[Sm4sh Mods] (Unofficial) Patch 1.1.7: The Fan Patch [Name Pending]

Started by KingJigglypuff, May 04, 2016, 05:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Zikkh on May 14, 2016, 09:10:42 PM-snip
I'll consider these changes, I'll have to talk to a few others to see if these changes are warranted or not.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Footstooling is great tho :c.
I feel like rage is a fair mechanic. I play competitively. When it comes to it, its all just utilizing the mechanics properly. Glitches can begone. Don't know if this bit was useful at all...
I'm really curious how smash4 modding  will continue to develop.
Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
PSA 2.35:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
Competitive play Official thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

Rage being a bad mechanic is honestly just a super [censored]ty meme almost as bad as wavedashing being a glitch and chaingrabbing killing metagames. The only characters who "prove" how bull[censored] Rage is only do because they are, inherently, total bull[censored]- Rosa's Luma utilt, Mario's 0% up B kills, ZSS' up b ceasing to connect, etc. Far more characters benefit than not (heavies, featherweights, Meta Knight..) for it to be worth downscaling/entirely removing it

/rant

Quote from: ShadowMarth on May 15, 2016, 04:48:19 AMFootstooling is great tho :c.
I wasn't saying I was going to remove footstooling. My plans for footstooling are to decrease the base jumping height of a footstool and make footstool fall able to be teched.

Quote from: ShadowMarth on May 15, 2016, 04:48:19 AM
I feel like rage is a fair mechanic. I play competitively. When it comes to it, its all just utilizing the mechanics properly.
I'm aware there's people who don't mind rage, and I'm fine with that. I can understand there being a comeback mechanic in Sm4sh, but I feel Rage's execution wasn't all that great.

Though if I were wanting to keep Rage, I would want to tweak it so it doesn't affect moves with Weight/Fixed Knockback and decrease its effectiveness, so we don't get any stupidly early KOs or multi-hit attacks to fail.

For example, currently, Charizard's sweetspotted Forward Smash at max Rage (with no DI) can KO a Mediumweight (with a weight of 90) at around 84%, while it takes until about 109% (with no DI) for it to KO with no Rage. That's at least a 20% difference. This difference may also vary, depending on the weight of the target and how strong the attack is. If I were to keep Rage, I would want it to KO about 10% earlier. Maybe more, maybe less, but I don't want a massive 20% difference.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I had a long writeup, but then I realized it was stupid long, so tl;dr edition:

rage has downsides (downscaled combo ability, requires such an exorbitant percentage in order to be useful that the enemy will wipe you as soon as they respawn) to trying to abuse it and as i noted before the main godforsaken offenders for broken rage capacity like Rosalina are the ones who need nerfs, not the mechanic itself

pretend King Crimson dropped by to make this rant less terrible



Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

How coincidental that this would happen after people have found a way to mod the game itself.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

The changelist has been updated with Little Mac and Palutena changes.

Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 18, 2016, 12:36:07 PMHow coincidental that this would happen after people have found a way to mod the game itself.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 18, 2016, 12:36:07 PM
How coincidental that this would happen after people have found a way to mod the game itself.
Also how coincedental that there happen to be obvious balance issues left in. Why, it's almost like they do that on purpose so they have excuses to sit on until they can cite them as the purpose for putting out a mod-killing update down the line.

Or maybe I'm paranoid and there's no grand "intentional faulty balance" conspiracy. Either one. :P

They only changed Bayo soooooooo rip
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Reminder that the pulls of the Cloud patch from Nintendo's servers before it actually dropped only contained only a Mii costume and a few voice clips, omitting everything else until it's actual release.

Bayonetta was probably uploaded first as highest priority, but she's not the only change.

Quote from: DarkLordRS on May 19, 2016, 12:18:24 PM
Reminder that the pulls of the Cloud patch from Nintendo's servers before it actually dropped only contained only a Mii costume and a few voice clips, omitting everything else until it's actual release.

Bayonetta was probably uploaded first as highest priority, but she's not the only change.
Uh... That's actually not true. Nobody really knew how to extract the "packed" character files except for me and a couple of others, so they just assumed that was all that the patch had. Cloud's model, the Midgar stage, the music etc. were all in that exact same patch that was supposedly "incomplete". :V

So what you're saying is, my knees aren't just sore from jumping to conclusions, they're broken?