Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 633277 times)
Program
Hyper Kitten

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

• Awards Favorite'd Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #780 on: June 07, 2015, 04:37:47 PM »

You weren't rude, I'm just kinda confused, that's all.
    If you're confused about the bone thing feel free message me whenever you feel like it, and I'll do my best to answer any questions you've got. Cheers!

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #781 on: June 08, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »

So I tried to replace Link's model with a different character model, and BB froze and then crashed. I've tried it with the default Brawl characters too, and the same thing happens. Can anyone else try this and confirm it?

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #782 on: June 08, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »

it does that to me also when i try to save. best work around is import it as a model, dont replace! save, then delete original model and save again.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #783 on: June 08, 2015, 09:45:28 PM »

Ah, okay. Thank you, DSX8.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #784 on: June 09, 2015, 11:04:48 AM »

actually, hasn't the model replacing been troublesome since ever?

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #785 on: June 12, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »

Been having an issue, can someone confirm it?

When I try to vertex a huge model on Brawlbox, even if just one vertex, and even if just a little, it messes up the whole polygon it belongs to.

Example for those trying to reproduce it: try moving one vertex of the original Brawl Castle Siege's background and saving it...

EDIT: It shows correctly on Brawlbox, but is a total mess in-game

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #786 on: June 14, 2015, 04:05:25 AM »

I also have an issue. I created an alt for the 2D Marisa PSA by editing the sprites in the character's TextureData[0] BRES. The finished BRES works properly on Dolphin but shows garbled sprites on real Wiis. I tried saving the character I made with Brawlbox 0.68b, 0.71, and 0.76. Each time the filesize differed. Can someone let me know if my sprites or image compression is incorrect (I tried both LZ77 and Extended LZ77 for the .pcs)? Thanks!

2D Marisa PSA: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34047
    My 2D Suwako alt: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8gjrn0ewdxdl5z8/2D+Suwako+Dolphin+Only.rar

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #787 on: June 14, 2015, 03:21:43 PM »

Question: why are semi-transparencies messed up in BB snapshots? As in if a texture is semi transparent, it blends with the background instead of the rest of the model?

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #788 on: June 18, 2015, 10:20:18 AM »

I found out what the issue was.

Everytime you vertex a huge stage model, that polygon's vertex set changes "Force Rebuid" to True, messing up the model in-game. The solution is to expand the mdl0, expand the Vertices folder, then find the vertex set you modified. Then change "Force Rebuild" back to False. It should look alright in game then.

EDIT: My mistake. It appears that turning "Force Rebuild" off just makes it so it doesn't apply the changes to the model in fact when saving. That's why the model would stop messing up, but in the end, it didn't mess up because it didn't try to apply any changes. But there's something else I've noticed...

When looking at the modified Polygon at the Polygon folder inside the mdl0, then clicking the Vertice Collection, before editing the model, the Weighted Position shows as (0,0,0) for every vertice. Then, after editing and saving, with "Force Rebuid" set to True, new Weighted Positions are assigned, for every single one out of the over 1000 vertices.

I'm still a bit far as to the cause of the issue, and even further away of the solution, but definitely there seems to be an issue with the rebuild function, at least in this model. I'm going to go and try other big stage models, to see if the issue is the same.
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:09:32 AM by Anarchy Panty (Br3) » Logged

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #789 on: June 20, 2015, 02:25:38 PM »

Am I the only one who can't seem to get v0.74 or higher to run? Whenever I try opening, its an automatic crash for Brawlbox.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #790 on: June 20, 2015, 05:44:07 PM »

What does the error say? Also, did you try 0.76? Because that works completely fine for me.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #791 on: June 21, 2015, 12:54:19 AM »

Speaking of that, since I won't be making any more BrawlBox versions I figured I'd release the latest version with some compatibility optimizations dealing with the compiler.

I removed the updater so the program could be downgraded back to NET 4.0. That means it should be able to run on Windows XP again.

I've compiled 3 versions targeted towards specific OS bitsets as well, try out a different version if one doesn't work for you.

32-bit (should still work on 64-bit)
    64-bit (shouldn't work on 32-bit)
    Any CPU (should work on any bitset)

I also fixed bugs adding new material texture references and replacing a material or material texture reference while having at least one unused texture reference, just because I was trying to do those things and it kept crashing on me :L

Those minor bugfixes aren't in the main release because I'd have to roll out a whole new update and all that.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #792 on: June 21, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »

BlackJax96, do you have any clue as to what could be happening in my case, so that may be fixed on a future version?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #793 on: June 21, 2015, 04:33:13 PM »

I'm not really sure why it wouldn't work at all for larger models.

The entire model rendering architecture needs to be updated for better modeling support, really. The current way it does it is actually a workaround and only works for editing vertices because each vertex only has one representation, whereas the others can have multiple of the same value on different vertices, which means they would be overwritten in the value array unless it was regenerated and each facepoint in every linked object were updated with the new indices for each value.

If that was done, we could be editing normals, colors and UVs in the editor as well. We could probably even make models from scratch with a bit more work. Basically, if I kept programming BrawlBox, it would've turned into a pretty decent model editor :T

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #794 on: June 21, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »

So BJ, does that mean someone else will take over? I still have renders I can see through. D:

The black parts in the beard and eyelashes are semi-transparent. Instead of blending in the model, it's semi transparent in the picture.

Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: