Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Windhunter7's Blender Importing Tutorial(Blender to Brawl)  (Read 56953 times)
Luigis-Spaghetti
Expert Kitten

Making Brawl mods is basically my hobby =)

View Profile Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »

This is great! Happy Face So does this mean I can just make the dae file in blender and import it into brawlbox, or are there still a few steps required? Either way, this is an awesome step toward making brawl modding more accessible for everyone!

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 03:12:58 PM »

You still have to export it as .fbx and then use Autodesk's FBX Converter; but the advantages to this are that to get the actual bones, you don't have to go through a separate program, and can just directly export the .dae from BrawlBox and import it into Blender, and also, you can now import fully-rigged characters, with only minor import glitches that are ONLY rotations, so they're a LOT more fixable; especially with Brawlbox's bug on translating vertices, whereas rotating them works fine in the latest BrawlBox.

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 03:40:15 PM »

cool so do you export the model from blender as a .fbx?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 04:04:44 PM »

Yup Smiley

Silver76
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 05:33:52 PM »

Nice keep the tutorial going! (im trying to use chromebooks for brawlbox Tongue)

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »

Nice keep the tutorial going! (im trying to use chromebooks for brawlbox Tongue)
    can you even use brawlbox on a chromebook?

Luigis-Spaghetti
    Expert Kitten

Making Brawl mods is basically my hobby =)

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 03:51:35 PM »

If you use Linux OS on it. Otherwise an unmodified chromebook can't run any programs, I am almost certain

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: November 30, 2016, 04:30:20 PM »

You still have to export it as .fbx and then use Autodesk's FBX Converter; but the advantages to this are that to get the actual bones, you don't have to go through a separate program, and can just directly export the .dae from BrawlBox and import it into Blender, and also, you can now import fully-rigged characters, with only minor import glitches that are ONLY rotations, so they're a LOT more fixable; especially with Brawlbox's bug on translating vertices, whereas rotating them works fine in the latest BrawlBox.
    I'm not sure if anyone noticed but the resources downloaded are broken. I have trued googling some of them, it worked by the way, but seems pointless to leave the resources icon on top if they haven't fixed it. I'm not trying to be negative, I just think it would be easier if they worked is all.

What are all the requirements for this tutorial, or have you not gotten around to it yet?

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2016, 06:02:50 PM »

I am not in control of whether or not the resources are updated, unfortunately. As for the requirements for the tutorial, most of the requirements are how to use the programs, but here's the full list of programs needed:

Brres Viewer
    Autodesk's FBX Converter
    Blender 2.78
    BrawlBox 0.71
    BrawlBox 0.77

But yeah, I haven't 100% gotten to the requirements yet. And besides which, this whole tutorial is gonna be reworked when I update it, including that the only requirements will be the programs I just listed, which I'll provide DL links to, with the exception of rigging knowledge in Blender, which I'll only cover one method and not the other; I mean, there are actually some really good tutorials online, especially on Youtube. That's actually how I got started. So this tutorial, when I rework it, is gonna be a lot more on the conversion than the actual rigging.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2016, 10:18:29 AM »

Ok, got the part with the right leg and right arm resolved! Cheesy So yeah, finally, a way to import from Blender with NO rigging WHATSOEVER in BrawlBox needed(Although, it's smart to test the animations in BrawlBox, and if it doesn't look right, it's best to just re-rig those minor problems in BrawlBox); looking forward to making the tutorial on how to do it! Smiley

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »

You seem to be making progress on this! A free alternative to 3DS Max is awesome!

#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
    A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0

Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
    Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2016, 04:12:02 PM »

Yup; I'm working on it now, actually! It's gonna be a 3-part video tutorial, and I'm almost done with the introductions to each of the 3. All that's left to this part is the subtitles, which I should be able to finish tonight. Before school starts, my goals are to get at the very least to the actual rigging part of the tutorial, and hopefully pass that and start on the "Making the model fit the same pose", which is actually the most important crucial part of the whole process, as well as one of the most difficult parts. The second hardest and important is the rigging, and then everything else is mostly juts clicking buttons, so fairly straight-forward.

Post Merge: December 31, 2016, 04:14:43 PM
    Gonna probably be a few years, at least, before I can even figure out a little bit about how to do this with Smash 4 models. For importing to Brawl, it took me like a year or two to figure this out to perfect the process as much as possible. So I can't even imagine how difficult it'll be for me to come up with a way to do it for Sm4sh. That's gonna be a doozy. Tongue
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:14:43 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

Silver76
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: January 11, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »

So how's the video going on?

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:41 PM »

Great! I finished the introductions of all 3 parts, and also finished the whole first part, as well. Subtitles, too! However, I have not yet done the intermission between the sub-parts(i.e. the titles of each sub-section) or the raise in the volume so that it's more audible yet(Yes, I know how to do that) However, I unfortunately not only have a cold right now, which would make the tutorials not as professional(Since I'd be coughing and talking more nasily through the WHOLE thing, as opposed to through part of it), but I'm also full-time at school + Honors Club + 2 part-time jobs, so this semester's a killer; if I have time over like Spring Break, I'll continue working on it, but I doubt that I'll have time; I'll 100% have time in the summer, though. Grin

*For those who want to know about Project Wolf Link's tie into this, I did finish vertexing Midna into a riding position on Wolf Link like in TP. You'll see what I mean in the summer or so, when the tutorial is 100% complete! Wink

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: January 14, 2017, 10:51:30 AM »

Wait, it's not done? I thought you said it would be finished by mid December?

Inactive

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: