Brawl 4 (build has been removed)

Started by Nebulon, October 05, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?

Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.
Which sfx have you gotten done already?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I talked about it here. It's easier for me to just quote this then retype it. It should answer your question :)

Quote from: Nebulon on October 20, 2014, 03:41:32 PM
I'm on my phone and wanted to give a bigger update and reapond to everyone, but doing that on my phone would be tough so I'm going to say give a mini update now just to tell people what I've been working on.

So, I've made sf packs for Bomberman, Ryu, Scorpion, Viewtiful Joe, Raptor.

I set up packs for Tails, Waluigi, Knuckle Joe, Grayfox, Naruto, Sephiroth.

This is in top of Mewtwo, Pichu, Young Link, Goku, Buu, Deadpool, Megaman, Megaman X, Shadow, Roy.

Some characters like Dark Link, Gerudo Wizard, Dark Samus, Dr. Mario, Hector, who all are okay with me since they sound like their original movesets.

This is also on top of characters like Scott Pilgrim, Metal Sonic, Marisa, who are silent and don't need sounds.

I have to make sounds for Vegeta.

I have to put together sounds for Cloud, Broly, Lucina, and Dante.

And Alejandro is working on Knuckles, Spiderman, Wolverine and Zero.

I also fixed a glitch with Ganondorf and one of Lucario'ssounds. All in all I'm hoping to release the update in 4 days.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

I meant, like, which character over which boss. Are there enough boss sfx for all those characters?

I know Shadow has been done over Crazy Hand, at least the one on the vault is.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Crono (Br3) on October 20, 2014, 05:48:47 PM
I meant, like, which character over which boss. Are there enough boss sfx for all those characters?

I know Shadow has been done over Crazy Hand, at least the one on the vault is.
Quote from: Crono (Br3) on October 20, 2014, 05:48:47 PM
I meant, like, which character over which boss. Are there enough boss sfx for all those characters?

I know Shadow has been done over Crazy Hand, at least the one on the vault is.
Quote from: Crono (Br3) on October 20, 2014, 05:48:47 PM
I meant, like, which character over which boss. Are there enough boss sfx for all those characters?

I know Shadow has been done over Crazy Hand, at least the one on the vault is.

Well let me see if I can remember...

All the bosses are used wxcept for Tabuu and Ridley aince those PsAs use those sounds.

Assist trophies Waluigi, Knuckle Joe, and Grayfox are in use for those characters.

As far as enemies... This won't be a complete list but I'll say what I canremember right now:

Boobas
Dekakuribo
GalFire
Ghama (I think)

....

And Alejandro will be using Kokkon... And three others..

I'll give you a full list later I'm on my phone at work.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Sure, thanks ;D
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: KWVance on October 17, 2014, 12:33:00 PM
found some wierd glitch...i tried to fight with young link, pichu, mew2, and dr mario, and did a brawl, pichu died first, but after that mew2 retained his sounds. so mew2 was going PICHU. PICHU. PIII.. not quite that often, u had to listen for it, but it was definitely there.

Post Merge: October 17, 2014, 05:03:53 PM

Spider-Man Fix:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9oLLmkzdtpqbmpYNWJLODZEdFk/view?usp=sharing

Edit:
for some reason the pictures got mixed up, im fixing them now

Edit:
fixed it
rename fitspiderman03 to 04
rename 04 to 05
and 05 to 03
it works perfectly

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/3778691
It's sad to see Blaze go, but I'm sure Roll should fill in that gap finely.  (Still don't like Dragonite outside of his Final Smash)
Also, Mewtwo's voice glitches when fighting Pichu.
<- I Support MM8BDM!

OP updated. :angel:
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Question:

Do you have Deadpool with SFX over a boss, or Shadow without conflicting GFX?

I just finished adding Deadpool's cosmetics and announcer call to my own build, and I was going to get started on porting its SFX from Snake to a boss, but it appears to me that you already did so. Would you mind sharing?

As for Shadow, since it was you the person to make the GFX fix tutorial, you got it done so to your own?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on October 22, 2014, 06:36:59 PM
Question:

Do you have Deadpool with SFX over a boss, or Shadow without conflicting GFX?

I just finished adding Deadpool's cosmetics and announcer call to my own build, and I was going to get started on porting its SFX from Snake to a boss, but it appears to me that you already did so. Would you mind sharing?

As for Shadow, since it was you the person to make the GFX fix tutorial, you got it done so to your own?

Well if memory serves, Shadow and Sonic share an ef_file with some extra PSA work that makes it so that their gfx do not conflict.

Feel free to use anything I make :) I put it up for download for people to use in any way they wish.

And Deadpool is over a boss as well. He's sawnd 322. and his Fighrerconfig is set up for it so I'd swipe that too to make it easier.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

I just tested, and, at least in the version I have, Shadow's Chaos Spear (side-B) conflicts with Sonic's running trail (from running animation and "you're too slow" taunt).

If player 1 chooses Shadow and player 2 chooses Sonic, then Chaos Spear will be replaced by Sonic's running trail and the running trail will also appear during neutral air.

If player 1 chooses Sonic and player 2 chooses Shadow, then Sonic's running trail will be replaced by Shadow's Chaos Spear.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote

As for Dante, well, as it stands he doesn't feel quite right for my build so I've been trying to decide what to do with him. I like the character outside of Smash Bros, but his PSA needs a lot of work to feel more like the other inclusions... so at this point in time I am unsure of what to do about him.
Have you tried Jrush's Dante PSA? its completely different from the one you are using right now.
Also have you considered adding Lloyd or Asch? There are PSAs for both and Lloyd already has a BrawlEX version with his own sfx too.
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: br3compactor on October 23, 2014, 02:50:26 PM
I just tested, and, at least in the version I have, Shadow's Chaos Spear (side-B) conflicts with Sonic's running trail (from running animation and "you're too slow" taunt).

If player 1 chooses Shadow and player 2 chooses Sonic, then Chaos Spear will be replaced by Sonic's running trail and the running trail will also appear during neutral air.

If player 1 chooses Sonic and player 2 chooses Shadow, then Sonic's running trail will be replaced by Shadow's Chaos Spear.

Try downloading it again.

I didn't have GFX issues when using it.

I'd say "use the Shadow from my pack, but it'll conflict with Knuckles and others.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

this makes me almost want to get back to brawl modding.

almost.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Onii-chan on October 24, 2014, 12:23:47 AM
this makes me almost want to get back to brawl modding.

almost.

It's it wrong for me to say I'm flattered? :)

As far as I know, everything you've been a part of has turned out fantastic on Brawl Vault. I wasn't aware that you were no longer modding.

If you ever want to get your hands dirty with modding again, I'd be more then privileged to have you help out my build in any way :)



In other news for Brawl 4 All users and lurkers, as I mentioned in the OP I put in the Smash 4 Lucina/Marth combination PSA I helped out with. The funny thing is I know more about EX then I do about PSAing. With some help from (at the time) Kitsuchan and Don Jon BravoEX I did what seemed theoretically possible after pming PW and accomplished the boss slot addition, as well as utilizing the random bits of data you could string into making more slots. Now I'm using enemy sfx ids and what not now that configs exist for an easier look into the coding of the characters, which isn't ground breaking, but something that apparently a lot of you are excited for according to my inbox.

But with my experience with helping Batman64 with the sound effects for Lucina and Marth combo, I decided as the build lead, I need to learn more about PSA. I know plenty of things, aside form animating, but admittedly, I need to learn a bit more as I feel combining PSAs will guarantee a brighter future for all pack builders, as the clone engine will meet it's cap off with the next update (or so I assume. I haven't spoken to PW in months). It's the ultimate space saver, and can really provide options for players who maybe want to be 64 PSA Link, or maybe feel that Dr. Mario isn't different enough for his own slot.

So I'm going to do some more research and see if I can't do more of that.

Right now I'm working on one with Batman64. It'll be included in the new update, but it will be a surprise. As to when I'm going to update it, that could follow one of two patterns:

1. If there's enough demand, I never have a problem just putting it up, so I could always just update it with enough demand via pm.

2. When I feel it's "leveled up" so to speak. Before I update it, I want to replace the Lucina move set I have with one of the move sets that ITman has been working with. ITman was also kind enough to look into some of my wishlist items and help me out since I've been swamped with SFX things (and he's much more knowledgeable then I am about PSA commands). I also want to finished the SFX packs before I update. So to put that into perspective: at least 4 more SFX packs, one PSA replacement and one more dual PSA fusion I helped work on :)

Now I'll address some people individually as there's been chatter on the thread I haven't responded to:

Quote from: ZX_RendingSaber_XZ on October 23, 2014, 03:26:25 PM
Have you tried Jrush's Dante PSA? its completely different from the one you are using right now.
Also have you considered adding Lloyd or Asch? There are PSAs for both and Lloyd already has a BrawlEX version with his own sfx too.

I have considered Lloyd and Asch. Lloyd is a PSA I'd include if it didn't break one of my rules. The lack of grabs means that unfortunately it doesn't make the cut. However to my knowledge, the creators are working on it still, and I talked to one of them and so it's likely he'll be put in a future update once the PSA is updated :) As for Asch, I do not believe I have a connection to him. I've completed 459 console games and I haven't played the game he is from. That bring said, I have no problem including him, but I'd want to do research and make sure that I bring in other alternate models form the series on other characters so that I don't just have a random enemy character in the build. OR I could re-skin him, but I'm iffy about that. He's definitely been a potential though. He'll have a better chance of coming in if PW updates the CSS to hold all of his slots and boss slots what with some of the plans I have for characters and future inclusions. But if PSA fusion takes off, who knows?

As for the Dante one, while I enjoy it, I have issues with it too. I think the best thing to do would be to combine the current Dante PSA and his to achieve a more unique and functional character. To use my rubric as a reference, I'd say that Jrush's PSA captures the character completely and showcases it in all of his animations. But the one I use feels more grounded alongside other Brawl characters. It wouldn't be hard to combine the parts I like about both so, perhaps I'll combine them in the future.

Quote from: GameAndWatcher on October 22, 2014, 05:30:50 AM
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/3778691
It's sad to see Blaze go, but I'm sure Roll should fill in that gap finely.  (Still don't like Dragonite outside of his Final Smash)
Also, Mewtwo's voice glitches when fighting Pichu.

Roll plays great :) I enjoy her a lot. I've gotten reports about that so I'll definately look into it soon and see if I can't make sense of it. I have a feeling it's something I did when I was modifying the Mewtwo PSA. By chance, is it just Mewtwo that uses Pichu's clips, or does Pichu use Mewtwos as well?

Quote from: KWVance on October 21, 2014, 06:36:09 AM
Edit:
fixed it
rename fitspiderman03 to 04
rename 04 to 05
and 05 to 03
it works perfectly

I'll be sure to use those costumes you fixed :) Thanks for linking it!



I don't think I left anyone out but if I did then feel free to pm me :)

I hope to get everything wrapped up soon and I hope to be involved in more PSA fusions!

Thank you everyone for checking back. Working on this pack is a great experience. Have fun!
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822