Project ReMiX (Alpha Download now Included)

Started by kanjaroo, July 20, 2014, 01:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

July 20, 2014, 01:49:20 AM Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:20:21 AM by kanjaroo
PROJECT ReMiX

Alpha 1.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/036ymaaizyt1noi/sd.zip
Alpha 1.1:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205827
(This is all I've done so far. It IS a lot but there's still LOTS of improvements to be made...)

Project M + BrawlEX = An awesome balanced game where everyone has 10 costumes and 14 new characters added by the hacking community.

This project is going to be about adding more possibilities to the awesome concept and engine of Project M. I've given every character 10 costumes and added 14 characters. I've been working on this project on and off for a long time now and I think I've reached the point where its too time consuming and burdensome for me to work on perfecting it myself with no feedback or help to go off of. So, I'm hoping the community can hop on and help me finish this effort for perfection I've started. I, actually, don't want us to even be a specific group of developers like Project M. That's what limited the PMBR- once they were identified as a group- they felt restricted by professionalism and Nintendo and, thus, couldn't add all that this community has to offer. As an entire hacking community, we can do whatever we want with the game. There's no need to leave a stone unturned. With Smash Bros. Wii U approaching, we might as well give it something awesome to compare it to.

The primary aspect in which I'm seeking help from the community is what I call "PSA molding". I want help taking these PSAs from the vault and making them balanced, improved, and overall perfect for the
Project M competitive style.

Let's start with a picture of my current CSS:

(sorry my horrid tv makes it look weird)

Admittedly, I did use the first beta of Project M Unbound as a template. This is my current roster with Project M: 49 characters excluding Zelda (Sheik's there) and ZSS. It's simple really, I just put in what I wanted. I've played and thoroughly reviewed LOTS of Brawl PSAs on the vault for this project and these are the ones I've deemed best suited in terms of balance and ingenuity for Project M molding. If you can't fully see, the EXroster is:

Mewtwo
Roy
Cloud
Deadpool
Shadow
Gray Fox
Wisp
Raptor
Ridley
Vegeta
Kid Buu
Scorpion

NEWCOMERS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Cloud by Kienamaru
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202848

Deadpool by Mephisto
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31834

Shadow by Mastaklo
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=2369

Gray Fox by Eternal Yoshi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203315

Wisp by Eldiran
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=2303

Raptor by KingOfChaos
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32124

Ridley by Carnage
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30460

Scorpion by CaliKingz01
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204231

Vegeta by Ac1dSn0w
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27662

Kid Buu by SiLeNtDo0m
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23335


POSSIBLE NEWCOMERS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


THE PROCESS
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Now for the juicy part I want all you guys to read. As I'm writing this, I have no partners for this project. If you like this idea and want to help, post in the thread and pm me. Little by little, with each perfect character, the game will reach a new level of fun. If we all come together, this game can become the new MUGEN.

As of now, the CSS can freeze with Captain Falcon or Team mode changing costumes. There are also costumes that won't work and various other possible glitches. It's not too freeze heavy though- if you're playing by yourself, you can easily see for yourself which costumes work and which don't- because most of them DO work. If you've played it and have any thoughts or improvements you can share, I BEG you to do so.

All in all, I'm hoping this can be a big project (like a P:M dlc type thing) and I hope you'll all share how you feel about this idea. With good feedback, I'll update this post constantly to show more information such as costumes, music, more pictures/details etc.

Thanks for reading this, community!

this project sounds great so far my only suggestion would be to include the lucina psa as it already has a p:m balanced version.

Hmm. If those are "possible" inclusions of characters, most(if not all) of them already exist; but out of the probably around 30 or so reviews of people I've seen of who should be included in Super Smash Bros. WiiU(Before they started making it, but after they rumored about it), as well as how popularly people use a bunch of those characters, the ones that you listed that are quite popular to people include:

Sora
Naruto
Knuckles
Skull Kid
Crash Bandicoot
*I myself am not actually a fan of any of these except for Knuckles and Skull Kid; those are simply the characters that I've seen as what people want(You forgot to include characters that are even more wanted, like Rosalina or MegaMan[Actually included in SSBU according to the official website])*
*Am a fan of Super Smash Bros. series though ;D*

Someone finally shows appreciation for Emerl YES! YES! YES!

Alright, I'm uploading my sd card for people to play around with. My hope is that you all can feel the direction of the project so support for it can grow. Once again, I need PSA and module editors to work with to epand the possibilities with these new characters. I'm going to pm the original PSA makers and see if they have an interest in revising their characters' mechanics to give this project substance and make Project M more fun. In the meantime, enjoy this glitchy brawl setup. (It's taking a while to upload so be patient plz)

Quote from: kanjaroo on July 24, 2014, 06:10:54 PM
Alright, I'm uploading my sd card for people to play around with. My hope is that you all can feel the direction of the project so support for it can grow. Once again, I need PSA and module editors to work with to epand the possibilities with these new characters. I'm going to pm the original PSA makers and see if they have an interest in revising their characters' mechanics to give this project substance and make Project M more fun. In the meantime, enjoy this glitchy brawl setup. (It's taking a while to upload so be patient plz)

I can do previews and vids on my channel, sadly no commentary.

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on July 24, 2014, 07:33:02 PM
I can do previews and vids on my channel, sadly no commentary.

That'd be awesome! But please try to mention that it's not finished. The new characters work great but some costumes on the old characters soft freeze (fight won't load). Its about 70% uploaded as of now. In your video, I'd ask that you give a good representation of how every character has 10 costumes. The main advancements are just in the css- none really in terms of gameplay as the new characters act how they did in vBrawl. Of course, you can show that the P:M characters still function how they were supposed to.

Oh and some Echaracters will seem to have 5 costumes. In reality, they have 10- its just the original 5 repeated because I couldn't find/think of more costumes for them. The best eample to show is Deadpool. He has 10 great costumes (though Ronald is kinda jacked up) and fights against P:M Snake glitch free.

(Don't try Snake or Sonic alts and don't even select Captain Falcon)

On a very related note, do you guys think I should make another topic to underly all the glitches with this pack so people will know and other people (like me) can try changing them?

Quote from: kanjaroo on July 24, 2014, 08:39:28 PM
That'd be awesome! But please try to mention that it's not finished. The new characters work great but some costumes on the old characters soft freeze (fight won't load). Its about 70% uploaded as of now. In your video, I'd ask that you give a good representation of how every character has 10 costumes. The main advancements are just in the css- none really in terms of gameplay as the new characters act how they did in vBrawl. Of course, you can show that the P:M characters still function how they were supposed to.

Oh and some Echaracters will seem to have 5 costumes. In reality, they have 10- its just the original 5 repeated because I couldn't find/think of more costumes for them. The best eample to show is Deadpool. He has 10 great costumes (though Ronald is kinda jacked up) and fights against P:M Snake glitch free.

(Don't try Snake or Sonic alts and don't even select Captain Falcon)

On a very related note, do you guys think I should make another topic to underly all the glitches with this pack so people will know and other people (like me) can try changing them?

Ill mention in the description and MAYBE lets play it. Can't wait for the download!



Quote from: TheRealDylanator on July 24, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
The Capcha has no audio and is white.
thats weird the captcha on mine is showing up fine


Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 09:37:57 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uwpdbpq9fdwdm64/sd.zip

does this work??

July 24, 2014, 09:41:29 PM #11 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:46:13 PM by TheRealDylanator
No

Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 09:46:13 PM

Cant you just remove the captcha?

I'm not a pro member (sigh). That's annoying. I guess I'll just re-upload it to DropBo...