Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26
Author Topic: Albafika's PSA Temple [Geno Beta released (10/27/14)]  (Read 172362 times)
Kagemaru
Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #360 on: November 30, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »

If we did talk about his moveset then thats fine... but I need a written version so I can look back to it.

Also, his aerials are garbage tbh... I hate pretty much all of them especially the up and down ones...

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #361 on: November 30, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »

If we did talk about his moveset then thats fine... but I need a written version so I can look back to it.

Also, his aerials are garbage tbh... I hate pretty much all of them especially the up and down ones...
    Yes, indeed. Those need to be changed. And Up and Down's are fine, but the animation sucks. Basically, he needs better animations EVERYWHERE. There's not a single one that looks decent. .-.

As for the model: I didn't know Cloud's was an HD model from KH... Ugh, guess we'll have to settle with CC's Sephiroth... But I still feel it does not fit.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #362 on: November 30, 2012, 07:35:03 PM »

Hm... Well alright.

Though you need to remember. The down aerial is pretty much a staple move in his Dissidia move set. It needs polish. Yes, but it should stay...

Not really sure why I wrote "they are fine, just need polishing"...

Forward air should remain similar in use though. It should be a good ranged spacing move. With MUCH more landing lag then it has. Or more start up... Something... Perhaps more base knock back to even out the lag. But no kill power. And his animation needs more... OOMPH! Right now, the animation seems too lifeless. It needs a sense of power behind the swing.

I don't honestly know what to do with neutral, and back air. We'll have to see what Wolfric thinks. I feel they should be something that fits with his current playstyle. great for punishing a foe from a distance, but highly punishable if used poorly... But, what SHOULD they be? What should be the use? Should back air follow the Brawl logic of being a decent kill move? Or should it simply be another means to space the foe out?

Should neutral air hit on both sides? Or something else?

...On an animation note... I almost want the laugh taunt kept. But refined... It makes me think of when he went bonkers in the flashback scene in FF7.

...Speaking of animations... These videos should help quite a bit.

Dissidia 012「duodecim」Prologus - Sephiroth ~ Costume 3 *EX Mode* {Usable} »Model Animation« HD

DFF Request Video - Sephiroth Attack Exhibithion

Watch the second one on Youtube, and read the description. That tells you what moves are used when.
    « Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:46:27 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #363 on: November 30, 2012, 07:35:48 PM »

Alba, just want to say that the ONLY PSA I am actively excited for and in anticipation for on this website at the moment is Geno. I seriously cannot wait. :3

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #364 on: November 30, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »

They do help...  a lot actually (the videos that is)

Can we not get that model into brawl? My biggest issue with Sephiroth's models are that his shoes are usually pointy... As far as a custom model goes, we just need to replace Marth's cape bones with Sephiroth's hair bones so that his hair is effected by wind. And probably use some of Marth's cape bones as wing bones as well  with the wing being set to a model changer.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #365 on: November 30, 2012, 08:05:35 PM »

Alba, just want to say that the ONLY PSA I am actively excited for and in anticipation for on this website at the moment is Geno. I seriously cannot wait. :3
    It's coming. No way I'm letting that project die! If things go as planned, he'll be coming for the holydays...

They do help...  a lot actually (the videos that is)

Can we not get that model into brawl? My biggest issue with Sephiroth's models are that his shoes are usually pointy... As far as a custom model goes, we just need to replace Marth's cape bones with Sephiroth's hair bones so that his hair is effected by wind. And probably use some of Marth's cape bones as wing bones as well  with the wing being set to a model changer.
    If I recall correctly, Dissidia's models are too low poly, specially in the hands, were most of them have only 3 fingers, or rather, an index, thumb, and the other 3 behaving as one.

I can probably make the custom rig for SS' Sephiroth. But hopefully someone else is willing to.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #366 on: November 30, 2012, 11:37:39 PM »

Well for whoever ends up doing it... this is a list of things that would be nice to have:

- Wing set to a model changer
    - Sword Rigged to Left hand (for the animations that wouldn't be custom I would just inverse the Xrot bone so that they matched)
    - Rigged fingers in alternate hand
    - Center Cape bones rigged to Sephiroth's hair (so that his hair would blow in the wind)
    - Left or Right Cape bones rigged to the Wing (so that the wing would also blow in the wind when not flapping)

I think thats it.

So for future reference, could you write down a moveset so that I could have something to reference anytime I get the urge to animate him? I'd actually switch Sephrioth to being a priority if someone volunteered to finish up Chun-Li's psaing.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #367 on: December 17, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »

What's the progress with Geno?
    I encourage you not to do that. If I recall correctly, he clearly stated that he didn't like being asked those sorts of questions.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Wasabi_Skillz
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #368 on: December 17, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »

I encourage you not to do that. If I recall correctly, he clearly stated that he didn't like being asked those sorts of questions.

Ah, my bad. I tuned in late into the thread. *deleted*

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #369 on: December 17, 2012, 05:06:21 PM »

Wrong.
    It can be annoying on most cases, yeah. But threads are all about hype anyways. I don't mind people wanting Geno to be done, on the other hand, that kind of encourages me to continue working on him. Tongue
    So he loves being annoyed here but not in PMs Tongue

Wasabi_Skillz
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #370 on: March 17, 2013, 07:12:13 AM »

I just rewatched that Geno preview. It looks too good.
     You also just necroposted

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #371 on: March 17, 2013, 08:27:36 AM »

I just rewatched that Geno preview. It looks too good.
     You also just necroposted
    I should really get back into finishing Geno and the other 2 pending projects I have... Last I recall, we finished Up B and were about to finish Side B.

Wasabi_Skillz
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #372 on: March 17, 2013, 09:13:06 AM »

I should really get back into finishing Geno and the other 2 pending projects I have... Last I recall, we finished Up B and were about to finish Side B.

I really like the way you did the beams in the attacks versus the way mariodk did beams in his attacks since his seem to stop at a certain distance, whereas normally, that wouldn't happen since it's light based. super cool. and the star idea was excellent too. it looks super official. props.

Garry Moore™
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #373 on: March 18, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »

The Geno moveset does look very promising.

If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

cupofcioffi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #374 on: April 14, 2013, 03:25:02 PM »

Can't wait for this Geno PSA to be finished.. Looks so amazing! ETA?

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26
    Print
    Jump to: