Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on March 10, 2016, 05:13:07 PM
I didn't get that Half Life joke, so it's not funny. If this is the same MarioDK from years ago, your English has improved immensely.

Now seriously though, no one is working on the 5.5.1 downgrade? To me it's like "Ok well we are good, so [censored] everyone else" mentality. I will literally pay [censored]s to do it for me. I just don't want to buy a second Wii U, when I already have one...

Soneek, where art thou? :(
yes i am the same MarioDK


Quote from: Soneek on March 10, 2016, 06:12:37 PM
Thr current 5.5.1 exploit is currently closed source, since releasing it will 100% yield a system update that patches it. Right now we really just need to force the game to load patched files thru the SD slot, by figuring out how to patch that into the game's RPX, and then load the edited RPX with the 5.5.1 ELF loader. It's easier said than done though, and I have no ETA since I'm not personally working on that.

I am still mostly doing proof of concept stuff, and handing it off for others to finish what I've started for most things. My main focus now is model stuff. I have vertex injection figured out, but I'm working on injecting vertex weights for my primary task. Mainly, my plan is to be able to take existing models in game of assist trophies, Pokémon, and other NPCs, and rig them to the bones of whoever we'd want to do a complete swap over. I'm working on Blaziken, Infernape, Garchomp, and Hydreigon to renew some of my imports from my Brawl days. I'm almost there, but there's something extra rather than just changing the bone IDs and weight ratios for each vertex.

I mainly want to have as much research finished as possible so that everyone can easily transition their experience from Brawl modding over to Smash U.

Other things I've finished are nus3bank injection, IDSP building, someone is writing a tool for music setting edits based on my research for music expansions, costume specific sound banks, costume expansion, CSS repositioning, SSS repositioning, probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.
Nice to know progress is happening instead of we are in the blind about all of this


for sm4sh modding i am hoping animation edits/maybe convertor from brawl to sm4sh some how so we can port our mods easier too will be possible too if not i dont mind redo my Goku Animations anyways(possible the first one i will do or Geno or might aswell get it over with: Shadow)
maybe a Sm4shBox (brawlbox but for smash 4)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Mariodk (edited by Grammar Nazi) on March 10, 2016, 09:13:57 PM
Yes I am the same MarioDK

Nice to know progress is happening instead of us being in the blind about all of this.


For sm4sh modding I am hoping animation edits/maybe convertor from brawl to sm4sh somehow so we can port our mods easier too if it will be possible. If not I don't mind redoing my Goku animations anyway. (Possibly the first one I will do or Geno, or I might as well get it over with: Shadow)
Maybe a Sm4shBox (brawlbox but for smash 4) will happen.
Smash Animation Bank confirmed. £5 per year.


AWESOME  :happy:

If having that feeling I did when I first heard of Brawl Modding.


hawt
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Those both look smexy as always Nano, you magnificent man you! I still can't believe that we can already do vertex mods.

So is there any place to download this mods? i would want to try them is there a ssb4 vault or website with hack links? im on 5.3.2 and i do alot of wiiu homebrew stuff already.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 12, 2016, 08:03:47 AM
So is there any place to download this mods? i would want to try them is there a ssb4 vault or website with hack links? im on 5.3.2 and i do alot of wiiu homebrew stuff already.
No they aren't public yet.

I'm on a train and I can't get off.




this is super delicious~ its like you can eat it~

however, the only thing I really want to have is unlimited Camera Control together with Stationary Camera+Movement Camera in both Replay and in matches! when that comes I will try to get on the train :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

You forgot longer replays lol
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



If you're like me, you can't STAAAAND Nano's Iron Man.

Here's Cap for you all

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Civil War incoming.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

for iron man
the yellow is off some
for captain america
the A is too big Imo
other than that
everything else is fine

Dat shield shine.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!