 | 09 05 | 02 06 | 08 04 | 07 07 | 08 08 | 0C

Also, I would like to add all costumes to Link (I'm dropping Samus, who is next in line, so I can), how would I do this?
    As far as I know, even if you dropped a character (although I think you could just give them new cosmetic IDs), you still can't add more than 12 costumes since that's how many are available to check in the Fighter Config. In any case, you add them just the same as you would other costumes. Check their number in the Fighter Config, and add them to the CSSSlot Config. 10 and 11 in the Fighter Config will be in hex when added to the CSSSlotConfig, so you'd use 0A and 0B for those. Other than that, it's no different from the normal costumes.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: September 07, 2014, 06:39:31 PM »

I have been trying to give Peach 10 costume slots, giving G&W 6 slots and reduce Wario's slots to 6, but I am stuck with the Hex editing... Which Hex editor is used in this tutorial?

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: September 07, 2014, 06:41:59 PM »

I have been trying to give Peach 10 costume slots, giving G&W 6 slots and reduce Wario's slots to 6, but I am stuck with the Hex editing... Which Hex editor is used in this tutorial?

Any Hex editor should work just fine. You could just Google it and you'd come up with plenty of results, but the one used here is Hex Fiend. I'm on Mac, so I'm not sure if there's a Windows version of that app or not.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: September 07, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »

What is odd is that Peach's hex file is so much different than Mario's that I do not know where to start editing... I cannot find it neither in Wario's file nor on G&W's...

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6
    Print
    Jump to: