Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4699369 times)
StupidMarioFan1
Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3600 on: July 30, 2012, 09:44:16 AM »

Sent you a PM to continue this so we don't get this thread sidetracked. The lack of people elaborating just HOW exactly I'm to remap is starting to bug me.   not impressed Again, it will be a cold day in Hell before I spend the time to re-rig an already rigged model.
    Well I think I remember someone saying they re-mapped the model without having to redo the rig, but didn't you say that the rigging was that hard? Or was it just time consuming? Because I hate redoing things that took like 20 or something hours to do.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3601 on: July 30, 2012, 09:58:26 AM »

Well I think I remember someone saying they re-mapped the model without having to redo the rig, but didn't you say that the rigging was that hard? Or was it just time consuming? Because I hate redoing things that took like 20 or something hours to do.

When it comes to rigging, I don't have as hard of a time than when I first began, so rigging Kalypso itself wasn't too difficult, it's getting the textures to show in Brawl without the game freezing.  I simply don't want to spend the time re-rigging it, otherwise, it feels like what I did was for naught.

Exorcist
    super cool title like all the cool kids
    Supreme Kitten

it's admirable that yall are still kickin

• Awards Heart Container Fiery Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3602 on: July 30, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »

When it comes to rigging, I don't have as hard of a time than when I first began, so rigging Kalypso itself wasn't too difficult, it's getting the textures to show in Brawl without the game freezing.  I simply don't want to spend the time re-rigging it, otherwise, it feels like what I did was for naught.
    Is it freezing because of the filesize?
    And check the sizes of the textures if you haven't done that yet.
    Also you might wanna open up a topic in Model Help so this thread doesn't get cluttered up.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3603 on: July 30, 2012, 10:07:27 AM »

Is it freezing because of the filesize?
    And check the sizes of the textures if you haven't done that yet.
    Also you might wanna open up a topic in Model Help so this thread doesn't get cluttered up.

I know that the texture format is wrong, I tried various formats but to no avail (CI8 worked, but was the wrong color).  As far as size goes, I don't know what the limit is,  but how big is "too big"?  I'll continue this elsewhere. Sorry for the clutter Sad

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3604 on: July 30, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »

I know that the texture format is wrong, I tried various formats but to no avail (CI8 worked, but was the wrong color).  As far as size goes, I don't know what the limit is,  but how big is "too big"?  I'll continue this elsewhere. Sorry for the clutter Sad
    Well the bigger the tezture size, the more space it takes up, which can make the game freeze, so if every one of the texture is atleast 256x256, you'll need to make them smaller.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3605 on: July 30, 2012, 10:13:47 AM »

Well the bigger the tezture size, the more space it takes up, which can make the game freeze, so if every one of the texture is atleast 256x256, you'll need to make them smaller.

What about the whole UV mapping thing? Do I still need to have someone point me to a tutorial?

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #3606 on: July 30, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »

If you reduce the texture size, as long as it's a dimension with a divisor of 2 (128x128, 256x256) it'll be fine.
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:21:24 AM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3607 on: July 30, 2012, 10:24:51 AM »

If you reduce the texture size, as long as it's a dimension with a divisor of 2 (128x128, 256x256) it'll be fine.

What about UV mapping or remapping? I can't seem to find a good tutorial for that.

JoeTE
    Advanced Kitten

All life form data, successfully copied!

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #3608 on: July 30, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »

Crap, I don't know how to do that. I suck at anything besides rigging and T-posing.  Anything pertaining to UV mapping or re-texturing is something I have no skills in. I will undoubtedly need outside help. Not to mention I'll have to re-rig the bloody model.  Crap, crap, crap.  

What about UV mapping or remapping? I can't seem to find a good tutorial for that.

I've done some UV-map editing quite a few times (likewise for material re-assignment and texture fixing.)

UV-mapping itself uses the Unwrap UVW modifier. Editing them UV-map works kinda like vertex hacking (except you're only doing it on a 2D plane, and you're only changing which part of the texture is applied to each vertex instead of actually changing the position of the actual vertices.)

If you'd like me to explain in more detail, you can send me a PM.

P.S. - To keep this thread on-topic, here are a few WIP hacks of mine:
    Brawlbox preview. I plan on fixing the rig, UV-maps, and textures for those gloves.

Oh look, yet another Super Sonic over Sonic hack. It works well in-game, but I still have a few things to fix (like the quill rigging.)

Here's what it looks like in Brawlbox:

Whaa? Normal Sonic textures, and two sets of quills? There might be a few of you who can figure out what I'm doing with this. Cheesy

JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #3609 on: July 30, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uv+mapping&page=&utm_source=opensearch

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3610 on: July 30, 2012, 10:43:40 AM »

I've done some UV-map editing quite a few times (likewise for material re-assignment and texture fixing.)

UV-mapping itself uses the Unwrap UVW modifier. Editing them UV-map works kinda like vertex hacking (except you're only doing it on a 2D plane, and you're only changing which part of the texture is applied to each vertex instead of actually changing the position of the actual vertices.)

If you'd like me to explain in more detail, you can send me a PM.

P.S. - To keep this thread on-topic, here are a few WIP hacks of mine:
    Brawlbox preview. I plan on fixing the rig, UV-maps, and textures for those gloves.

Oh look, yet another Super Sonic over Sonic hack. It works well in-game, but I still have a few things to fix (like the quill rigging.)

Whaa? Normal Sonic textures, and two sets of quills? There might be a few of you who can figure out what I'm doing with this. Cheesy

its easy your doing super sonic with FS eyes Tongue but i wonder unless you make a custom model changer i dont think you can make sonic normal quils disapear

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3611 on: July 30, 2012, 10:52:05 AM »

Custom PSA so you can have different Super Sonics? Is it like SMBZ Mario and Luigi where you do a taunt or something and you turn into Super SOnic and have different moves?
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:04:44 AM by Miacis » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #3612 on: July 30, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »

StupidMarioFan1, before specifically removing spoilers from your quotes, I'd like you to read this:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39985.msg936671#msg936671
    Okay. Guys, I have two requests that would be really sweet for this thread:

When posting big pictures of stuff that is not a hack, use spoilers.
    When quoting a post with a big picture of a hack, put that picture into spoilers.

Thank you~

I'll add it to the OP now, so people can't say they didn't see it.
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:04:09 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3613 on: July 30, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »

StupidMarioFan1, before specifically removing spoilers from your quotes, I'd like you to read this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39985.msg936671#msg936671I'll add it to the OP now, so people can't say they didn't see it.
    Is that better? Smiley

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #3614 on: July 30, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »

Is that better? Smiley
    Well, I don't know what you did, but I fixed it myself too.
    No biggies, though, just a reminder not to do it again.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pages:  1 ... 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: