[Sm4sh Mods] (Unofficial) Patch 1.1.7: The Fan Patch [Name Pending]

Started by KingJigglypuff, May 04, 2016, 05:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

This may be too early with this, but ech.
I mentioned this a few days ago in the main Sm4sh modding thread, but for those who just lurk or don't read past thread pages, I'll give a rundown.

Ever since I've started playing Sm4sh and seeing the tier list, I've been wanting to make a balance overhaul to the majority of the cast. I would also like to eventually fix/remove/adjust various things that are jank about Sm4sh (Ex: Rage, Footstooling, Glitches, etc) when the tools are available.

My goal is to make every character viable in at least one way or another with no character being too bad to even bother with (Ex: Palutena, Zelda, etc) or too broken to even bother with (i.e. Bayonetta). Lower tier characters will be subject to various buffs, while higher tier characters will be left alone for the most part (unless an official patch overnerfed something and/or if something about them is broken).

The best I can do right now if Frame data, Attribute, and Hitbox edits, so Floating Point-related things (Ex: Witch Time, Counter damage multipliers, etc) cannot be changed at this current time until they're properly identified.

You can see the current changelist here (this pastebin will be updated as this mod progresses): http://pastebin.com/jSD8wcjM

Download: None at the moment, unless if people really want to try what I have so far.

Feel free to give your own thoughts and suggestions. Suggestions from dedicated character mains are highly encouraged.

Credits:
-SilentDo0m. Suggested edits for Charizard, Roy, Shulk, Little Mac, and Mewtwo.
-Marioking64DS. Suggested edits for Wario.
-calculusx. Ideas taken from their thread on reddit (/r/smashbros).
-DarkLordRS. Suggested edits for Mii Gunner.
-Palutena and Dedede Boards (SmashBoards). Ideas taken from discussion threads.
-Zikkh Suggested edits for King Dedede.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

PROJECT EM!?!?!?!?!

anyway. This is super cool. Puff will finally get the buffs she needs <3 I can take a crack at writing something up for her later.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Well, well. This is gonna be something.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

There's no reason for Sheik to have a godly neutral game, a godly recovery and an easy 50/50 kill opportunity from throws. If you're going to give her back her 50/50, nerf one of the other things I listed. IMO nerfing her Up B's distance (and perhaps removing the reappearance hitbox) would be the best change, as she'd keep her dominating presence on stage while actually having a weakness. I also don't see why you'd give her the old F-Air hitbox, as it was pretty ridiculous and the move is still one of the best aerials in the game.

As a ROB main here are some random things I'd like to see, but I might be a bit biased lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's about it. Only other thing I'd like to add is, consider just giving Marth his exact Brawl frame data/damage. He'd probably be balanced just fine, and super fun to play.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The reason why I reverted the 1.1.5 changes to Sheik were because I felt they were unwarranted changes, especially since Bayonetta's a thing. I could possibly revert my Forward Air revert, but I'd like to talk to people who know Shiek through and through.

Though I'll take your ROB suggestions into consideration.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Well yes, Bayonetta is a thing, but nobody wants her to be a thing (the way she is now) and you are nerfing her quite a bit, so. No reason to make Sheik S-Tier again while everyone else is A+ Tier, you know.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Not exactly my best ideas but I think Shulk could have like better frame data like 2-3 frames less startup on some moves and end lag, to make him more enjoyable.


Quote from: DrPanda on May 04, 2016, 09:18:40 PM
Sheik needs buffs.

#MakeSheikGreatAgain

Sheik? That's a weird way to spell Falco.

:falco:
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

I'm definitely going to make some Shulk edits. I believe SDo0m made some Shulk suggestions, so I'll be making those, too.

Quote from: Zikkh on May 05, 2016, 07:43:13 PM
Well yes, Bayonetta is a thing, but nobody wants her to be a thing (the way she is now) and you are nerfing her quite a bit, so. No reason to make Sheik S-Tier again while everyone else is A+ Tier, you know.
Again, I'll talk with people who know Shiek, and I'll make an attempt weed out and clear bias (for or against).

Edit: After a minor chat with someone, I'll consider reverting my changes to Down Throw. I'll also consider nerfing her needle damage potential.

Edit 2: Yeah, I'm gonna revert my changes to her throws and Forward Air, but I'll be buffing her Back Air.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Bring back the Poke-Trainer D=

er, I mean... Switch "Rock Smash" with "Flare Blitz" on Zard.. I keep doing the wrong damn moves
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on May 05, 2016, 09:04:46 PM
Bring back the Poke-Trainer D=

er, I mean... Switch "Rock Smash" with "Flare Blitz" on Zard.. I keep doing the wrong damn moves

Pretty sure that's impossible both in the realm of brawl and in smash4 solely because of float points being a thing.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Palutena is in serious need of frame data buffs. She has the tools to be a good character, but her moves are way too slow to really help her.

I agree with you 100%. Characters like Palutena are what inspired me to come up with the idea for a balance overhaul.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

You have my interest, but the fact that you listed Palutena and Zelda as first examples of unplayability over Ganondorf and are still riding the Bayonetta Is Brawl Meta Knight train has me questioning everything I know

doesn't help that un-nerfing characters that are still tournament relevant after nerfs, like especially diddy kong, is somehow considered ideal

Quote from: DarkLordRS on May 05, 2016, 11:06:00 PMthe fact that you listed Palutena and Zelda as first examples of unplayability over Ganondorf
They were just the first characters that came to mind.

Quote from: DarkLordRS on May 05, 2016, 11:06:00 PMand are still riding the Bayonetta Is Brawl Meta Knight train has me questioning everything I know
Where did I say that Bayonetta was Brawl Meta Knight? My statement proclaimed she was too powerful for her own good. I'm fine with her being combo heavy, but I'm not okay with the 0 to deaths.

Quote from: DarkLordRS on May 05, 2016, 11:06:00 PMdoesn't help that un-nerfing characters that are still tournament relevant after nerfs, like especially diddy kong, is somehow considered ideal
The revival of Hoo Hah was solely for the purpose of Memes, but I've made sure to nerf Up Air [it kills at around 150%, as opposed to mid 80% (though I may revert this if it proves to be too much of an issue]. I've also reverted my Shiek changes since the first post after some discussion with someone.

You're free to suggest your own changes though. With various characters, I'd need to weed out any bias (including my own) towards various characters to prevent overnerfing or overbuffing.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]