Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: Project M Codes  (Read 53079 times)
Rosetta-Hime
Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 01:46:13 PM »

Yes! Now I can get rid of PM and go back to vBrawl! Yes, I only liked it because of Turbo Mode.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 03:16:25 PM »

I was going to say "inb4 pm developers yelling at this thread" but it happened before I commented it lol
    ^This, you totally said my mind, but I didn't want to be that guy who starts an argument...
    *Peaceful person ahead*

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 04:10:50 PM »

Sigh....none of the above people actually told you to release our work. Its kinda annoying that you continue to do this even after my response to you last time.

Almost like you have no respect and just want internet points without spending effort. You have no idea who made the codes, how they work, or anything, and your credits are just a wild guess, so you listed all the people in Project M that typically make ASM codes.

Good job.

Lol I thought you would be the first to comment.

I do not need permission to release something from a mod. You and PMBR do not own brawl. You cannot claim ownership for something like this. I respect you guys for having such knowledge for these great things. I, and others, however, would like to enjoy them without using PM.

And yes, I just put the people who tend to make codes as the creditors because I have no known way of getting the actual authors.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »

I don't own Brawl, but I do own my own work, and that includes assembly code injections.

If you have no respect for the time I put into MAKING this thing you apparently enjoy, then that says a lot about you, as without me, Turbo mode would not exist. I put a lot of time MAKING this, and handed it off to other members of the team that made numerous adjustments, a few of which you actually are missing here.

Sure, I can't sue you or take legal action against you, but it is fairly frustrating to have someone that is apparently a fan of your work repeatedly disrespect your wishes for said work.

Lets see you make anything, without referencing OpenSA, KC-MM, or digging into Project M's files. Lets see you make something without BrawlBox, without PW's module editor.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »

To be honest, it's rather hard to defend the decision of keeping awesome codes like that locked to a very less-moddable version of Brawl. If there's a way to let any Brawl user enjoy it without having to use the oversized and uncustomizable P:M codeset, then please, fire away.

Plus, it's not like those codes are in a secret yet-to-be released WIP. P:M is out there, and their marketing department has made sure to make its presence known across social networks and these newfangled steaming websites. Anyone has an easy access to the whole codeset.
    If the ones who made those codes can't be bothered to extract them from the P:M codeset mess, I gladly encourage everyone to give them a go.

These complaints might have been somewhat justified in the previous context, because it could have somewhat hurt P:M's success (spoiler, it didn't). But by now, you're honestly acting more like a jerk than anything else, Dantarion.
    Understand that one can respect your work yet find what you do with it extremely disagreeable, as is my case.

Now the big question is: will we see a new post on the P:M blog telling us how these codes turn your Wii into an eldritch abomination if used outside of P:M? Stay tuned to find out.
    « Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:15:27 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »

I don't own Brawl, but I do own my own work, and that includes assembly code injections.

If you have no respect for the time I put into MAKING this thing you apparently enjoy, then that says a lot about you, as without me, Turbo mode would not exist. I put a lot of time MAKING this, and handed it off to other members of the team that made numerous adjustments, a few of which you actually are missing here.

Sure, I can't sue you or take legal action against you, but it is fairly frustrating to have someone that is apparently a fan of your work repeatedly disrespect your wishes for said work.

Lets see you make anything, without referencing OpenSA, KC-MM, or digging into Project M's files. Lets see you make something without BrawlBox, without PW's module editor.

Obviously I couldn't make anything without the tools. It would be possible, but probably not for me. It's like being given a bike with no seat or wheels and being told to ride it for a mile but would be hard but possible.

Now the big question is: will we see a new blog on the P:M blog telling us how these codes turn your Wii into an eldricht abomination if used outside of P:M? Stay tuned to find out.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see that

Quotes:

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker Hot Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »

Don't worry anyone these codes codes won't hurt your wii or smash bros game. I am also one of the people who completely deciphered project m's code set. This codes are 100% accurate.

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 11:21:02 PM »

You realize that memory corruption can actually brick your wii and those CE codes actually did cause tons of random freezes for PMBR members that took months to debug and fix? Fortunetly, the ones that were posted here only corrupted gamesaves at certain moments, but Brawl can actually end up writing to bad places in the Wii's NAND, as it uses it to cache files, but I guess no one cares about that and just wanted to play around with the clone engine.

I'm not being an [censored]. Have fun with Turbo mode, its "Project M" and if your'e going to post my codes, at least post what they actually do to the game.

Also, its nice that KCMM is forcing SonicBrawler to post credits when he posts stuff, but if youre going to post my name attached to my work, I'm going to comment every single time.

No one even asked me about this, its actually almost 1 year since I made the turbo code, I would have loved to release it, along with an explanation for PSA makers on how to ensure certain types of moves are or aren't cancelable. Theres actually some stuff in Project M that prevents certain infinites Tongue

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 11:27:41 PM »

Don't worry anyone these codes codes won't hurt your wii or smash bros game. I am also one of the people who completely deciphered project m's code set. This codes are 100% accurate.

I have a question about Turbo mode.

I tried the codes Sonic Brawler put in, and they work like a charm... bu it freezes a lot. 6 times on me actually in one night. Sometimes with Clones, sometimes with all original characters in the match without even an alternate model or modified PSA.

I simply don't know what's wrong. Since you deciphered the code, would you happen to know what it might conflict with? Or perhaps if what Sonic Brawler posted was actually complete?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker Hot Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 11:29:57 PM »

I have a question about Turbo mode.

I tried the codes Sonic Brawler put in, and they work like a charm... bu it freezes a lot. 6 times on me actually in one night. Sometimes with Clones, sometimes with all original characters in the match without even an alternate model or modified PSA.

I simply don't know what's wrong. Since you deciphered the code, would you happen to know what it might conflict with? Or perhaps if what Sonic Brawler posted was actually complete?
    I'll send you a PM.

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 11:30:40 PM »

Me and sonic brawler both decoded the gct and i tryed turbo mode with normal brawl and with brawl ex and it workers fine for me

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 11:40:20 PM »

By decoded do you mean you separated the GCT into codes or that you read the codes and understand what they do?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 04:16:18 AM »

No one even asked me about this, its actually almost 1 year since I made the turbo code, I would have loved to release it, along with an explanation for PSA makers on how to ensure certain types of moves are or aren't cancelable. Theres actually some stuff in Project M that prevents certain infinites Tongue
    Several of the P:M developers released codes they've worked on without even being asked.
    As I've said before, on the CE thread:

If you think you can do a better release and it troubles you to see someone else release your work, then by all means, make that thread and blow us out of the water. I'll gladly lock this thread if the actual maker of the code goes on and makes his own, with more information than this one.

That is really the only thing you can do right now if you want to actually change this situation. Whining here about SonicBrawler isn't.

I'm not being an [censored].
    You keep popping up in these threads throwing bricks at SonicBrawler, trying to prove he didn't make those codes, doesn't understand them, which proves you're quite much better than him.
    Last time, you came here and basically called the whole KCMM community incompetent. When you tried to actually be helpful and then nothing came out of it because you didn't distribute the appropriate tools for other people to imitate what you had done, you once again called for incompetence.
    You also willingly locked the whole KCMM community out of OpenSA in a childish attempt to prove that SonicBrawler is a Bad Person. When I took the time to contact you to settle that matter rationally, you properly made it clear that you wanted to ignore me.

You're right, you've gone way past [censored] by this point. Just because you make some assembly-level coding certainly doesn't place you on a pedestral above anyone else. Nobody gives a [censored] if SonicBrawler actually understands what each of those lines of codes does. The fact of the matter is that he took the time to extract them from the P:M codeset and you didn't.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 04:24:58 AM »

but what about we ask you now? ;w; would you release it? Turbo Mode is the best mode!
    that way, it would not brick anyones wiis if the code here has a small chance to do so and as Miacis said post above

Stupid Tinypic :C

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 04:30:11 AM »

You realize that memory corruption can actually brick your wii and those CE codes actually did cause tons of random freezes for PMBR members that took months to debug and fix? Fortunetly, the ones that were posted here only corrupted gamesaves at certain moments, but Brawl can actually end up writing to bad places in the Wii's NAND, as it uses it to cache files, but I guess no one cares about that and just wanted to play around with the clone engine.

Yeah. I know. And if you haven't noticed, that broken CE isn't in this thread so you have no reason to bring it up. It's like going to a thread about Mario and saying that Sharks kill people. And if these codes could hurt he wii, why are they part of PM?

By decoded do you mean you separated the GCT into codes or that you read the codes and understand what they do?

First one. Tho I'm not going to exactly say how because others would do it and we wouldn't want that, now would we?

And you are the only one whose flipping tables over this thread. I don't see anyone else from the PMBR whose giving a crap about this thread so I don't see why you should.

Quotes:

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
    Print
    Jump to: