BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Sirkura on December 12, 2015, 12:01:00 AM
I wanted to ask. lately i've been using BB's code editor. Does it have a limit to what it can remember? for instance i can remember all codes in PM and open the GCT, and it still shows unknown codes even when its documented. and saving that file as a GCT seems to break some codes. its been strange. this happen to anyone else?

*ps. i also believe BB should read those codes from an external file somewhere that you can edit in a txt manager. it would be a lot easier.

How about "Options" > "Load codes to remember from file"? Seems to work for me.

January 07, 2016, 03:11:03 PM #871 Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:25:47 AM by sluigi123
I'm quite curious on what the SCLA is in each stage PAC file for. My guess is partially model spawning of some sorts.
As for the Camera Parameters (STPM), I'm trying to figure out what the unknown values are for. I kind of know some of them already. (These are not 100% confirmed)

Values 18 & 19: Act as some sort of multiplier for the camera's translation speed for X and Y respectively.
Values 20, 21, 22, & 23: It can't be all 4 of them, but (it has been about 2 years since I last checked them) 2 of the 4 has to be related with CamLimit0N and CamLimit0E as if it's a multiplier; possibly a translation restriction.

Hi, I have a quick question. Is there a help thread for this program? I need a tutorial and help on editing textures and models in this, but am having trouble finding one. ( if needed, I am trying to do the Seprioth PSA that is ranked the second highest marth hack)

Quote from: zoroarkrules25 on January 08, 2016, 06:28:17 AM
Hi, I have a quick question. Is there a help thread for this program? I need a tutorial and help on editing textures and models in this, but am having trouble finding one. ( if needed, I am trying to do the Seprioth PSA that is ranked the second highest marth hack)

For the psa its self you don't really need brawl box. however if you have images you want to add to the CSS (Character Select Screen) its pretty simple to do. 

first you need a CSS to start with, most big mods come with their own, or you can easily find one on BV. the CSS file is called the "sc_selchar.pac" this can be in 2 different locations depending on the mod.

SD/Private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/menu2/sc_selchar.pac
or
SD/Private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/common/common5.pac

Your mod should only use one of those or the game will crash, (never use both at once)

start brawlbox and open up the sc_selchar/common5 (common5 will have the sc_selchar in it along with 2 other files, but it will be the same process in both) then it depends on what image you want to replace.

for icon and names you want to go to MiscData[70]
for CSPs you go to char_bust_tex_lz77

then you simply look for marth's files and replace them with the images you want. i recomend CSP's be imported as CMPR.

Make sure the images are the same size as the originals. or you could risk a broken image and crash the game, or it may go over the file size limits.


if you still need more help on it, there are several tutorials around in the tutorial and help sections, i recommend looking there.

It's best to just use the sc_selcharacter.pac and ditch the common5.pac, as they basically the same file, except the common5.pac includes the animation files for Charizard and I believe Squirtle. Heck, you should use the common5.pac Project M used, as it nulls the file itself to allow Charizard's and Squirtle's animation files to be read directly from their character folders. It will also decrease the loading time.

While I'm on this subject, also use the common.pac and common4 .pac files from Project M as well, as those will also allow the animation files of Ivysaur, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Bowser, and Giga Bowser to be directly read from their character folders, alongside further decreasing load time.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 10, 2016, 03:08:07 PM
It's best to just use the sc_selcharacter.pac and ditch the common5.pac, as they basically the same file, except the common5.pac includes the animation files for Charizard and I believe Squirtle. Heck, you should use the common5.pac Project M used, as it nulls the file itself to allow Charizard's and Squirtle's animation files to be read directly from their character folders. It will also decrease the loading time.

While I'm on this subject, also use the common.pac and common4 .pac files from Project M as well, as those will also allow the animation files of Ivysaur, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Bowser, and Giga Bowser to be directly read from their character folders, alongside further decreasing load time.

I never thought about loading times, i'll have to try that out :o i know by default the FPC reads menu2 and other external files first, the common1, 4, and 5 are really only needed for riivo or direct USB replacement, otherwise the game skips over them when loading files in live time. tho i think another benifit to using sc_selchar or external files is the ability to hotswap while you test.

extrernally you can swap files, exit out of the screen and re-enter it to show updated changes. common5 i believe does not, since it loads once at start up. Personally i agree with KJP, its a lot more convienient to skip the common files.

An annoying glitch in BrawlBox v0.76b's Collision Editor:
Unchecking an individual poly checkbox does not make it disappear in the preview. It should disappear when unchecked.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

What is the optimal Collada version to be using when importing on 0.76b? I'm using Maya 2015 to export my models and they're breaking when I import into BrawlBox and I'm assuming it's just the wrong version of Collada.

(Mine's using 1.4.1)

1.4.1 and 1.5 versions of collada works fine for BB... i just think maya's collada isnt compatible with BB
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I've used it before without any trouble, this is just a recent problem. I used to import custom track models for Mario Kart Wii with this method. Perhaps I'll have to go get COLLADAMaya and see if that works.

To be fair the BB is to buggy for now!

Can you add the ability to rig bones to polygons if it's possible, cuz 3ds max crashes my computer and i don't know how to use it.

Quote from: Lucoshi on February 19, 2016, 10:01:51 PM
To be fair the BB is to buggy for now!
How would you of all people know, anyway BB clearly takes time to develop and the developers do this for free, so we're lucky.

Quote from: kalebsanders007 on February 28, 2016, 12:47:22 AM
Can you add the ability to rig bones to polygons if it's possible, cuz 3ds max crashes my computer and i don't know how to use it.
Try blender, I'm sure it works. There should be plenty tutorials on the "Import Tutorials" section.

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on February 28, 2016, 11:03:35 AM
Try blender, I'm sure it works. There should be plenty tutorials on the "Import Tutorials" section.

I have proof that it works; just look at my Vault. ;)

In fact, I have a WIP Blender importing tutorial in that board.

I need help. I'm doing a model import request, importing two types of shoes, but because of a bug with it, I had to re-UV the whole thing, and didn't want to re-UV the whole other shoe type as well, so I vertexed it in Blender, then imported both into BrawlBox, and vertexed them to the right spots, which took a really, really, long time; so I'm using Mewtwo2000's UV editing program, but I don't know what the numbers represent. What I'm talking about are the numbers if you go to "UVs" under the MDL0, select a UV, and then expand "Points". Could somebody help, please? :'(