FINISHED! Project Smash 4 Cloud 100% Completed (for now!)

Started by Lawliet, August 08, 2016, 01:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

There will be the option of 3DS and Wii U sword trace. Which one should Cloud primarily have?

3DS Trace
WiiU Trace
Here's my story. I play Sm4sh Cloud a lot, so I see the differences very clearly. Here are the noticeable ones.

Before I begin, I tested this on PM Legacy XP beta 2.0
I had to replace Ike to use Cloud and make a new wbsf file again. Was I supposed to replace Ike? Idk how to actually add Clpud but to be fair, I used a mod of Project M (Legacy XP).

I saw all the hitboxes in Training mode when I tested this way

-Harder to spam short hop auto cancel up air

-Hard to spam fullhop autocancel down air.
They both still autocancel though

-I think fair and dair don't spike. Though to be fair they both just straight up kill

-Upsmash x3 into a couple of up airs is still dumb

-Fsmash and dsmash kept respective power

-If opponent hits him while charging limit, limit is either reset or instantly charged. You already recognized this though.

-No way to stop an aerial limit charge unless interrupted, charge completes, or you land. You're screwed if you initiate it offstage. Plus you glide in the air as you do so.

-Different limit charge animation, no sound but it's a test build

-Limit blade beam only does 8 damage and decent semispike-ish knockback

-Limit cross slash does 20 and retains the relative power of the sm4sh counterpart.

-Finishing touch has quite a bit more horizontal reach. Bigger tornado

-Limit climhazzard goes really high, probably too high. Bottom blast zone to still above final destination high.

-Cross slash in general looks kinda bad. You addressed this though.

-Blade beam is a windbox at point blank. Starts to actually be a beam after close range.

-Afaik the only way to cancel limit charge yourself is to input left or right to roll that way. Shield does nothing. Grounded obviously.

-Nair still godly as ever
-Bair still good
-Up tilt has some more endlag I think
-I didn't see ftilt, dtilt, nor jab yet, woops
-Fthrow and bthrow offstage are now more dangerous in PM with higher gravity
-With that said, it's even easier to follow up up throw with an up air due to said gravity
-didn't try dthrow either
-didn't try final smash

This is pretty off track if you're trying to port Sm4sh Cloud 1:1, but if you're balancing him for these different smash games, I understand why there were a few changes

Thanks for letting me test him! Looking really good so far.

If you need anyone to test for vBrawl, I'd be glad to help. I have no idea which variables, but I know PM uses some variables differently.

Quote from: spiritneox on October 04, 2016, 01:34:18 AM
zeus if your trying to lower file size I would suggest re animated any ported animations cause the animation files also factor into how much file size a character can take this will be important to take note of if you decide to use the smash 4 models

I think I see your point there. I'll try to get the MotionEtc down to 3,500 KB or something like it in case.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

A lot of my complaints with this PSA have already been brought up, but I did notice a few things that no one else has seemed to mention.

Firstly, Limit Break stuff. I noticed that Cloud doesn't gain Limit from dealing damage. In Smash 4, Cloud gains limit once he deals 250% damage. This is super easy to do in PSA once you know what you're doing; you just have to use the "If Hitbox Connects" requirement on the SFX or GFX tabs and then have it add to whatever variable controls limit. I didn't test if Cloud gains Limit from taking damage, though there is a variable that controls damage taken. I also noticed that Limit Break persists after death, which should not be the case. Even though the meter appears to be empty if you're hit out of Limit Charge or die, the charge is stored. It's a graphical error, but it makes Cloud so much harder to play.

Secondly, Climhazzard doesn't work like the Smash 4 version at all. If this isn't meant to be a 1-1 port, than it's kind of okay, but the move goes lower than it's supposed to, and Cloud can grab the ledge at any point during the downward slash. In Smash 4, Cloud can only grab the ledge after he falls back to his starting point.

Lastly, up smash's hitbox is incorrect. If your opponent stands on one of the platforms on battlefield and then Cloud uses up smash, it does nothing. In Smash 4, the move lasts until the sword reaches behind Cloud's head, but here it only seems to connect during the swing itself. The sword trail still persists, so it even looks like the move should connect, but it doesn't.

Overall, this is a good start, but it's far from finished IMO.

It is a test build.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Can you make it compatible with gamidame_k's cloud import?

Well, sure.

The sword may need to be resized for the sword glow, though.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Is there a test build of this moveset ready to download





Hello!!

Just letting you know that I sent you a PM about Cloud on smashboard

I would like to make all my model and custom model compatible with your work!