Super Smash Blast!

Started by frozenfire, September 07, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

It's pretty obvious that the original characters portraits do not match what you see in-game. Please vote on which you'd like to see change

fix the CSS portraits to match the existing characters(currently using the smash 3 project)
35 (92.1%)
Put all those alts that are shown in the CSS back
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Quote from: Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ on March 06, 2015, 05:29:22 AM
I've never had Brawl EX Freeze after a match, UNLESS...

1) The Portraits weren't there.
Example: I had 6 portraits as CSP's, but only 5 as Result Portraits,
so when ever I would do the 6th costume, do to not having a 6th result portrait, it would freeze.

2) The Portaits are too large to handle.
Example: I'd suggest 200x200 max. Though the natural Portrait is 128x160.

3) I didn't have the result portrait files added.
Example: Self explainatory.
-------------------------------------------------------
Knowing this, I would suggest you check each portrait you are using.
If it STILL Freezes, I do not know what happened.
^This.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on March 06, 2015, 10:02:44 PM
^This.
Let me express that it was never stated that EVERYONE has this problem, and that even if people have the essential files where they belong, the freezes might be caused by another issue. It's not completely unheard of.
Seeing as no one who's responded can answer legitimately, I'll wait until a legit resolution can be reached.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on March 06, 2015, 11:05:47 PM
Seeing as no one who's responded can answer legitimately, I'll wait until a legit resolution can be reached.

Here, look at your legitimate resolution:

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on March 06, 2015, 11:05:47 PM
Let me express that it was never stated that EVERYONE has this problem, and that even if people have the essential files where they belong, the freezes might be caused by another issue. It's not completely unheard of.

1. I never said you stated that everyone has this problem. Even though you said that it was a BrawlEx COMMON problem, which is not.

2. There's another reason.

Probably you didn't configure the FighterXX.dat file to make it have No Result (not needed, but recommended).
If it has a Result, then you're missing the needed file.
To make things easier, just open the FighterXX.dat file and do what I said.

Otherwise, then you're either missing the Results portraits (most likely), the PSA you're using has a problem with the Results Screen (less likely), or you're just doing something wrong and IDK what it is.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on March 06, 2015, 11:05:47 PM
Let me express that it was never stated that EVERYONE has this problem, and that even if people have the essential files where they belong, the freezes might be caused by another issue. It's not completely unheard of.
Seeing as no one who's responded can answer legitimately, I'll wait until a legit resolution can be reached.
I know for a fact that, you at least used to use more of the character franchise icons, so if you are still using them that'd be the problem. The limit there is 29(Or 30?) franchise icons (So far, unsure if you can expand further)... You also need to use a modified "STGRESULT" to accomodate these as well.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on March 06, 2015, 11:39:30 PM
I know for a fact that, you at least used to use more of the character franchise icons, so if you are still using them that'd be the problem. The limit there is 29(Or 30?) franchise icons (So far, unsure if you can expand further)... You also need to use a modified "STGRESULT" to accomodate these as well.

Ah, something new. I had forgotten about the STGRESULT.pac. Maybe this can fix a few people's problems.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on March 06, 2015, 11:45:06 PM
Ah, something new. I had forgotten about the STGRESULT.pac. Maybe this can fix a few people's problems.

I don't use the STGRESULT.pac file and I don't have problems.

The pack I have for download in the Vault has one, but I have started a new pack without said .pac file.

It isn't needed, unless you want more franchise Icons or Results names for your clones.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Project M and BrawlMinus don't have a StageResult.pac either.
And it works perfectly. I use Brawl Minus.

So does the fact that no one has answered my post for like a page or two, does that mean nobody wants these palette swaps included in Super Smash Blast Frozen? :'(

Using official art in this project just degrades the quality, you guys should take pictures of models in BrawlBox, and clean them up in PhotoShop.

March 07, 2015, 02:14:34 AM #789 Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:16:05 AM by Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
Not everyone can do Photoshop.
So before you go degrading yourself,
please try to see the view of others skills.
Lately, I have been using BrawlBox models,
but this was before I started doing so.
And my computer can not run PhotoShop, either.

Post Merge: March 07, 2015, 02:16:05 AM

Quote from: windhunter7 on March 07, 2015, 12:43:51 AM
So does the fact that no one has answered my post for like a page or two, does that mean nobody wants these palette swaps included in Super Smash Blast Frozen? :'(

If you wish to add them, broski.
Add them. I personally liked them.
But I'd rather have them in an alternate folder, so someone can choose to add them, when they choose so.

They are as a separate folder, in my Vault, but I was asking for a vote to re-upload the Frozen Pack with them replacing the current recolors.

I can't get it to work. I've place everything in the root of a freshly formatted SD card, but it's not working. I thought it might be because of all the extra codes. Do I need to rename the codeset I want, like normal, to RSBE01 or something?

What's your region(Pal, NTSC, etc.)?
What size is your SD Card?(How much data can it carry?)

My region is NTSC.
My SD card is a 4 GB SDHC (The one from my 3DS). If that's the problem, I have a 2GB SD card, but it only holds 1.4 GB... No matter what program I use, I can' t get back up to at least 1.5 GB.

Hm.....
Have you tried to format it?
Which should delete everything on it.
100% Delete everything off it.