Project Wolf Link

Started by windhunter7, June 07, 2015, 11:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Brawl fighter should I replace so that both Link and Wolf Link can be played? Hint: Zelda fighters are not on the list for a reason. Please read the post first.

Bowser
2 (1.9%)
Captain Falcon
2 (1.9%)
Charizard
0 (0%)
Diddy Kong
4 (3.7%)
Donkey Kong
0 (0%)
Falco
1 (0.9%)
Fox
0 (0%)
Ice Climbers
2 (1.9%)
Ike
2 (1.9%)
Ivysaur
8 (7.4%)
Jigglypuff (Note: I accidentally forgot to put King Dedede here, so he's at the bottom of the list instead.)
6 (5.6%)
Kirby
0 (0%)
Lucario
5 (4.6%)
Lucas
1 (0.9%)
Mario
3 (2.8%)
Marth
1 (0.9%)
Meta Knight
1 (0.9%)
Mr. Game & Watch
5 (4.6%)
Ness
3 (2.8%)
Olimar
18 (16.7%)
Pikachu
1 (0.9%)
Pit
9 (8.3%)
R.O.B.
5 (4.6%)
Samus
1 (0.9%)
Snake
2 (1.9%)
Sonic
1 (0.9%)
Squirtle
1 (0.9%)
Wario
1 (0.9%)
Wolf
13 (12%)
Yoshi
3 (2.8%)
Zero-Suit Samus
3 (2.8%)
King Dedede
4 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Quote from: The Demon on July 02, 2016, 09:49:27 PM
Ivysaur seems to be the most appropriate choice for me. Just stop all of the pokemons from switching.
like in Project M

Quote from: The Demon on July 02, 2016, 09:49:27 PM
Ivysaur seems to be the most appropriate choice for me. Just stop all of the pokemons from switching.

Technically, Ivysaur is already one of the 4 characters that his non-PSA model will be imported over. However, the moveset will be over Link and just .rel ported to Olimar.

Quote from: windhunter7 on July 04, 2016, 12:10:49 AM
Technically, Ivysaur is already one of the 4 characters that his non-PSA model will be imported over. However, the moveset will be over Link and just .rel ported to Olimar.
this is getting confusing now, how could you put wolf Links model on ivysaur without the moveset?

Because both Wolf Link and Ivysaur are quadrupeds; in fact, of the four that I'm rigging him over, Ivysaur will actually be the easiest.

Quote from: windhunter7 on July 04, 2016, 03:41:42 PM
Because both Wolf Link and Ivysaur are quadrupeds; in fact, of the four that I'm rigging him over, Ivysaur will actually be the easiest.
but you still need to make a wolf link moveset, wolf link cant have ivysaurs moveset

Well he can, I'm just saying that I'll have the model imported over Ivysaur, Bowser, and Yoshi, and then I'll have a moveset over Link, but have the character slot be replacing Olimar's character slot.

i honestly wouldnt mind you just releasing a version over ivysaur with graphics tied to his normal moveset for now.. lol

Exactly; just like Arcanine over Ivysaur makes a little bit of sense, as well. Though, I am going to give the Ivysaur import different colors and models and stuff for his moveset; just no animation or coding changes or anything.

that would be perfect, perhaps a version without midna on his back? for those of us who find her rather uh, disturbing? lol like a optional model?

If you want to remove Midna, she'd be separate polygons that you could delete if you wanted. However, because of things like Yoshi's tongue and Ivysaur's whipvines, since those could be explained by Midna's giant hand, I have planned for only Bowser to not have Midna. I guess, though, it might not be a half-bad idea to put alternate versions without Midna, though, for those who aren't picky. Added the idea to the OP. Thanks! :)

oh ok i see what you mean now, it just confused me at first

Same here
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey windhunter7, I'm wondering how your progress is going on for Wolf Link :af:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Oh, haven't resumed yet; gonna resume when I finish all of my requests, which might take a couple months or a couple weeks; I don't even know; I just know that I have a full-time job and go to school full-time, and am backed up with requests that I'm doing as quickly as possible.