Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Same, with reverse endianness. So it's easy to change moveset params at least to match both versions.

I figured out how to make custom My Music tables. I'm gonna attempt to max out at 40 songs per stage.

Answer's probably no, but I wonder if it's possible to give Omega stages their own soundtracks. Would be effing neat.

Huh I'm gonna see if I can try to edit the 3ds files. Thanks for the info.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 10, 2015, 11:04:29 PM
Answer's probably no, but I wonder if it's possible to give Omega stages their own soundtracks. Would be effing neat.

At this point it's not doable. Once the game engine is figured out even more, I'd hope it can be done.

I was just wondering, since Omega stages most likely have their own slots that may technically be used for new stages once the engine is cracked.

By sharing slots they share music, but yes, stage designs including platforms etc could easily be changed - just look at how different each omega stage is, comparing FD to boxing ring to pac land etc.

ever seen Kapedani's PM build? we can basically do that. but 9 times easier.

Amazing news. I figured out how to add new music to the game. Specifically, these are in addition to the songs already in the game. I made the game load snd_bgm_CUSTOM01.nus3bank, and also added back 3 songs from Brawl that were cut. I have to try to add song titles and adding them to My Music and the Sound Test, but the fact that the music is expandable makes me extremely excited.

40 songs per stage will be even more customizable. I really will just need help making a GUI for all of this.

If only I paid attention during the gui section of class lol

Congrats on the breakthrough!


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thank you based Soneek
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


The music expansion should work with the 3DS version as well, as the files I'm modifying are the same format between both versions.

Damn, that's amazing. Looking forward to starting to mod this game myself. ^_^

Soneek OP as a mofo. This [censored] hype af.

Y'all mentioned editing moveset params earlier - how, exactly? The main thing used to edit movesets atm (Sm4shcommand over on gbatemp) doesn't have any compatibility with parameters at all, and I'm not sure what to change involving literally staring at the hex values for [censored].

;-;

Yes, I'm quite sure it's hex editing.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


December 12, 2015, 04:32:03 PM #88 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:33:46 PM by Soneek
I used dantarion's site as a reference for the hitbox command IDs, then wrote a script to find all of them and change the downwards angled ones to have a flame effect, and everything without any effects to have a coin effect.

Also, 8-Player Smash can be enabled on all stages. Start at 2:53.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfMgThz4WYU&t=173s

I know it's mostly just hex editing atm, but I look through, say, Falco's params for the point where his IASA for a given move would be and cant find anything relating to it.