Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Oddly enough, when checking the scripts with kjp, we couldn't find anything relating to iasa in a majority of moves.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on December 12, 2015, 06:42:55 PM
Oddly enough, when checking the scripts with kjp, we couldn't find anything relating to iasa in any moves.
Fixed. :v

To add to this, I compared a Smash 4 character with their Brawl counterpart for a move I know has IASA, but found jack squat in the Smash 4 character.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I don't remember checking every move v:

But kjp is right. Even with moves we know have iasa frames, we couldn't find anything relating to it.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 12, 2015, 07:18:53 PM
Fixed. :v

To add to this, I compared a Smash 4 character with their Brawl counterpart for a move I know has IASA, but found jack squat in the Smash 4 character.

Have you guys only looked at the animcmd files? There may be something in the param files for each fighter. I'm not sure though.

I've mainly been checking the param files, can't find the IASA values I'm looking for. No way it's directly locked to the animations..

I'm using AnimCmd, so I have to open the Directory, rather than the files themselves.

I read a mention of another program that edits Smash movesets as well though. Does that open the files themselves?

Though I thought I saw something that related to IASA, but when I went to look again to verify, it wasn't there.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Is Sm4shCommand the same as AnimCmd? I must have mistaken Sm4shCommand as a different program then. My bad.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

They're the same program, but I think Sm4shCommand is the latest name for it.

Huh. Well, my bad for the confusion.

Someone over on GBAtemp has made a (slightly-half-assed) Melee Sheik, I've got layouts for a few characters already, and I'm currently working on Shulk with framedata\autocancels that aren't complete [censored] for aerials. Making the romfs for it rn, actually.

If I could get my hands on the 1.1.2 files, I'd play around with Palutena ( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) to try out some buff ideas I had.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 12, 2015, 10:09:10 PM
I'd play around with Palutena ( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) to try out some buff ideas I had.
KJP, no.
[spoiler]KJP, NO.
[move][/move]

You wouldn't really need the 1.1.2 files to mess with Palutena, but if you really need them, you can dig the internet for it.

Or hunt someone down who does already.

Or dump it all with a kernel 3DS or (insert requirements here) wii u.

I believe 1.1.2 has the Lightweight bug patched. Either that or 1.1.1.

Quote from: Tawa Hoda on December 12, 2015, 10:35:49 PM
KJP, no.
[spoiler]KJP, NO.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

December 14, 2015, 02:22:03 AM #104 Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:34:06 AM by Soneek
My personal current to-do list, and help is welcomed:

BRSTM to NUS3Bank script
Finish offline NUS3Bank inserter/appender
Add extra SFX clips to voice/SFX NUS3Banks, then load through animcmd/sound.bin files
Add and display song titles, source game, and descriptions for additional song slots (involves sound/config/bgm_property.mpb, ui/message/sound.msbt, and param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin)
Finish patch resource modifier to load any custom file with proper flags
GUI for managing music files, My Music settings, and song titles, etc.
Update Smash Custom Music website to generate sound.msbt file based off template lists

To be done by someone:

Convert models to editable format, modify, then reinsert (use RTB's maxscript as a reference)
Finish subroutine hash table for PSA related stuff (use dantarion's site and Sammi Husky's tool as current reference)
Figure out stage collision data
Animations (.omo files)
GUI for texture editing (for now needs texconv2.exe, but hoping to move to non-SDK tools)

Documentation at OpenSA Wiki

I have a lot of clarifying to do on stuff, since I've mainly been writing scripts with no looking back, just to make sure I can get things working. If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I'll answer as well as I can.

Added to OP.