Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: [8/1/14] The New File Research Thread | New video series on SSE files!  (Read 51169 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: May 05, 2014, 11:31:43 PM »

speaking of which, the importing SSE stuff to a brawl stage might work! we just make the module load that file aswell! unless it requires some extra more information!
    I can try to test load it in a module!

but example if I want to do a stage that has Hitboxes, what does it need?

The problem is that i have NO idea how modules work so i don't really know what to tell you to do Sad The files that are loaded are loaded from inside BLOC archives, something the normal modules aren't able to recognize normally..i have a feeling that the modules would need to be modified alot in order for this to work, but hey who knows maybe im just over thinking it.

If you can add, for example, the methods for grAdventureMove4Ground then we could maybe do it, but i feel like we need to add the method for loading the BLOC archives in order to even have it look in them for the GMOV file. and i don't really know what method is responsible for loading up the BLOC file

EDIT: Btw, im beginning the implementation of these files into BBox, so whenever the new BBox comes out it will support these files

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:41:14 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: May 05, 2014, 11:59:07 PM »

a stage module the files by either FileIndex (for ModelData) or Type ID, so if we could figure out what BLOC's Type ID is, we could try to add it in a Module to make everything load at minimal work!

but thats if it only need to load BLOC to work which I believe its the case, in worse scenario we have to add the GDOR, GMOV, GET1 (and ect) Type ID to be load aswell in the module!

but in the utter worse, if they really are seperate (the SSE and Versus mode) so you cant accest to SSE stuff in Versus in Sora_Melee, we need to add that information too :/

Stupid Tinypic :C

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: May 06, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »

Well, uh, BJ isn't making any more Brawlboxes. So feel free to release whenever.

Also, don't forget that Dolphin has a Debug mode where you can watch things get loaded in real-time. Maybe you can see what loads what there?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: May 10, 2014, 10:35:14 PM »

So i know this totally isn't SSE related, however this is STILL a file i edited and this IS 'The New File Research Thread'..... Apparently i can control on a per character basis what Dimension the fighter fights on...

<a href="http://youtu.be/vX8AwgEGUqg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/vX8AwgEGUqg</a>

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: May 10, 2014, 11:01:37 PM »

Hey Sammi, I must say I'm very impressed with your work on SSE files. Grin I don't recall anyone getting as far as you. What I'm still waiting for though is a way to view/edit data in Boss moveset files.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: May 10, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »

so yea the fighters individual modules have constants too~ thats where i found this. So far for mario i got

==Mario==
    *all offsets relative to beginning of section[4]*

0x18 - Vertical momentum gained on FLUDD
    0x28 - Vertical momentum gained on cape hitting foe?
    0x44 - Z axis random of FLUDD water
    0x5C - Y axis starting position of FLUDD water
    0x78 - Divisor of FLUDD strength
    0x80 - Z Rotation of water segments?
    0x84 - Y Rotation of water segments?

Yea there are article related constants that aren't in the fighter .pac, which is good. because it opens a doorway to more interesting character edits.

(btw this is only 7/40 of his floats!)
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:26:41 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: May 11, 2014, 02:51:40 AM »

so yea the fighters individual modules have constants too~ thats where i found this. So far for mario i got

==Mario==
    *all offsets relative to beginning of section[4]*

0x18 - Vertical momentum gained on FLUDD
    0x28 - Vertical momentum gained on cape hitting foe?
    0x44 - Z axis random of FLUDD water
    0x5C - Y axis starting position of FLUDD water
    0x78 - Divisor of FLUDD strength
    0x80 - Z Rotation of water segments?
    0x84 - Y Rotation of water segments?

Yea there are article related constants that aren't in the fighter .pac, which is good. because it opens a doorway to more interesting character edits.

(btw this is only 7/40 of his floats!)
    thats actually quite old <w<

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: May 11, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »

thats actually quite old <w<

I know the knowledge OF the section[4] is old, but i don't think anybody actually took the time to see what they do for each characacter Tongue

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: May 11, 2014, 12:04:42 PM »

I know the knowledge OF the section[4] is old, but i don't think anybody actually took the time to see what they do for each characacter Tongue
    its quite easy to see that too, but the funny thing is that some constants is used twice or more  by other things! did expremient about that too years ago, got a constant spinning with huge wind to the left! and all the G&W turned yellow!

you can see how what is used by what in brawlbox ;3

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: May 11, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »

Indeed! thats what im doing, just opening them in BBox to see the values, finding them loaded in memory with dolphin and editing the values in realtime! that way i can see what does what alot faster :3

All the notable things i figure out will be going on the OpenSA wiki. What im really interested in is the fact that alot of the ones i've found so far have to do with articles, and whats more is that these values aren't in the fighter .pac which means there may be more we can do to certain articles then we know Tongue

Then some of the values do crazy things like change what dimension the fighter is behaving on, like in that video, or change what direction gravity acts on for that character.
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:53:14 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: May 12, 2014, 05:15:38 PM »

You should keep notes on file/memory offsets for all this stuff!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: May 12, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »

You should keep notes on file/memory offsets for all this stuff!

Indeed! i've been updating the wiki with the info i've found and keeping a local record of things i've found. (i think my account is called '3x' there idk)

When i add them to the wiki i've been specifying file offsets in both absolute to the beginning of the module, and relative offsets starting at section[4]'s offset inside the particular file.

The only reason i didn't record memory offsets is that depending on what mode your in, the offset changes of course. In training mode the memory offset is completely different then that of in normal brawl mode. In any case, i suppose i can add memory offsets as it would make it easier for others to test and contribute. Tongue

Fox's is really really small, but here is what i have for the people in this thread.

==Fox==
    0x00 - 10
    0x04 - 1
    0x08 - 0 Weird stuff, see earlier video
    0x0C - 20
    0x10 - -1
    0x14 - 0
    0x18 - 1 - Aerial fox illusion power multiplier. 3 = insta-death
    0x1C - 0

but it seems that other then articles, some characters have *general power* multipliers or something that multiplies the knockback, hitlag, damage etc of almost all hitboxes the character possesses. (wario is an example of this multiplier dealio).

In regards to that strange effect i achieved in that video, it seems that the values in section[4] at 0x00-0x0C are (almost)always the same between modules, and the third value is the one that causes those strange shenanigans
    « Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:20:54 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: May 13, 2014, 03:54:22 PM »

If you specific a memory offset, add something like "vBrawl P1 training mode" to let people know how you got them. Those should be the pretty constant.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: May 16, 2014, 11:16:07 PM »

If you specific a memory offset, add something like "vBrawl P1 training mode" to let people know how you got them. Those should be the pretty constant.

For now i've just been adding the memory range for p1 vBrawl training mode. I'll probably specify specific memory offsets at a later date, im much more interested in discovering what they do right now then getting specific memory offsets Smiley

In any case, i updated the OP with info for GBLK (breakable blocks) and will probably start up on either buttons or the "punch sliders" as Brawl calls them. The uh..slidey things in SSE that you hit and then they move along the track and break stuff. Or maybe canons...or the cart tracks..idk which i will do first..

Oh also, for anyone interested, I've begun implenting almost all of these files into BBox. (not editable, just viewable and exportable). You can find the latest source for BBox here if people wanna export and view these things in hex editors

https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools

EDIT:
    Oh ho ho, i believe i found something like...event ID's in the files.. Seems GET1 files dictate events that call other files. For example, GNDV causes the clouds collapsing animation to play and all that jazz in skyworld, however removing GET1 causes the GNDV files to never activate, and the forced camera scroll doesn't activate either.

Upon further research, i noticed there are these ID's in GET1 that seem to match up with the GNDV Unknown values.

This has HUGE implications. It explains how buttons work, it explains how step activated events occur, and it explains how when certain item blocks are hit, events occur. SWEET. This is definitely a good find Smiley
    « Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:45:24 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: May 19, 2014, 02:04:25 AM »

You probably know this, but ADPM parameters are very similar to STPM parameters. (Normal Brawl stages use STPM for pause-camera and shadow direction among other things.)

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
    Print
    Jump to: