Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Carnage on March 19, 2016, 07:43:48 AM
technicaly there is a kernel for 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 but the team will only release the kernel if its patched by nintendo in an upcoming  update so yeah try to stay there with luck nintendo will patch it soon enough.

Can we really be sure? I'd like to think so.


Quote from: Large Leader on March 18, 2016, 11:59:48 PM
They finally put my stuff in the game.

https://twitter.com/smb123w64gb/status/710972947284893696
and
https://twitter.com/smb123w64gb/status/710973968824590337

We've been working on vertex coloring. more detail on that stuff when we get it.

GX Falcon feels...off. Can't quite put my finger on it.


Quote from: Carnage on March 20, 2016, 07:02:16 PM
~~Stuff~~
While Don's theory is pretty solid, I'm more questioning the wording of your other post. It's your word vs source material. You said
Quote from: Carnage on March 19, 2016, 07:43:48 AM
technicaly there is a kernel for 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 but the team will only release the kernel if its patched by nintendo in an upcoming  update so yeah try to stay there with luck nintendo will patch it soon enough.
which is where I would like to know your source. I don't care what you "follow". Again, the way you post is questionable as you're just giving us "your word". I'd rather read the proof, else next time, word it like Don's post where it's more of a sound theory.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Y'know, the reason we're already learning to do all the cool stuff it took us years to get for brawl is probably because of our experience with brawl, the main people involved with Sm4sh modding have more of an idea of what to do.

Quote from: DrPanda on March 19, 2016, 06:11:55 PM
So basically, we should be rooting for Nintendo to patch it.



Lmao.

Also, I can't keep paying these strippers, I'm running out of 1's.

I need to invest my money in young college students who produce hacks *Looks at Soneek*

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on March 21, 2016, 12:27:49 AM
While Don's theory is pretty solid, I'm more questioning the wording of your other post. It's your word vs source material. You said which is where I would like to know your source. I don't care what you "follow". Again, the way you post is questionable as you're just giving us "your word". I'd rather read the proof, else next time, word it like Don's post where it's more of a sound theory.
lol im not making anything up if you followed gbatemp wiiu scene you know the devs themselves said they have working 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 kernel the same devs that released 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 kernel, i wont go trough 897 pages to find the several posts the devs made confirming they have 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 kernel acess your free to browse that

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-897

if you followed gbatemp wiiu scene you should know this is all true, im not making stuff up, im not rumuring upcoming ssb4 characters its an actual fact that preety much everyone knows on  the wiiu scene like i said go trough that thread and you will find alot of info and confirmation from the devs along with pictures and such they posted, but like i said its buried on 897 pages.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Been talking with a bunch of people and reading a lot. Carnage is preeeetty much on point. Releasing the exploit would allow Nintendo to patch it. If they can't find any more entrypoints (aka, everything is patched out) the WiiU won't be hackable for any firmware after the one that patches it out. They're waiting to see the new patch released and see if there are any vulnerabilities. This is all just an assumption, of course.

But it makes sense.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

the private kernel is only given to devs atm since they believe they are the only ones who would make good use of it dev-wise.  if its true that there are numerous private kerneks(2-3), than that is why they dont leak any.
users will just acquire it for piracy and many devs are against that too lol.
its probably true tho they forget about modders like us who really need the tools to make magic.
There is a huge ongoing war right now between users and devs pertaining to this situation.

Can you really blame them Don Jon? Most people on the internet don' t know how to act and will willingly spread the exploit out of share enjoyment and "thinking of their fellow man" without thinking about it first. You have to remember that most modders are teenagers who do not think first before unintentionally screwing everyone over with the exploit. The Devs are playing the "Better safe than sorry" roll. Had to really trust anyone on the internet these days.


knowing nintendo, they properly will patch it if it will get released and abused similiar to how Hacking Pokemon on 3DS was.

but that doesnt mean that this is the last "hackable" way. it can possible come that way that in next patch, they [censored] something up and we get our mouse hole for hacking! only problem is how to find it is the biggest question
Stupid Tinypic :C

Or we can just wait for the console to die and get abandoned in it's updates.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: pikazz on March 22, 2016, 09:59:31 PM
it can possible come that way that in next patch, they [censored] something up and we get our mouse hole for hacking! only problem is how to find it is the biggest question

There's no reason to take that risk. I want the exploit as much as anyone, but I understand why they wouldn't.

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on March 23, 2016, 01:25:53 AM
Or we can just wait for the console to die and get abandoned in it's updates.

Here's to hoping!


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on March 23, 2016, 06:05:41 AM
There's no reason to take that risk. I want the exploit as much as anyone, but I understand why they wouldn't.

Here's to hoping!
never said there should be a reason to take that risk. all I said is that the hope is not all lost if the exploit gets patched out
Stupid Tinypic :C

Everytime I check this thread for new replies I'm hoping for some new valid information and updates not just some drama and greedy people lol.

Don't lie XD You're drooling for that 5.5.1 punch too =p
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!