Brawl 4 (build has been removed)

Started by Nebulon, October 05, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?

Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.
Does it only work with game cube? Because it is not working with classic controller

I only use Gamecube.

So perhaps.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Is Ichigo going to be in the new version of the pack?
Do you plan on allowing other remotes to be able to switch between other stage pages?
Sorry for all these questions it's just that I'm hyped

Quote from: Gameplayer8200 on June 20, 2015, 06:02:59 PM
Is Ichigo going to be in the new version of the pack?
Do you plan on allowing other remotes to be able to switch between other stage pages?
Sorry for all these questions it's just that I'm hyped

I don't know yet... the Ichigos I've used don't really "hook" me. But so many people want him. I'm a little perplexed by it honestly. Do people just want the model or these particular PSAs? They're not bad, but I'm looking for a hook in accordance to Brawl 4 All and I'm having trouble seeing it.

But that doesn't mean he's not, it just means as of right now, I really don't know.

As for remotes switching between stages... I think I'll need to add instructions to the load screen or something because the code we're using is based on Don Jon Bravo's Dual roster code, and his forum has the commands for Wiimotes, but I don't know them because I aonly use the GameCube Controller.

And I understand. I'm hyped too! :) Getting it to a point where Brawl is... no longer work for me is such a relief. And I'm not there yet.

But like e very iteration of the build, I'm infinitely confused as to how I thought the previous version of the build was okay to release. We're really working on this. And it's to a point where I was like "Gee, this too many pieces of this were kind of broken in the previous release".

And I'll be that way again for every future iteration.


This morning I took a break from working on Brawl to play some other games (I do that sometimes aha) and I'm attempting my 503rd game, FarCry 3 (I'm way behind... beating 502 games will do that to you) and for some reason after I set a bought full of drugs on fire a though exploded in my head:

"Hey stupid, you could totally put Zero Suit Samus and Samus into one slot." So I paused the game and that's now what I'm doing. It'll provide another usable slot on the CSS.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Is this to be launched through Gecko OS, or somehow the same way Project M is launched, through the level creation screen? Sorry, its been ages since Ive messed with brawl hacking.
Im asking because for whatever reason, Gecko OS isnt showing up in my Homebrew Channel and nothing I do seems to change that. I wanna make sure thats what I need to do before I pursue it further. Project M launching method didnt work either. Im using the 4GB build on a Lexar 4GB SDHC.


Hey Nebulon, I have some news/requests:

1. BaganSmashBros finally released Ridley 2.0:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's only for PM, and not for Brawl EX like the 1.77 version that he released:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Is there any way you can convince him to release a version for BrawlEx or make Ridley 2.0 work for Brawl 4 All?

2. Piccolo has the same moveset as Broly. This also means that Piccolo's Final Smash freezes the game in both the 2gb and 4gb downloads. Also, is there any way to include a Broly that is Lssj by default with Lssj3 Final Smash? There is a Lssj/Lssj3 Mecha Broly and also extra LSSJ3 ALT's included in the original download.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


3. Is there any reason why Battle Stadium D.O.N. Teen Gohan isn't included? It's a good moveset.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


4. Speaking of DBZ there are a couple of new good PSAs you should try:
Future Trunks:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

King Cold:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Fat Buu ALT(either Kirby or Dedede)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Super Janemba ALT(Link)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Vegeta also says "Atomic Blast" extremely quiet, and I can't seem to choose Saiyan Saga Vegeta or King Vegeta. (These garments..They're PINK!?!)

5. I know Skull Kid has been brought up, but there is a PSA that has Toon Link's moveset but Skull Kid's awesome Final Smash:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


6. Ryu, but no Chun-li? Let's not be sexist:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


7. Shouldn't Riku be included, at least as an alt? The PSA is about as good as Sora's, Spiderman's, Wolverine's, and Ryu's (they need buffs on their Smash attacks/Final Smash's)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Why not include Sora's drive forms as ALTs? They're perfect:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Isn't Genesis a perfect ALT for Sephiroth?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


8. Gray Fox and Snake are lonely; Do they need Raiden?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Or Old Snake?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Metal Gear Rex?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


9. King K Rool PSA over Pit/Waluigi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


10. Isaac PSA over Pit/Waluigi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I don't mean to intrude, but according to this thread you have NOT played Golden Sun. Golden Sun is widely considered the best game for the GBA even among awesome titles like Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, FFTacticsAdvance, Pokemon, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Circle of the Moon, (the list goes on..). Golden Sun is extremely addicting and has great music, villains, and smooth graphics(it was originally planned for the N64!) The only thing I would change is it's length, because it goes by so quickly, or at least it seems to.

11. T-Rex PSA over Yoshi. I think I stated this last time, but I did just see Jurassic World after all. Maybe someone could make a Spinosaurus or Indomitable Rex?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I understand that this might be a lot, so to create extra character slots, couldn't you combine Link+Skyward Link+Dark Link (like Mario, Mario 64, and Metal Mario), Toon Link+Young Link, Dr. Mario+Paper Mario, Pikachu+Pichu, Dragonite+Flygon, and Sonic+Shadow+Metal Sonic(I understand Sonic+Shadow is a WIP).

If you need to go even further, couldn't you go Tidus+Riku, Toon Link+Teen Gohan, Cloud+Trunks, or Waluigi/Pit+Isaac/King K Rool/Ridley 2.0/1.77?

It sure would be nice if Naruto+Saske+Kakashi (Ike+Marth+Falcon) Megaman+MegamanX(Ness+Samus), Zero+Axl(not sure who Axl's default is), and Tails+Knuckles (Meta+Jiggs) were possible. Wait, you said Samus+ZSS is possible, so maybe...?

After being on a hiatus from Brawl Hacking for 2-3 years, this is the first Brawl Hack pack that I downloaded, and all can say is...wow...it is unbelievable how much things have changed since I left. Character expansion, stage expansion, and One-Slot PSAs. This is probably one of the best hacks I have seen in a long time. I mean, some characters could be fixed, or given less cheap movesets (*cough, cough* TABUU *cough, cough*), and some characters can have better models, better looking animations, and more improved movesets. The Zero and Cloud movesets are outdated, I would consider using sDo0m's Cloud PSA with Albakifa's edits, and CalizKingz's Zero moveset, because they look a 100x better. That, and I already edited them. Somehow this old timer figured it out lol. But, besides that, this is very well done. The glitches I found are freezing glitches:
-Kakashi and Tidus silent freeze the game when going to a stage
-Random freezing when selecting a stage, causing the loud, annoying BEEP (one thing I did not miss when I was gone haha)
-This happened once, but at the Project M Installer, when I selected Play, it crashed
-At the Wiimote Strap Menu, at random times, the game froze

I'm not too upset over this, considering that it happened...30% of the time. But I hope that...whatever that is causing those problems will be fixed in the next release, or future release of this pack. I'm also hoping that you would add in more characters to this, since I heard that, using that BrawlEX thing, you could have over 100 characters in the game, so I hope you can add some very good movesets and characters to this pack :)
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Quote from: OmegaPyron on June 24, 2015, 01:26:05 AM
Hey Nebulon, I have some news/requests:

1. BaganSmashBros finally released Ridley 2.0:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's only for PM, and not for Brawl EX like the 1.77 version that he released:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Is there any way you can convince him to release a version for BrawlEx or make Ridley 2.0 work for Brawl 4 All?

2. Piccolo has the same moveset as Broly. This also means that Piccolo's Final Smash freezes the game in both the 2gb and 4gb downloads. Also, is there any way to include a Broly that is Lssj by default with Lssj3 Final Smash? There is a Lssj/Lssj3 Mecha Broly and also extra LSSJ3 ALT's included in the original download.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


3. Is there any reason why Battle Stadium D.O.N. Teen Gohan isn't included? It's a good moveset.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


4. Speaking of DBZ there are a couple of new good PSAs you should try:
Future Trunks:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

King Cold:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Fat Buu ALT(either Kirby or Dedede)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Super Janemba ALT(Link)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Vegeta also says "Atomic Blast" extremely quiet, and I can't seem to choose Saiyan Saga Vegeta or King Vegeta. (These garments..They're PINK!?!)

5. I know Skull Kid has been brought up, but there is a PSA that has Toon Link's moveset but Skull Kid's awesome Final Smash:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


6. Ryu, but no Chun-li? Let's not be sexist:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


7. Shouldn't Riku be included, at least as an alt? The PSA is about as good as Sora's, Spiderman's, Wolverine's, and Ryu's (they need buffs on their Smash attacks/Final Smash's)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Why not include Sora's drive forms as ALTs? They're perfect:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Isn't Genesis a perfect ALT for Sephiroth?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


8. Gray Fox and Snake are lonely; Do they need Raiden?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Or Old Snake?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Metal Gear Rex?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


9. King K Rool PSA over Pit/Waluigi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


10. Isaac PSA over Pit/Waluigi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I don't mean to intrude, but according to this thread you have NOT played Golden Sun. Golden Sun is widely considered the best game for the GBA even among awesome titles like Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, FFTacticsAdvance, Pokemon, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Circle of the Moon, (the list goes on..). Golden Sun is extremely addicting and has great music, villains, and smooth graphics(it was originally planned for the N64!) The only thing I would change is it's length, because it goes by so quickly, or at least it seems to.

11. T-Rex PSA over Yoshi. I think I stated this last time, but I did just see Jurassic World after all. Maybe someone could make a Spinosaurus or Indomitable Rex?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I understand that this might be a lot, so to create extra character slots, couldn't you combine Link+Skyward Link+Dark Link (like Mario, Mario 64, and Metal Mario), Toon Link+Young Link, Dr. Mario+Paper Mario, Pikachu+Pichu, Dragonite+Flygon, and Sonic+Shadow+Metal Sonic(I understand Sonic+Shadow is a WIP).

If you need to go even further, couldn't you go Tidus+Riku, Toon Link+Teen Gohan, Cloud+Trunks, or Waluigi/Pit+Isaac/King K Rool/Ridley 2.0/1.77?

It sure would be nice if Naruto+Saske+Kakashi (Ike+Marth+Falcon) Megaman+MegamanX(Ness+Samus), Zero+Axl(not sure who Axl's default is), and Tails+Knuckles (Meta+Jiggs) were possible. Wait, you said Samus+ZSS is possible, so maybe...?



Hmmm nice list you put together.. Somethings are being discussed so you may get to see somethings you will really like in the next build. He says this one is intended to be the best yet :)

 :happy: >Di a, a huge fan of your build. Will this work on a usb flash drive that is 4gb
also, do you switch the kirby file for the 4gb card only or both 2gb and 4gb.


Quote from: Nebulon on October 05, 2014, 05:08:57 PM
Hello, this is Nebulon the project lead for:



Features:

  • Over 100 playable characters.
  • Over 150 stages.
  • Most characters have been edited, remade, or added to.
  • All characters have everything they need to fit in with the original brawl cast (including CSPs, SFX, etc...) with the exception of WIP characters.
  • Original Brawl cast remains untouched.
  • "Combo Characters" now allow for more than one character per icon, giving some movesets different variations, while others are completely different movesets.
  • Turbo Mode added from Project M(over Curry Mode)
  • All-Star Versus added from Project M(Over Angled Camera mode)
  • Stamina mode can now go up to 990 max Stamina.
  • Several 1-Player modes are fully working with clone characters (still being worked on)
  • All stages have proper music.


Roster:
This is the current roster -- (Note the pictures used in the image are not the in game icons or portraits. This is just meant to show who's included).



Characters are ALWAYS being added/edited. The characters on the bottom are combo characters, meaning they share an icon with another character.

Including Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS, and the three Pokemon, there are currently 103 characters included in Brawl4All and counting.

**Any suggestions regarding movesets are welcome!**


Most Recent Updates:  

  • Doubled number of stages. Here is what the the two stage selection screen looks like now:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


  • Geno has been added.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Future Plans:

Currently the team is working on:


  • Working on Galactaknight
  • Working on Piccolo
  • Combining Link and Dark Link into one slot

Things that will be worked on in the future (that I'll reveal for now ;) ):

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Team Members:

These are all of the people working on Brawl4All.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Downloads:

(4GB)

Version 3.5: Download

REMEMBER, for 4GB users, to change the stages, press X and Y on the Gamecube controller or - and A on the Wii-mote.

NOTE!!!!! The patch is named Kirby. Open the .rar and replace the Kirby folder in the build in both RSBE and RSB4 with the folder in the .rar. Go to Private>Wii>App>RSBE(And then RSB4)>Pf>Fighter>and replace the Kirby folder. Part 2 is the Code patch. Take the RSBE01 and put it in the codes folder right inside the 4GB rar. Replace the old one and you won't have random freezes. All-Star mode will not work however.

(2GB and Dolphin compatible)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wrls8z5helmrf//NEB%20DOLPHIN

Wishlist/request list:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


PSA Credits (Will be updated before February 7th release)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Update Logs



January 21, 2015

It's been a while.  ;)

I'm amazed that some of you thought I was done with the project... definitely not done. Not by a long shot. In fact, since I know how boring it's been on the thread, I'd like to share with you all what myself and Itman have been working on. I need to do this more as it's probably annoying that I occasionally release the latest build and then just sort of fall off the face of the Earth. So I'll try to show more pictures of what we've got going on in the future, and if I for whatever reason don't, reminding me won't be annoying. I sometimes forget that people actually care about the things we're working on as we're working on them.

But moving on... what's been going on?

I've fixed some more issues with characters, little balances here and there. I'm actually pretty happy with most of the characters (keyword "most") since I feel the edits that the team has done, along with the edits that people have sent me, have all around made for an awesome roster. Some things that come to mind are Knuckle Joe using a Ness module, which means he'll be able to charge his smashes properly, Spiderman's web can now can now be interrupted once the hitbox connects, etc etc little damage edits, speed frame modifiers here and there, that sort of thing :)

But the biggest things may just be:

Kirby/Fighter Kirby Combo character and Geno!



There they are :) in the game, on the CSS, making it a nice box!

Geno has been finished. He retains most of his moves from the PSA and is a joy to play :) I've played him so much recently, and I can tell you that he's definitely one of my favorites (Yes I have favorites among my selection of PSAs :) )




And here we have Fighter Kirby:



As with the previous combo characters, NONE of the original character's attacks, attributes, really ANYTHING has been changed. So both Kirbys exist on the same slot and can be switched through and through like costumes :)

He's also very fun to play, he's much more aggressive than Kirby, but easily punishable, so be careful out there.  :kdance:


I did say "But the biggest things may just be" Keyword "-things-"

That's because in addition to these new characters joining the roster, I've hard at work setting up these:



But how many levels? Using Don Jon's Dual roster code, we were able to basically duplicate the RSBE folder, so that now, because there's dual RSBEs, there are two sets of stages. :) There is more that can be done with the code, but I want the characters and the costumes on both RSBEs to be the same. But we're looking into other fun ways to do it, and I'll have a poll up in a few days asking a new question regarding the possibilities of the code.

The toughest part was making the stages organized on one Selmap and the other, since I'm trying to keep them in order, while also putting them over proper stages and portable stages, while also trying to put stages in places where they won't require too much track replacing, etc etc etc etc etc. This is the 95% mark for this. Right now the only 2 stages that don't have a proper replacement are Hanenbow (sp?) and Smashville, though I'm looking into it. That means 156 stages are selectable, with the first 2 pages being for Brawl, Melee, 64, and a few misc stages, and the last 2 pages being reserved for brand new stages submitted to the vault. All of them have been tested, the music was tested etc etc, basically this process was tough since the amount of things that can go wrong here is enormous... which is why it's been so long. :) In the future, if a level expansion from PW is available, then that will probably be used instead of this code, OR along with this code depending on the capabilities. And in the future is the code is modified for a 3rd set of stages, then I'll have to upgrade my card to a new one :)

I'll give instructions on how to use the code properly in the next release, but cards are a good segway into another topic...

Obviously, with the amount of stages and music I packed into this, this build will only be available on a 4 GB card I now not everyone is happy about that, but really there isn't a way for me to make this work on a 2 GB card unless I didn't use new music or cosmetics... so options are limited. I'm also reviewing the poll and I can see that there is a good lot of you that still use 2 GB cards.

Because of this, I will give the 2 GB version of the pack "life support". IT will have the levels is currently has now, but it will be updated with roster additions over time, just as the new 4 GB one will be.

I will keep the 2 GB card on life support for a while longer... but the meat of what I will work on will be utilizing the extra space in the 4 GB card, and perhaps in the future it'll even be a bigger card. Just keep that in mind.

Obviously by now I've updated the Clone Engine used in the build thanks to PhantomWings and his recent updates. :)

And other than that, that's about all I've got. Before the next release I'd like to:

Finish up a few more level related issues.
Get another character in.
Look into getting All-Star multiplayer to work.

And a few secret things here and there  ;D

We've also got a new member to the team, give a round of applause to BrawlBoy22 :) He's helping me out with a few things right now that shall remain secret (unless he'd rather talk about them :) ). He's been a great person to work with, so hopefully we'll have more interesting content coming in bigger loads now that the primary team has increased.

That's all folks!

Just know that it's coming. This update won't have as many characters, but it will have edits that make characters play more smoothly (I'll keep those secret) and it will start a foundation in which we have 156-8 levels to play on :)

So stay tuned, keep talking to me, pming me, whatever you gotta do.

Release date for all of this? N/A. :) It's safer that way. But it's coming. And it might be worth getting your hands dirty with a 4GB card and PM's loader. I'm just saying  :af:





Hello, I am a new user who has recently downloaded this hack pack. I use USB Loader GX and I have a 2GB SD card. When I click on the "BRAWL" button in the "X GROUP" menu, the game suddenly freezes. Please help

Quote from: fikthenig on June 26, 2015, 06:50:43 AM
:happy: >Di a, a huge fan of your build. Will this work on a usb flash drive that is 4gb
also, do you switch the kirby file for the 4gb card only or both 2gb and 4gb.



I don't know... Aha I don't use a flash drive. I get asked this a lot so if anyone has an answer could they pm me or tell me here? I'll update the OP with this information.

Quote from: Cheese on June 27, 2015, 03:49:11 AM
Hello, I am a new user who has recently downloaded this hack pack. I use USB Loader GX and I have a 2GB SD card. When I click on the "BRAWL" button in the "X GROUP" menu, the game suddenly freezes. Please help

I don't use the USB method so I wouldn't know how to diagnose the problem :/





But I do have an update to share with everyone.

I'll update the OP very soon.

The code for the 3rd page is complete... And we've got even more plans, and a release date. Stay tuned.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

oh. oh you are still doing this? sweet. im pretty much done with the sonic shadow fusion psa if you still want it. all thats left is to make the up-b not spamable and to tweak the final smash. then beta 1 will be done
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This is for the people who are inquiring about USB method... I actually tried it a while back and its very slow and does not work with brawlex at all. even without brawlex the game will move slowly. So for this pack SD cards only. :)