Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)  (Read 174125 times)
HyperHandCRazy
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2016, 11:22:58 AM »

Just out of curiosity would the game be even able to handle 105 characters like would it fit on the screen also hows the 105 characters going

Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: September 18, 2016, 08:38:21 PM »

Just out of curiosity would the game be even able to handle 105 characters like would it fit on the screen also hows the 105 characters going
    Theoretically the CSS portion of getting 105 characters working with Brawlex is already completed and linked in this thread's original post. The five additional slots have been added to the bottom right corner of the selection icons.

The problem is that there is no documentation on the code behind the Brawlex CSS Expansion. If someone could give me the older CSS expansion v1.0.1.0 or v1.0.0.0 that would help me analyze how the code works. I haven't looked into 105 characters since completing the CSS portion though.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Ghoti
    Advanced Kitten

'Ello gov'nor.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 11:13:34 AM »

Through your help and a lot of troubleshooting, I managed to get everything working flawlessly. Got BrawlEx, Stage Expansion, ASLR, and CSE all in one mod, and it's awesome. I added a clone under the slot "3F", and it worked flawlessly.

And now I've found a very bizarre problem. I cannot add any clone with a CSS slot above 3F, which is crazy, because it also cannot be below 3F (as part of the way the engine works, I believe). All CSS Slots above 3F just loop around, with 41 being Mario, 43 being Link, etc.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction once more? Dolphin hasn't been much help, and this occurs on both a Wii and Dolphin.

"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 02:42:36 PM »

This thread isn't for general Brawlex troubleshooting. If you want though, set up slot 40 to the best of your ability then compress and send me your SD card contents via personal message.

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Ghoti
    Advanced Kitten

'Ello gov'nor.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 03:07:52 PM »

This thread isn't for general Brawlex troubleshooting. If you want though, set up slot 40 to the best of your ability then compress and send me your SD card contents via personal message.

Ah, sincerest apologies.

I appreciate your offer. I've thought up a few more ideas after a short nap, but if none of those work, I'll likely send you something. You have in general been a big help to me, though, so thank you very much for your efforts!

"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

CraptainFalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: September 30, 2016, 05:01:32 PM »

Wait, isn't the CSE  v3.0 a PM code? I don't understand where I would put my custom Victory theme songs if the file location of this code changes. And also, I can remove the stages and alts from the ASRL setup right? within the code itself?

I just wanna clear up my confusion

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: September 30, 2016, 07:03:50 PM »

Although CSE v3.0 may have been designed for Project M, it works with Brawlex too. It loads sounds from ...\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm which makes more sense than the old location. As far as I can tell though the only reason to switch to CSE v3.0 is to avoid ASRL conflicts with Brawlex.

You can add/remove alts for stages and their button activators by editing the ASRL code components. The most user-friendly way to edit the ASRL is to use the ASL tool (although manual editing can sometimes be faster).

CraptainFalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: September 30, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »

AHHHH that makes sense now. So then, I would also need to make .rels for every alt stage and expanded stage right?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: September 30, 2016, 09:56:56 PM »

If you are using alt custom stages, you'll need a .rel for the base stage and every alt. Additionally, every custom stage must have the same number of alts (since they only have one entry in the ASRL code).

Alt regular stages don't need alt .rels if the alt stage uses the same .rel as the base stage.

CraptainFalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: September 30, 2016, 10:46:23 PM »

Ok I got it to work properly. Now I have one last question. Can I use the Custom SSS Code with this to add and/or remove the extra custom stages that came with the ASRL pack? There a lot of stages that I don't need and I honestly don't know how to remove the extra stages and icons lol

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: September 30, 2016, 11:49:14 PM »

Yes I slightly modified an old custom sss code as explained a few posts ago. I think this tutorial told me how to do it. https://smashboards.com/threads/stage-select-screen-tutorial-and-screenshots-outdated.241911/
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:52:38 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

HyperHandCRazy
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: October 01, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »

Has there been any updates on brawlex 105 slots

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: October 01, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »

No

CraptainFalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: October 01, 2016, 05:57:36 PM »

Ok, I used Eternal Yoshi's Maxed out CSS and modified it to my liking but when I put it in the game it crashed at the SSS. It's supposed to work with the Stage Roster expansion system right?

EDIT: Nvm, I got it to work. I added in a line of code that wasn't supposed to be there
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:40:04 PM by CraptainFalcon » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: October 21, 2016, 01:48:55 PM »

Updated the original post with Ghoti's Record ID glitch finding:
    New bug discovered:

I noticed a problem with the way BrawlEx handles single player records (Break the Targets, Multiman, etc.) It's character specific, and I can't seem to find a work around.

The issue is that playing as certain characters saves their records over other characters. For instance, King Dedede's records save as Pokemon Trainer, and Wolf saves as Toon Link. Others, like Mario and Link, save perfectly fine.

I've experimented a lot and found out that it has to be the BrawlEx Common2.pac file. I tried to set up the configs for characters to redirect the save slot, but it didn't have an effect. No codes are impacting this either. I've tried to look through Common2 but I wasn't able to determine what was causing this issue.

I contact Ebola16 about this, and he came to the same conclusion as me, that it must be either Common2 (specifically the sora_melee.rel) or the main BrawlEx .rel file (bx_fighter.rel).

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6
    Print
    Jump to: