Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635801 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #975 on: February 26, 2017, 10:31:42 AM »

No, I meant see if you can do what you were attempting to do with Fox, but with Link's model(Specifically, the two polygons that I mentioned), and see if it's a Fox thing, or if it's your Blender settings

PlayingGames97
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #976 on: February 26, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »

No, I meant see if you can do what you were attempting to do with Fox, but with Link's model(Specifically, the two polygons that I mentioned), and see if it's a Fox thing, or if it's your Blender settings

Ok, gotcha. It's not just a Wolf thing, didn't work for Link either.

Also, just to clarify: Like with Wolf, the UVs are there and mapped, but the textures just aren't visible in Blender, so I have no idea if it'll display in SFM eventually

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:59:31 AM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #977 on: February 26, 2017, 12:04:00 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think it's a Blender thing that the textures won't appear; I really dunno, though. Have you tested to see if they will display properly in SFM?

PlayingGames97
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #978 on: February 26, 2017, 12:15:53 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think it's a Blender thing that the textures won't appear; I really dunno, though. Have you tested to see if they will display properly in SFM?
    Not yet, I've been a bit busy with IRL stuff and I've yet to create the VMT and VTF files for it, but I'll get back to you when I've made them and checked out if they'll have worked or not.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #979 on: February 27, 2017, 04:44:58 PM »

I know I'm late, but holy [censored]. BrawlBox is still alive and kicking.

And now I fade into obscurity.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #980 on: March 01, 2017, 02:23:12 PM »

This happens when I import some of the Pokémon XY Models into Brawlbox. Is there a way to fix this?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 02:24:38 PM by E-scope12 » Logged

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

Platinum Lucario
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #981 on: March 06, 2017, 06:22:22 AM »

I have bug to report on BrawlBox. It has not been fixed in 0.78 RC1 either.

The BFSTM framework for BrawlBox is not developed properly. Whenever you play a BFSTM in BrawlBox, there is always a clicking noise in the stream. Do you want to know what causes it? It's because it's using an incorrect hex value to indicate on moving to the next sample. So what happens is the next sample that is played is using an extra byte in playing back, but at the same time, missing the end of the sample that is supposed to be played as a sound sample.

It may sound like there's a clicking noise every 0.5 seconds, but that's because it plays too quickly for it to be heard until 0.5 seconds later. But what really is happening, is it's playing a clicking noise on every single sample in the stream.

Next up, multiple streams in BCSTM are not supported in BrawlBox yet, therefore bringing up an error saying that multi-stream files are not supported. But in reality, it's actually because BrawlBox got it's header values in the wrong position when reading the file format.

BCSTMs and BFSTMs are completely different format, you can't just expect them to be identical to BRSTMs. Their coding may be similar in that it's made using NintendoWare, but there are huge differences in their header positions in NW4C and NW4F formats.

Please fix them. Otherwise I may have to do some trial and error in trying to fix those bugs myself. ^^'
    « Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:26:38 AM by Platinum Lucario » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #982 on: March 06, 2017, 07:01:04 AM »

I have bug to report on BrawlBox. It has not been fixed in 0.78 RC1 either.

The BFSTM framework for BrawlBox is not developed properly. Whenever you play a BFSTM in BrawlBox, there is always a clicking noise in the stream. Do you want to know what causes it? It's because it's using an incorrect hex value to indicate on moving to the next sample. So what happens is the next sample that is played is using an extra byte in playing back, but at the same time, missing the end of the sample that is supposed to be played as a sound sample.

It may sound like there's a clicking noise every 0.5 seconds, but that's because it plays too quickly for it to be heard until 0.5 seconds later. But what really is happening, is it's playing a clicking noise on every single sample in the stream.

Next up, multiple streams in BCSTM are not supported in BrawlBox yet, therefore bringing up an error saying that multi-stream files are not supported. But in reality, it's actually because BrawlBox got it's header values in the wrong position when reading the file format.

BCSTMs and BFSTMs are completely different format, you can't just expect them to be identical to BRSTMs. Their coding may be similar in that it's made using NintendoWare, but there are huge differences in their header positions in NW4C and NW4F formats.

Please fix them. Otherwise I may have to do some trial and error in trying to fix those bugs myself. ^^'
    Do you have a link to some sort of specification for the header formats?

I assume vgmstream doesn't have this problem, right?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #983 on: March 06, 2017, 08:24:48 AM »

This happens when I import some of the Pokémon XY Models into Brawlbox. Is there a way to fix this?

Expand the MDL0, and expand the Materials folder; see if you can expand each material. If not, that means that there are no textures attached to the materials, and this is super easy to fix.(This is something that happens with Blender importing, too) Go to a Brawl fighter, expand the MDL0, expand the Materials folder, and export a material. Make sure that either it's a material with only one texture being referenced, or, if you want to actually use a reflective material, use one from your choice of what kind of reflection you want(For example, Samus' reflection looks entirely different from Sonic's reflection on his fur) Now go back to the Pokemon model, and back to the Materials folder, and right-click->Replace all of the materials with the one that you exported. (This sentence is optional)Expand these materials, and, for each material, rename what texture is assigned to the material to whatever you want to name it to. Now go into the Textures part(Where the actual textures are located, in the other BRRES), delete any existing textures and/or palettes, and right-click the BRRES and click Import->Texture, select the textures of the Pokemon model that you want to import, and rename them to the corresponding materials. Now the model should have the textures attached to it.

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

« Reply #984 on: March 06, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »

Expand the MDL0, and expand the Materials folder; see if you can expand each material. If not, that means that there are no textures attached to the materials, and this is super easy to fix.(This is something that happens with Blender importing, too) Go to a Brawl fighter, expand the MDL0, expand the Materials folder, and export a material. Make sure that either it's a material with only one texture being referenced, or, if you want to actually use a reflective material, use one from your choice of what kind of reflection you want(For example, Samus' reflection looks entirely different from Sonic's reflection on his fur) Now go back to the Pokemon model, and back to the Materials folder, and right-click->Replace all of the materials with the one that you exported. (This sentence is optional)Expand these materials, and, for each material, rename what texture is assigned to the material to whatever you want to name it to. Now go into the Textures part(Where the actual textures are located, in the other BRRES), delete any existing textures and/or palettes, and right-click the BRRES and click Import->Texture, select the textures of the Pokemon model that you want to import, and rename them to the corresponding materials. Now the model should have the textures attached to it.
    I meant the bones. How do you fix that?

E-scope

[/url]

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #985 on: March 06, 2017, 11:23:04 AM »

Oh, sorry. What kind of file did you import it as, what program did you export the model from, and what version of BrawlBox did you use?

Unfortunately, I only know Blender importing, so if you used another program, I dunno why. I do know, though, that this was a problem with Blender importing, where it did that same thing, way back when I was first testing importing rigged models, and although I can't directly remember why it did that, I think it had something to do with either the rotation of the model and bones as a whole, or with the rotation/translation of the individual bones themselves.

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

« Reply #986 on: March 06, 2017, 03:28:37 PM »

Oh, sorry. What kind of file did you import it as, what program did you export the model from, and what version of BrawlBox did you use?

Unfortunately, I only know Blender importing, so if you used another program, I dunno why. I do know, though, that this was a problem with Blender importing, where it did that same thing, way back when I was first testing importing rigged models, and although I can't directly remember why it did that, I think it had something to do with either the rotation of the model and bones as a whole, or with the rotation/translation of the individual bones themselves.
    I imported it as a dae from Autodesk 3DS Max 2011.

E-scope

[/url]

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #987 on: March 06, 2017, 03:41:07 PM »

Yeah, then, in that case, what I said above is the only thing I can say to help. I unfortunately don't know Max. Sad

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #988 on: March 06, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »

While not a bug, it's a regression that's been in Brawlbox since I think v0.68b, but back in v0.67, you could edit certain Bone Flags, alongside other bone-related things.

Example Image (v0.67):

These features are no longer present in BrawlBox versions past v0.67.

Example Image (v0.68b):

On an unrelated note, when could we expect a hotfix update to v0.78? It would also be nice to see the moveset editor from v0.68b make a comeback in a separate branch version with added features.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #989 on: March 06, 2017, 07:21:24 PM »

On an unrelated note, when could we expect a hotfix update to v0.78? It would also be nice to see the moveset editor from v0.68b make a comeback in a separate branch version with added features.
    I'll probably make a "final" version of 0.78 later this week, with just one change (an Edit All dialog fix.)

I wasn't working on BrawlBox until v0.72 so I'd have to go back and try to figure out where the bone flags went (unless BJ96 is around and knows.)

I'd like to fix the CSTM and FSTM stuff since I was the one who added that, but that will probably have to wait for later.

Post Merge: March 07, 2017, 07:17:11 AM
    For each of the bone flags, there is another way to toggle it:
    • NoTransform: I think it turns this one on if you set scale to (1,1,1) and translation and rotation to (0,0,0)
    • FixedTranslation: Set translation to (0,0,0)
    • FixedRotation: Set rotation to (0,0,0)
    • FixedScale: Set scale to (1,1,1)
    • ScaleEqual: Set scale to the same number in all 3 directions
    • SegScaleCompApply: has its own toggle setting
    • SegScaleCompParent: has its own toggle setting
    • ClassicScaleOff: has its own toggle setting
    • Visible: has its own toggle setting
    • HasGeometry: there is at least one node user (Users.Count > 0) or at least one object rigged only to this bone (SingleBindObjects.Length > 0). Not quite sure what this means exactly.
    • HasBillboardParent: set BillboardRefBone to something that is not null
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:17:12 AM by libertyernie » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69
    Print
    Jump to: