Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So, as some of know, I've been successful in loading custom content in Smash U. Dantarion and I are the only people that have been working on the game. If you have any specific questions that aren't in the FAQ, post them here, and I'll answer it if it's impossible for you to find out on your own.

FAQ
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The music was the easy part, and the format has been downloadable on Brawl Custom Music for most of this year (same format in both 3DS and Wii U music). I will write a BRSTM to Smash NUS3Bank converter for less porting of songs, since that's exactly what I implemented into BCM. Important music notes are below:

Audio notes for Smash U
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I can edit textures
I did a model swap, placing Chrom's model from Robin's final smash over a Marth slot. It sort of worked, and there's a lot to fix.

One big thing I need to learn about is the model format, and I'm reading RandomTBush's maxscript for importing Smash U models into 3dsmax. I want to start off small, and test vertex hacks. If anyone wants to help out with this, we can work on a vertex injector.

12/13/2015 Notes:
My personal current to-do list, and help is welcomed:

BRSTM to NUS3Bank script
Finish offline NUS3Bank inserter/appender
Add extra SFX clips to voice/SFX NUS3Banks, then load through animcmd/sound.bin files
Add and display song titles, source game, and descriptions for additional song slots (involves sound/config/bgm_property.mpb, ui/message/sound.msbt, and param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin)
Finish patch resource modifier to load any custom file with proper flags
GUI for managing music files, My Music settings, and song titles, etc.
Update Smash Custom Music website to generate sound.msbt file based off template lists

To be done by someone:

Convert models to editable format, modify, then reinsert (use RTB's maxscript as a reference)
Finish subroutine hash table for PSA related stuff (use dantarion's site and Sammi Husky's tool as current reference)
Figure out stage collision data
Animations (.omo files)
GUI for texture editing (for now needs texconv2.exe, but hoping to move to non-SDK tools)

Documentation at OpenSA Wiki

I have a lot of clarifying to do on stuff, since I've mainly been writing scripts with no looking back, just to make sure I can get things working. If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I'll answer as well as I can.

Happening Level: [IT'S]

I hope moveset editing becomes a thing. I would be glad to edit files for testing if moveset editing comes under way and if there's a said way to make edits.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Oh hey, I was watching you on twitch yesterday or Friday, it was pretty cool ^-^.

Anyways, good luck with your progress, would love to see a guide on adding custom songs when the exploit is ready for release.

This thread has made my Monday a beautiful morning, lol.

I will definitely get involved once the music and stages area develops more.

Speaking of moveset editing, thanks to SammiHusky, it's possible, but I just need testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/179zukguna9f9pi/body.zip?dl=0

The character in this test is Captain Falcon. The only edit I made was making the third part of his jab do 10 damage, rather than 5.

If anyone is able to test this for me, please provide results.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 07, 2015, 12:43:32 AM
Speaking of moveset editing, thanks to SammiHusky, it's possible, but I just need testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/179zukguna9f9pi/body.zip?dl=0

The character in this test is Captain Falcon. The only edit I made was making the third part of his jab do 10 damage, rather than 5.

If anyone is able to test this for me, please provide results.

I have to wait for my 2nd console to come in the mail before I test, since my current one stopped loading webkit code for some reason.

That's fine. I can wait.

I know you said the exploit is closed source, but is there a page in which we can see/read its progress?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

There's really only the Wii U Hacking and Homebrew Discussion on GBATemp.

One thing I do wanna do with the animcmd files is to try and load non-existent sound IDs. I have a feeling we shoud be able to add IDSP entries to NUS3 archives. I have my IDSP builder finished, and my source will be on Github later for anyone that wants to implement the process. It's easier than the process of building a BRSTM from scratch.

I don't expect anyone and everyone to follow Soneek on YouTube, but you [censored]ing should! Specially if you're interested in this subject and want to kept in the loop. This is a hacking forum after all.

Anyway, most recent video is below:

http://youtu.be/j8DS99mnQFM

It has the general music hacking, as well as some more model hacking/imports.

This time, Chrom is over Ike, and of course that's a much better fit.

In the video you'll find other imports such as Blaziken over Captain Nipple and Shadow over Sonic.

This video answers a let of my questions such as the imports being a 1-slot, and also being able to have the original character at the same time of the import. A resemblance to Brawl hacking.

The legs issue is still at hand, but I'm assuming this can be fixed and it is just a rigging/bones issue with the model.

#Discuss

Notice how Chrom's legs only mess up when in Idle or similar poses.

It might have something to do with slope events.

As for moveset editing, I would try something more advanced if the Events were further defined. (Looking at you, Sammi. <:v)
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Holy crap. I'm subbing to this [censored], yo.

One thing to note, most characters will have different models for 4 player matches and 8 player matches by default. I'm researching with Dantarion to see if we can add more music slots, and hopefully costume slots too.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on August 07, 2015, 08:41:41 PM
Notice how Chrom's legs only mess up when in Idle or similar poses.

It might have something to do with slope events.

As for moveset editing, I would try something more advanced if the Events were further defined. (Looking at you, Sammi. <:v)

Made these same assumptions too.

THis post pretty much sums up my thoughts :v


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 07, 2015, 10:01:18 PM
Holy crap. I'm subbing to this [censored], yo.

Why would you say crap then later on same sentence say [censored]? lol.

Quote from: Soneek on August 07, 2015, 10:16:37 PM
One thing to note, most characters will have different models for 4 player matches and 8 player matches by default. I'm researching with Dantarion to see if we can add more music slots, and hopefully costume slots too.

Wheat? Very interesting. Keep us updated.