Project: Super Smash 4 - Cliché Q&A (11/14/2014)

Started by Junior64570, August 21, 2014, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 25, 2014, 07:15:08 PM #645 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:18:27 PM by Junior64570
Quote from: Boobsey on October 25, 2014, 06:46:31 PM
Hey junior you can get photoshop CS2 for free if you make an account with adobe
That's awesome! I should try that! :D (If it's legal?)
Have you found the models yet? (Not sure whether it's legal, but you could google that)
And if you can't rip the models, how about the trophies' textures? I need them for Ice Climbers, Wolf, etc., so they look like their trophies. :)

Quote from: windhunter7 on October 25, 2014, 06:09:10 PM
Here's a thing you could try: Try having both a preview of the Sm4sh CSS and the actual CSP or whatever that you're making the image out of in the same picture, next to each other. You can then copy the Sm4sh CSS, and paste it in the correct proportions onto your CSP; then, undo that and cut the part of the picture that you pasted the Sm4sh CSS onto, resize that to a CSS size, and presto! Perfect alignment! :D
I've tried comparing them, but I'm not looking for perfect alignment, just a Smash 4 likeliness.
There's a tutorial for making custom CSS, but I don't know how I should edit the 2D Models in the thing to make it look like this:

With animated sky background, animated CSS Icons :o, etc.

I've also added stages to the OP, a coders place in "The Team", more slots for texturers, modelers, importers, and more. Eventually, if I learn coding, I'll make it so that you can have more than 2GB of data (reference to projectsmash4game.tk), and the customizable fighters will be fully functional, just like the WiiU Version! :D

...probably not for months, or maybe even years... :(

Quote from: powerofthe17 on October 25, 2014, 05:53:28 PM
thanks! man :D oh also i'm figuring out how to apply a ko meter so i'll have to make him flash colors so you know what percent of the ko meter your at :)
Cool! I wish we could somehow apply it to his Battle Portrait though... :(

Does anyone know how we can re-add Stock Icons below the names of the fighters near the battle portraits?

Quote from: SUPAHSAWNIK99 on October 25, 2014, 07:03:55 PM
That's what I did! Now I've got Photoshop! But, I need 3DS Max. I'd like to start creating my own stages.
I would absolutely LOVE to start working on stages! Especially that new "Glitch Zone" stage at the top of the New Stages list.
:af2:



October 25, 2014, 07:57:26 PM #648 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:11:38 PM by Junior64570
No, because we need both of them.  :-\
I made a few more CSS Icons (WiiU Style), here's an album:
http://imgur.com/a/17xSC
:)

Post Merge: October 25, 2014, 08:02:48 PM

Quote from: Pikmin1211 on October 25, 2014, 07:37:07 PM
Glitch Zone?
Yes, Glitch Zone. A stage I just made up a few minutes ago, it's sort of like Final Destination, except with more platforms that can disappear at any time, a green code-like background with 0 and 1s, occasionally geckos can appear out of nowhere and attack you... It's basically just like a "represent everything you have to do to hack Super Smash Bros." stage. :D Also, the platforms look like 2 Gigabyte SD Cards, there are Dolphins swimming in the code background, and it's very, VERY chaotic. Items only appear in one place, sometimes the whole stage can just vanish (not the platforms) leaving everyone on it in the air, hoping to get up onto one of the moving SD Cards, which can also vanish. It's complicated.

I typed that in green to represent code.

Quote from: Junior64570 on October 25, 2014, 07:57:26 PM
No, because we need both of them.  :-\
I made a few more CSS Icons (WiiU Style), here's an album:
http://imgur.com/a/17xSC
:)

Post Merge: October 25, 2014, 08:02:48 PM
Yes, Glitch Zone. A stage I just made up a few minutes ago, it's sort of like Final Destination, except with more platforms that can disappear at any time, a green code-like background with 0 and 1s, occasionally geckos can appear out of nowhere and attack you... It's basically just like a "represent everything you have to do to hack Super Smash Bros." stage. :D Also, the platforms look like 2 Gigabyte SD Cards, there are Dolphins swimming in the code background, and it's very, VERY chaotic. Items only appear in one place, sometimes the whole stage can just vanish (not the platforms) leaving everyone on it in the air, hoping to get up onto one of the moving SD Cards, which can also vanish. It's complicated.

I typed that in green to represent code.

Sounds cool! Could you possibly uplaod a version without the vanishing platform and the geckos? Would love to use that in my Project M!

I haven't even started, I'm not even done learning 3D Modelling yet. :P
However, once we're done with it I'd be happy to! :D

Quote from: Junior64570 on October 25, 2014, 10:10:52 PM
I haven't even started, I'm not even done learning 3D Modelling yet. :P
However, once we're done with it I'd be happy to! :D

I could make the textures for this "Glitch Zone"!

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

I'm becoming more concerned about this thread, its current behavior is appearing to be the same of the late "Project Smash 4"...

... and it was the behavior that got that project shut down due to admin thread lock.

Quote from: Scout on October 26, 2014, 01:26:37 AM
I'm becoming more concerned about this thread, its current behavior is appearing to be the same of the late "Project Smash 4"...

... and it was the behavior that got that project shut down due to admin thread lock.
What behavior are you referring to?

Is it referring to how you guys shouldn't use models and textures directly from a game that's barely even released at all?

October 26, 2014, 01:52:41 AM #655 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:54:51 AM by Junior64570
Quote from: Scout on October 26, 2014, 01:26:37 AM
I'm becoming more concerned about this thread, its current behavior is appearing to be the same of the late "Project Smash 4"...

... and it was the behavior that got that project shut down due to admin thread lock.
I think I know what it is:
Biting off more than we can chew,
or,
Talking, but not working.

Something like that?

Post Merge: October 26, 2014, 01:54:51 AM

...maybe not, wait, you said "admin thread lock"?
So, probably not, however, we still shouldn't say we're going to do something unless we are doing something.

Quote from: Junior64570 on October 26, 2014, 01:52:41 AM
I think I know what it is:
Talking, but not working.

The old thread was locked, and I quote:

QuoteThe thread was "circlejerk"(?), is all talk and some progress pictures here and there... but nothing mayor for a while"

Something on the line's like that. As far as I seen, you guys are passing the "idea" ball to one another, but that what the old thread was doing constantly.

And if that keeps up, the thread will be considered as a spam thread... which is why the admin thread lock happens.

I do recon if you huddle the guys up for a Skype or PM system, or any other form of direct communication, you can have more idea pitches and in-team feedback, without the spam.

Again, not trying to be a jerk. Im just a guy that doesn't wanna witness how another project and its determined members go apart.

Just, be careful on the quantity of talk and the quantity of product.


I'm waiting on trying to do something... So, I've been working on my other project, Smash Masters, to pass the time.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

So would i put little details in PMs/Skype, But "big progress" here?
hai

Okay, here's the thread to serve the old purpose of this thread:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/PSS4/topic/10690315/1/
It's on the official Project Super Smash 4 Forums, thanks to Boobsey for starting it. :)
PM Boobsey if you need to be admin, it's a Staff-Only topic, so you guys should talk that out.