Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Project ReMiX (Alpha Download now Included)  (Read 26230 times)
kanjaroo
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 19, 2014, 07:49:20 PM »

PROJECT ReMiX

Alpha 1.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/036ymaaizyt1noi/sd.zip
Alpha 1.1:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205827
(This is all I've done so far. It IS a lot but there's still LOTS of improvements to be made...)

Project M + BrawlEX = An awesome balanced game where everyone has 10 costumes and 14 new characters added by the hacking community.

This project is going to be about adding more possibilities to the awesome concept and engine of Project M. I've given every character 10 costumes and added 14 characters. I've been working on this project on and off for a long time now and I think I've reached the point where its too time consuming and burdensome for me to work on perfecting it myself with no feedback or help to go off of. So, I'm hoping the community can hop on and help me finish this effort for perfection I've started. I, actually, don't want us to even be a specific group of developers like Project M. That's what limited the PMBR- once they were identified as a group- they felt restricted by professionalism and Nintendo and, thus, couldn't add all that this community has to offer. As an entire hacking community, we can do whatever we want with the game. There's no need to leave a stone unturned. With Smash Bros. Wii U approaching, we might as well give it something awesome to compare it to.

The primary aspect in which I'm seeking help from the community is what I call "PSA molding". I want help taking these PSAs from the vault and making them balanced, improved, and overall perfect for the
Project M competitive style.

Let's start with a picture of my current CSS:

(sorry my horrid tv makes it look weird)

Admittedly, I did use the first beta of Project M Unbound as a template. This is my current roster with Project M: 49 characters excluding Zelda (Sheik's there) and ZSS. It's simple really, I just put in what I wanted. I've played and thoroughly reviewed LOTS of Brawl PSAs on the vault for this project and these are the ones I've deemed best suited in terms of balance and ingenuity for Project M molding. If you can't fully see, the EXroster is:

Mewtwo
Roy
Cloud
Deadpool
Shadow
Gray Fox
Wisp
Raptor
Ridley
Vegeta
Kid Buu
Scorpion

NEWCOMERS

Now, I'm gonna give a review of each character stating they're great gameplay and also telling what improvements need to be made concurrently:

Mewtwo and Roy

I'm just gonna keep this one sweet and simple. It's Mewtwo and Roy. Smash classics. Why would you not want them? The PMBR themselves, of course, designed these movesets so they couldn't fit into the game any better anyway.

Cloud by Kienamaru

Final Fantasy VII's protagonist- everyone's heard of him. A gaming classic, Final Fantasy VII sported lots of moves and attacks for Cloud to learn as he leveled up. With his bulky sword and mastery of spells, Cloud is emphasized by his hybrid nature of slow but powerful at any range.

Contrary to Ike, Cloud isn't combo heavy and his playstyle isn't focused on pushing an opponent and then kicking them while they're down. Cloud excels at pressuring opponents from a distance and using his various attacks to keep them trying to avoid damage. Marth mains will know to get close and hurt Cloud with grabs and aerial combos that he can't respond to. However, Cloud mains will know to keep their distance and manipulate Cloud's unique moveset to damage the opponent until they're ready to finish off with a f-air, side smash, or even worse, his neutral B.

A great character as he is, its important to plan out and coordinate your specials with Cloud to ensure the opponent can never actually get close to you. Predict where he or she is going to be and use a special to counteract them.

Cloud's neutral B allows for him to deal high amounts of damage from a distance linearly. This makes Cloud devastating on Final Destination. All someone really needs to do is get the opponent into the air and then keep a good distance while charging neutral B for whenever they try to land. This can easily kill or damage opponents- if they aren't used to side-stepping in mid-air that is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*Currently freezes when played against Ike
*Down special causes lag

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202848

Deadpool by Mephisto

One of my personal favorites. This guy is too cool. Mephisto based his moveset off of Deadpool's Marvel vs. Capcom 3 moveset. Deadpool's as fast as Link. Marth, and Roy. He relies primarily on spontaneity. To be good with him, you should know the ranges and speeds of your attacks.

Side smash is an awesome necessary attack to get good deal of damage on opponents. A double-hit similar to Link's side smash in nature, Deadpool's side smash deals similar damage with lesser knock back. This allows for more damage to be dealt through the variety of his ranged moveset.

Deadpool is all about spontaneity and positioning- the opponent should never be where he wants to be relative to you. Side special allows you to quickly hit the opponent while switching places with him and forcing him to be positioned at a mid range while the up special gives you a unique positioning advantage whenever.

You can harass opponents from a range with bullets and grenades or get up close to hurt them with quick smashes and the exploding up b. To play the best, you switch between the close and ranged while throwing in a side special whenever so that they never know what's gonna happen next.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*Down taunt is still Snake's box
*Grabs should be changed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31834

Shadow by Mastaklo

Shadow the Hedgehog plays fast and aggressive. His attacks have considerable knockback and damage while being quick, like Sonic and many other characters.

The best way to get damage on opponents is to come at them with the n air, n special air, and d air. Attack from above basically because you do well with getting damage off on people below you (on the ground or also in the air) with the black fireballs and great f air. The smashes are formidable as well. The side smash is great and the up smash also good.

The down smash deals massive amounts of damage and knockback when opponents are close enough. You should try your best to utilize the down smash. The grabs are great for combos similar to Sonic, Mewtwo, etc. Side special does well to interrupt opponents.

The down special is also great utility as its a counter that only needs a close opponent as a requisite to activate. Finally, d air is a great way to catch opponents off guard considering they expect the n air or n special air.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*Graphics conflict
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=2369

Gray Fox by Eternal Yoshi

Character review coming soon...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203315

Wisp by Eldiran
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=2303

Raptor by KingOfChaos

The Raptor hack is fast and ferocious. Compared to the other characters I've added, he is quite difficult to play (not as difficult as Wisp, but still difficult nonetheless). I like this one in particular because KingOfChaos designed a special version of his PSA for Project M use, so hats off to him.

I can't identify exactly what makes Raptor's P:M version different, but it definitely feels more fluent. When playing, try to get in the down special charge whenever given the opportunity. His speed, side special, and up special give him easy positioning- should his opponent let him. Raptor, like Mewtwo, can combo out of up special. This allows for new possibilities for air combos and even chained air combos. What I do is up throw into up air, jump, up air, jump, up air, up special up air. Like a Mewtwo-Sonic crossover- you have to abuse his mobility and tail. The d air is also a crazy powerful meteor smash with the smallest of hitboxes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*Remove arwing at entry
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32124

Ridley by Carnage

Ridley's one of the best Brawl hacks in general imo- he just feels like he belongs too well.

With an abundance of speedy ranged attacks and slashes mixed with projectiles, I'm sure you can play him however you choose to. His smashes are all incredible with a moves and grabs to match.

The side special is for edge guarding while neutral and down specials allow for chip damage. All in all it's pretty easy to rack up damage with Ridley once you learn the hitboxes.

Just dash, smash around, and don't kill yourself with the up special! (It's cancellable!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NONE
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30460

Scorpion by CaliKingz01
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204231

Vegeta by Ac1dSn0w
My friends and I have had great time with Vegeta. Originally, I was thinking of replacing him, but the truth is we had way too much fun with him. Vegeta's mostly weak compared to other characters. His side smash is a typical good one but a lot of his moves are difficult to land and deal little damage. That is, except for his neutral special Galick Gun. Playing Vegeta in Project M requires you to utilize the power of this move to its full potential to make up for how weak he is in other regards. Use it whenever you can and your opponent will be left frustrated with their . Of course, you can't spam it because the charge time and recoil give your opponent plenty of time to stop you. Vegeta can die very easily and without much resistance: that is his flaw. However, if you can fend off your opponent well enough to not lose immediately, you receive the greatest reward: becoming a Super Saiyan. Let him live long enough to become a Super Saiyan and the game's over. It's as simple as that.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27662

Kid Buu by SiLeNtDo0m
Kid Buu has the best recovery. All of his specials except for the neutral allow for more movement. The grabs and side special are great for comboing into the smashes- which are quite decent in themselves with similarities to fox. The opponent is play doh in your hands, throw them and play around with them as much a you want. Just be consistent and always so your opponent does out damage you with time. Overall, Kid Buu's pretty typical and easy like Ridley- just more focused on rendering your opponent unmovable than attacking as fast as possible.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23335

POSSIBLE NEWCOMERS

Possible (Balanced) Inclusions:
Yoda
Sora
Toon Neku
Naruto
Knuckles
Geno
Metal Mario
Skull Kid
These guys are some NICE PSAs but I decided not to prioritize them yet. Currently, I'm at a 12 character limit so these guys might have to wait.

Possible (Unbalanced) Inclusions:
Riku
Steve
These are some nice concepts, but the base PSAs need work, hence me labeling them unbalanced.

Possible (Unported) Inclusions:
Crash Bandicoot
Emerl
These are some great characters from the vault. However, unfortunately, none of them are over BrawlEx compatible characters. If we ever decide to devote the effort, we can attempt to port these guys and add them to the game.

THE PROCESS
Here's the 3 step plan:
STEP 1: Make the first 12 characters compatible with BrawlEx, meaning glitch free and with sfx.

STEP 2:Rework the characters to perfection with Project M mechanics. Quick dashing, better momentum, weight, wavedashing- all that good stuff. By the end, the characters will be perfect and we can tell because there would be no red text at the end of any character description.

STEP 3: Repeat the process for the possible newcomers! We'll have community votes for what to collectively work on next after we've done a good job and perfected a few characters.

(They don't have to be the 12 I mentioned.  We can focus on some other characters first if you guys want.)

Now for the juicy part I want all you guys to read. As I'm writing this, I have no partners for this project. If you like this idea and want to help, post in the thread and pm me. Little by little, with each perfect character, the game will reach a new level of fun. If we all come together, this game can become the new MUGEN.

As of now, the CSS can freeze with Captain Falcon or Team mode changing costumes. There are also costumes that won't work and various other possible glitches. It's not too freeze heavy though- if you're playing by yourself, you can easily see for yourself which costumes work and which don't- because most of them DO work. If you've played it and have any thoughts or improvements you can share, I BEG you to do so.

All in all, I'm hoping this can be a big project (like a P:M dlc type thing) and I hope you'll all share how you feel about this idea. With good feedback, I'll update this post constantly to show more information such as costumes, music, more pictures/details etc.

Thanks for reading this, community!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:20:21 PM by kanjaroo » Logged

spiritpyros
Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:29:58 PM »

this project sounds great so far my only suggestion would be to include the lucina psa as it already has a p:m balanced version.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »

Hmm. If those are "possible" inclusions of characters, most(if not all) of them already exist; but out of the probably around 30 or so reviews of people I've seen of who should be included in Super Smash Bros. WiiU(Before they started making it, but after they rumored about it), as well as how popularly people use a bunch of those characters, the ones that you listed that are quite popular to people include:

Sora
    Naruto
    Knuckles
    Skull Kid
    Crash Bandicoot
    *I myself am not actually a fan of any of these except for Knuckles and Skull Kid; those are simply the characters that I've seen as what people want(You forgot to include characters that are even more wanted, like Rosalina or MegaMan[Actually included in SSBU according to the official website])*
    *Am a fan of Super Smash Bros. series though Grin*

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 03:45:46 AM »

Someone finally shows appreciation for Emerl YES! YES! YES!

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 12:10:54 PM »

Alright, I'm uploading my sd card for people to play around with. My hope is that you all can feel the direction of the project so support for it can grow. Once again, I need PSA and module editors to work with to epand the possibilities with these new characters. I'm going to pm the original PSA makers and see if they have an interest in revising their characters' mechanics to give this project substance and make Project M more fun. In the meantime, enjoy this glitchy brawl setup. (It's taking a while to upload so be patient plz)

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 01:33:02 PM »

Alright, I'm uploading my sd card for people to play around with. My hope is that you all can feel the direction of the project so support for it can grow. Once again, I need PSA and module editors to work with to epand the possibilities with these new characters. I'm going to pm the original PSA makers and see if they have an interest in revising their characters' mechanics to give this project substance and make Project M more fun. In the meantime, enjoy this glitchy brawl setup. (It's taking a while to upload so be patient plz)

I can do previews and vids on my channel, sadly no commentary.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 02:39:28 PM »

I can do previews and vids on my channel, sadly no commentary.

That'd be awesome! But please try to mention that it's not finished. The new characters work great but some costumes on the old characters soft freeze (fight won't load). Its about 70% uploaded as of now. In your video, I'd ask that you give a good representation of how every character has 10 costumes. The main advancements are just in the css- none really in terms of gameplay as the new characters act how they did in vBrawl. Of course, you can show that the P:M characters still function how they were supposed to.

Oh and some Echaracters will seem to have 5 costumes. In reality, they have 10- its just the original 5 repeated because I couldn't find/think of more costumes for them. The best eample to show is Deadpool. He has 10 great costumes (though Ronald is kinda jacked up) and fights against P:M Snake glitch free.

(Don't try Snake or Sonic alts and don't even select Captain Falcon)

On a very related note, do you guys think I should make another topic to underly all the glitches with this pack so people will know and other people (like me) can try changing them?

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »

That'd be awesome! But please try to mention that it's not finished. The new characters work great but some costumes on the old characters soft freeze (fight won't load). Its about 70% uploaded as of now. In your video, I'd ask that you give a good representation of how every character has 10 costumes. The main advancements are just in the css- none really in terms of gameplay as the new characters act how they did in vBrawl. Of course, you can show that the P:M characters still function how they were supposed to.

Oh and some Echaracters will seem to have 5 costumes. In reality, they have 10- its just the original 5 repeated because I couldn't find/think of more costumes for them. The best eample to show is Deadpool. He has 10 great costumes (though Ronald is kinda jacked up) and fights against P:M Snake glitch free.

(Don't try Snake or Sonic alts and don't even select Captain Falcon)

On a very related note, do you guys think I should make another topic to underly all the glitches with this pack so people will know and other people (like me) can try changing them?

Ill mention in the description and MAYBE lets play it. Can't wait for the download!

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »

Alright here it is.

https://www.mediafire.com/?uwpdbpq9fdwdm64

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »

The Capcha has no audio and is white.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »

The Capcha has no audio and is white.

thats weird the captcha on mine is showing up fine

Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 03:37:57 PM
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/uwpdbpq9fdwdm64/sd.zip

does this work??

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »

No

Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 03:46:13 PM
    Cant you just remove the captcha?
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:46:13 PM by TheRealDylanator » Logged

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »

I'm not a pro member (sigh). That's annoying. I guess I'll just re-upload it to DropBo...

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 04:18:54 PM »

DropBox is good.

kanjaroo
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 05:22:59 PM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/036ymaaizyt1noi/sd.zip

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: