Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Exactly what Kit said. There is an exploit around and everyone is already dying to get their hands on it when released to the public. When its available, the forum might blow up with all sorts of things seeing as the popularity is already growing now. A board has to be in place in case this happens to keep brawl and smash 4 apart, due to further development happening on that front as well.

I, along with others, are extremely sure that it won't be released any time soon. We're willing to eat our hats if it turns out to be otherwise, but we don't expect the exploit to be available any time soon. No need to rush, let's just take our time.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It'll just make it all the sweeter when it finally does get released, anyway.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on April 05, 2016, 11:48:16 AM
It's not that we can't, it's that it takes time and effort to do something like that.

People want Smash 4 stuff in here handed down on a silver platter, but forget that it takes coding expertise, bugtesting, and patience to deal with the occasional mistake error. It's not an overnight thing, specially not when being done by one person who is being unpaid for their work, and frankly, underappreciated.

So, if anyone wants to whine about how other sites already have Smash 4 mods, let them. But this place was, is, and always will be the place to go when you want to browse through mods due to the fact that we were here when others didn't take notice.
well im not asking for an entirely new bv or anything, they could just slap the ssbb character template with ssb4 characters added in, they wouldnt even need to code anything, it would be basicaly copy paste and change the pictures.They could just keep it as a placeholder template if they ever want to make it more unique and such they could make it later.

the only new code required would be a button on the main  page to switch between viewing ssb4 and ssbb, like i said a simple placeholder would be enough for now.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Segtendo on April 04, 2016, 05:42:41 PM
https://gbatemp.net/threads/blocking-wii-u-system-updates-by-url-blacklist-possible.350663/#post-4698214
You could try blocking the site that hosts the updates.

More than half of the responses are people saying it doesn't work or its "locked" their Wii U.

Is there a safer method such as Settings > Updates > Turn Off, etc. Something of that nature?

Why not connect to the Tubehax DNS server (I think that's what it is called) instead? I would think its the easiest method to block any updates. No setup is needed, just put 107.211.140.065 as the primary DNS server. You can keep the secondary one 0.0.0.0 if you would like.

I can safely say I've been using the custom DNS without a hitch (cept when I want to update a game..), which was the 107.211.140.65 IP. I don't use any other services (other than Miiverse, which loads fine still) so not like I'm missing anything interesting
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: ItalianStallion on April 06, 2016, 09:54:14 PM
More than half of the responses are people saying it doesn't work or its "locked" their Wii U.

Is there a safer method such as Settings > Updates > Turn Off, etc. Something of that nature?
I turned off the auto-updates and blocked the site. I've had no troubles so far.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: ItalianStallion on April 06, 2016, 09:54:14 PM
More than half of the responses are people saying it doesn't work or its "locked" their Wii U.

Is there a safer method such as Settings > Updates > Turn Off, etc. Something of that nature?

set your dns to tubehax along with removing standby


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: GaM3r2Xtreme on April 06, 2016, 10:16:16 PM
Why not connect to the Tubehax DNS server (I think that's what it is called) instead? I would think its the easiest method to block any updates. No setup is needed, just put 107.211.140.065 as the primary DNS server. You can keep the secondary one 0.0.0.0 if you would like.

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on April 06, 2016, 10:19:03 PM
I can safely say I've been using the custom DNS without a hitch (cept when I want to update a game..), which was the 107.211.140.65 IP. I don't use any other services (other than Miiverse, which loads fine still) so not like I'm missing anything interesting

Quote from: Large Leader on April 06, 2016, 11:14:52 PM
set your dns to tubehax along with removing standby

Hey everyone, thanks much for your responses and help on this scenario. I guess I should have disclosed that I have 0% hacks on my Wii U. Assuming TubeHax is something through Homebrew (or whatever the equivalent is called for this system).

Quote from: Segtendo on April 06, 2016, 10:44:16 PM
I turned off the auto-updates and blocked the site. I've had no troubles so far.


Auto Updates on the Smash 4 settings, or on the Wii U settings?

Nope, Tubehax is actually nothing more than a DNS server someone made dedicated to blocking Wii U updates. Its not even a homebrew. Just pop that IP in to your internet connection settings and away you go preventing any auto updates. If you already have an existing connection, just edit that and change the DNS settings from auto obtain to manual. A new screen should show up and that's where you put the IP address at.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on April 06, 2016, 11:57:46 PM
Hey everyone, thanks much for your responses and help on this scenario. I guess I should have disclosed that I have 0% hacks on my Wii U. Assuming TubeHax is something through Homebrew (or whatever the equivalent is called for this system).

Auto Updates on the Smash 4 settings, or on the Wii U settings?

Never assume, always use google (I googled it myself and it's literally the first search item). Essentially, go to system settings and go to your internet connection. Change it from automatically detect dns (or whatever is automatically detecting under DNS) and change both primary and secondary to the following:

107.211.140.065

and you're done.

Turn off auto updates from WiiU settings. I don't think it's available in Smash4.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tubehax is on my Wii U. But I'm concerned I won't be able to play Star Fox Zero when it comes out, I'm willing to bet every cent I have that it comes with a system update.

Guess it's time to pick up another Wii U, eh?

If you're on 5.5.1 you should be fine, unless they sneak in a system update. I switch my connection from Tube to my normal IP when I need to update a game, else I've yet to have anything sneak in.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I thought system updates downloaded automatically. I know you can hit Cancel on the 3DS, but I never checked on the Wii U.

And I am on 5.5.1.