Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: [8/1/14] The New File Research Thread | New video series on SSE files!  (Read 51631 times)
SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #30 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32:32 AM »

do you have any clue how to change the character thats plays in new stage? would love to change example to jigglypuff :w:

surprise surprise XD

nice job on this Sammi. Cant wait to see what else can be edited.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 06:41:44 PM »

Sweet! I found a few kind of important files today. The first one is pretty nice, It controls the hitboxes attached to stage hazards! So far, only 2 of the values have been scienced as i like to call it. Though the first two are pretty important. GMTA is the file that controls these.

The next being buttons. These are also really importatnt. Since buttons are used to trigger multiple events, i assume there may be something in the data for them that links 2 objects together. If so, this is one of the essential files for designing new stages. This file is the GMWA file!

Aside from those 2 files, i've also added quite a few new files to the OP under "Files that need parsing" I'll probably make a video tutorial pretty soon to show my general workflow when looking for structures within files. I'll also link a few useful web articles, though those articles will be pretty intense. In any case, i already know the purpose of the files that i added, but values haven't been scienced

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: May 01, 2014, 06:43:34 PM »

Please post information and videos so we can help you science.

Also, very nice work. You're doing fantastic!

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: May 01, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »

MiscData [5] appears to not exist in normal stages...
    Can you add a note to the topic title to SSE Stage Hitboxes?
    The current title is very, very misleading.

Anyway, the best way to check is to get the base damage of the projectile by checking it in game.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: May 02, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »

something I cant wait is until we can make Versus stages of SSE's stage engine! meaning we can have enemies, Activate buttons, stage hazards while battling eachother!

Stupid Tinypic :C

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: May 02, 2014, 03:37:33 PM »

Well well, so much done in so little time. I guess the easiest way to sum this up would be to say i can pretty much add any stage features from any other stage to basically anywhere else!

I've pretty much mapped the GMOT and GMOV files, which represent these game tasks respectively

GMOT = grAdventureMotionGround
    GMOV = grAdventureMoveGround

Closer and closer, soon i will be able to start working on an editor for these files hehe. I'll update the OP with more information after i find some more useful values in the files.

<a href="http://youtu.be/jbW3r-WALX0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/jbW3r-WALX0</a>

EDIT: I've confirmed that you can actually ADD new stages to SSE without modifying or replacing any. I can tell the game to load a file that normally doesn't exist at all, and it will load perfectly Smiley
    « Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:16:29 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »

wow! thats excellent news! keep it up Cheesy

cant wait to test this thing out >w<

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 05:57:40 PM »

While this is amazing, I can't help but feel that having to design SSE stages around everyone limits what you can do because the more challenging level designs that would be interesting can't accommodate everyone.

To make it doable with everybody, you'll end up having to design it around the slow characters that can't jump(IE Bowser, Ganondorf), which will make the overall design too easy for the rest of the cast....

The fact that the SSE attributes makes everyone's jumping ability and mobility worse is no help either.

Sad

At the very least with this info, Minus and PM(Much later down the line) can adjust level designs around the changes to the characters and physics. It's just too bad that it's so difficult to make platforming challenges that aren't a bore for the fast and higher jumping characters like VBrawl's SSE.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 08:01:44 PM »

EDIT: I've confirmed that you can actually ADD new stages to SSE without modifying or replacing any. I can tell the game to load a file that normally doesn't exist at all, and it will load perfectly Smiley

Terminal hype velocity achieved.

Speaking of things, do you think it would be possible to not activate a flag to use SSE attributes using either actual files or ASM codes? Hmm.

Anyways, SSE editing is another one of those things I never thought I'd see, just like the Clone Engine, haha. I'm watching and waiting eagerly!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 08:09:55 AM »

so
    dont know if this has been asked before
    but will it ever be possible to have a 4 player brawl in a customized SSE, and maybe having a boss in the background attack the 4 brawlers
    kinda like stage hazards?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 09:49:05 AM »

so
    dont know if this has been asked before
    but will it ever be possible to have a 4 player brawl in a customized SSE, and maybe having a boss in the background attack the 4 brawlers
    kinda like stage hazards?
    well, it is possible to have 4 Player (the Yoshi-Link + Pit-Mario fight example)
    but making it accept to be 4 playable characters might be a diffirent story

but using a SSE Stage Engine as a stage might work, but it will probely require huge work!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: May 03, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »

it would probably require modifyng the AI of bosses to attack more than one player
    as well as keeping the same brawl rules during the event
    who knows with all this new research on SSE we might get a close replication

it might be easier to import stage hitboxes into existing stages
    rather than import brawl rules into SSE stages
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:04:36 PM by Don Jon BravoEX » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 01:31:15 PM »

While this is amazing, I can't help but feel that having to design SSE stages around everyone limits what you can do because the more challenging level designs that would be interesting can't accommodate everyone.

Unfortunately yes, i see what you mean Sad  Though i think just the ability to build custom levels in an easy streamlined interface (eventually) will draw alot of attention for people who just like the challenge Smiley

Speaking of things, do you think it would be possible to not activate a flag to use SSE attributes using either actual files or ASM codes? Hmm.

Im not entirely sure, it could be anything ranging from a simple pointer(s) to a place in memory after the game fixes the offsets, or it could be an entire asm routine that is responsible for loading the attributes..Though it's definitely possible, just out of my reach sadly

it might be easier to import stage hitboxes into existing stages
    rather than import brawl rules into SSE stages

In all honesty, from the looks of it that may be the easiest route. Unless it's possible to make SSE stages with 4 fighters, with those fighters able to be controlled :/

In any case, i've updated the OP with information on GMOT and GMOV files, which allow basically all special and interesting stage objects to be placed into other stages. Basically any object that moves in SSE besides enemies use these, and it's also how i managed that last video. I've also added the last bit of info for the ADSJ file that was needed to link stages!

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »

speaking of which, the importing SSE stuff to a brawl stage might work! we just make the module load that file aswell! unless it requires some extra more information!
    I can try to test load it in a module!

but example if I want to do a stage that has Hitboxes, what does it need?

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: May 03, 2014, 03:41:02 PM »

Unfortunately yes, i see what you mean Sad  Though i think just the ability to build custom levels in an easy streamlined interface (eventually) will draw alot of attention for people who just like the challenge Smiley

Im not entirely sure, it could be anything ranging from a simple pointer(s) to a place in memory after the game fixes the offsets, or it could be an entire asm routine that is responsible for loading the attributes..Though it's definitely possible, just out of my reach sadly

In all honesty, from the looks of it that may be the easiest route. Unless it's possible to make SSE stages with 4 fighters, with those fighters able to be controlled :/

In any case, i've updated the OP with information on GMOT and GMOV files, which allow basically all special and interesting stage objects to be placed into other stages. Basically any object that moves in SSE besides enemies use these, and it's also how i managed that last video. I've also added the last bit of info for the ADSJ file that was needed to link stages!

so tis might be possible n the future?
    in regular brawl stages?
    <a href="http://youtu.be/MvowEarWWtY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/MvowEarWWtY</a>

@pikass
    we would probably need animations
    and some type of timely hazards?

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8
    Print
    Jump to: