Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Boygos, you have too many unfinished WIPs, let's pick one for you.
Batman over Snake (Arkham City edited model)
Wolverine over Wolf (Deadpool: The Game)
Batgirl over Sheik (Injustice: Gods Among Us)
Ahsoka Tano over Sheik (Clone Wars)
Anakin Skywalker over Marth (Clone Wars)
Nightwing over Sheik (Arkham City/Injustice Hybrid)
Bane over Donkey Kong (Arkham Asylum)

Pages:  1 ... 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 ... 184
Author Topic: Boygos' Avenging Models - Hello everyone  (Read 640516 times)
SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2535 on: December 11, 2012, 02:57:11 PM »

I thought the end of ur post said soul calibur. I imagined them with huge swords abd epic armor bot like satbk

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

SwingSet
    Holy Kitten

taunt

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2536 on: December 11, 2012, 03:10:19 PM »

that knuckles is so perfect inb4 knuckles bcomes shadow....lets hope not
    ^

I see what you did there ...

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #2537 on: December 11, 2012, 03:53:34 PM »

We won't have to worry about that, I see OVER 9000 times more Shadow hacks than I see Knuckles hacks. Tongue

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #2538 on: December 11, 2012, 04:01:20 PM »

Not even close.  No hack is perfect, no hack ever will be perfect.  Infact in this world will ever be perfect (sorry I just strongly object to the idea of perfection).

What flaws do I see?  The head and mouth namely.  The head shape is really rather odd.  The body and shoes look excellent, but the head looks very out of place.  The brow of the head model is not quite defined enough, and the head is a little too narrow in general.  Also, the mouth looks very strange because of the defined teeth.  Sonic characters never have teeth defined like that.  Even in Brawl Sonic's teeth are not that defined. 

However, that is not to say this isn't good.  As I said, everything below the head is awesome.  I cannot comment on the rig yet since I have yet to toy around with it but knowing you it will be pretty dang good.  And of course stuff like expressions, moving eyes etc are always appreciated.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #2539 on: December 11, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »

So true, and also the gloves are rigged to the 1stNa and 1stNb bones, not the best choice, the 2nd or 3rd bones would've been better since those are in he middle of the hand, whereas the 1st and 4th are on the edges. Anyone look at DDD, Ice Climbers, Meta, and other gloved characters? They just have 3rd finger bones that are in the middle of the hand, the same works with Bowser's model in most Mario games. Other than that I say he's excellent. Also SG, a few of those probs are what extremely picky hackers would notice, or diehard fans would notice. lol

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #2540 on: December 11, 2012, 04:10:42 PM »

Other than that I say he's excellent. Also SG, a few of those probs are what extremely picky hackers would notice, or diehard fans would notice. lol

The problem with the head (which was my main issue) was something I instantly noticed from little more than a second glance of the initial previews of this from a while back.  I did not really bother saying anything back then because I assumed it would be touched up (after all, most of the model had been touched up since then).  I wouldn't say it is hard to notice at all.  It is not like a rig nitpick, it is literally down to the basic proportions of the model

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #2541 on: December 11, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »

When it comes to Brawl hacking, I usually don't care about the preportions as long as it makes the rig better and isn't such a huge difference that it makes the character look really weird. For instance a lot of riggers just rig fingers without bothering to make them fit the bones, what good is rigging fingers if they look bad in animations? Anyways if it is rigged to one bone like how Knuckles's head is, then he doesn't have to be the same size as Sonic's head. While I can't really notice a difference, I'd be okay with his head changing sizes.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #2542 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »

So true, and also the gloves are rigged to the 1stNa and 1stNb bones, not the best choice, the 2nd or 3rd bones would've been better since those are in he middle of the hand, whereas the 1st and 4th are on the edges. Anyone look at DDD, Ice Climbers, Meta, and other gloved characters? They just have 3rd finger bones that are in the middle of the hand, the same works with Bowser's model in most Mario games. Other than that I say he's excellent. Also SG, a few of those probs are what extremely picky hackers would notice, or diehard fans would notice. lol
    I rigged them to the first fingers because of Sonic pointing and stuff in some of his animations.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #2543 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »

Boygos can you please take the time to rig fingers instead of letting the auto rig handle it? That is one thing that would make a bunch of improts better like Zurg, Clone Troopa, and so on. It's not like the fingers' vertices are inside each other, it shouldn't take you that long to rig them. Sad

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #2544 on: December 11, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »

Boygos can you please take the time to rig fingers instead of letting the auto rig handle it? That is one thing that would make a bunch of improts better like Zurg, Clone Troopa, and so on. It's not like the fingers' vertices are inside each other, it shouldn't take you that long to rig them. Sad
    Mastering the Mirror mode in the Skin mod is also very helpful Wink

Boygos
    srs kitten

If you remember me, you've been at this too long

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker

« Reply #2545 on: December 11, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »

Not even close.  No hack is perfect, no hack ever will be perfect.  Infact in this world will ever be perfect (sorry I just strongly object to the idea of perfection).

What flaws do I see?  The head and mouth namely.  The head shape is really rather odd.  The body and shoes look excellent, but the head looks very out of place.  The brow of the head model is not quite defined enough, and the head is a little too narrow in general.  Also, the mouth looks very strange because of the defined teeth.  Sonic characters never have teeth defined like that.  Even in Brawl Sonic's teeth are not that defined. 

However, that is not to say this isn't good.  As I said, everything below the head is awesome.  I cannot comment on the rig yet since I have yet to toy around with it but knowing you it will be pretty dang good.  And of course stuff like expressions, moving eyes etc are always appreciated.
    Perfect? No. There literally isn't a way to make a hack perfect... Infact, I believe Mewtwo2000 or someone made a more perfect metal texture for characters with fur, that was actually BETTER than the ACTUAL metal textures in Brawl. That's impressive.

As for as far as Knuckles hacks go, this is probably the best one avaliable right NOW. That isn't to say we won't make advancements in our hacking tools and etc, and he might need a V3 at some point in 2013, but we'll see.

However, I can help you understand why some of the flaws are the way they are.

The head shape - I was trying to get this all done with little to no clipping on his dreads. Unfortunately, this didn't work out too well. The original import actually probably did a better job of this than the V2. The generations head was just more defined, and looked more appropriate to the model. The original head was boxy, low-vert count, and just didn't look as nice imo. I tried to make Knuckles look the best I could WITHOUT editing Sonic's eyes. I really freaked out when it comes to the eyes, this wassss my first one with moving eyes, so I just wanted to make sure I didn't [censored] anything up on that. (evidently, I did [censored] it up, so that's aside the point, now.)

The mouth -
    Bav did all of these originally, and I felt they were great enough to keep in. To be honest, I think they fit so well because Brawl is supposed to have a more realistic feel to it, and Knuckles should have some fierce, (but not too fierce) set of teeth. personally, I think the mouth expressions are perfect. That's just a matter of preference.

Anyways, my main problem with the import is the head texture. It just doesn't feel like it's good enough. If someone wanted to fix it, that'd be great. I'd like to have Velen, Flygon, or Enzo do it. Someone like that.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2546 on: December 11, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »

I'll take pics for Epic Mickey., :3

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #2547 on: December 11, 2012, 07:34:16 PM »

Perfect? No. There literally isn't a way to make a hack perfect... Infact, I believe Mewtwo2000 or someone made a more perfect metal texture for characters with fur, that was actually BETTER than the ACTUAL metal textures in Brawl. That's impressive. As for as far as Knuckles hacks go, this is probably the best one avaliable right NOW. That isn't to say we won't make advancements in our hacking tools and etc, and he might need a V3 at some point in 2013, but we'll see. However, I can help you understand why some of the flaws are the way they are. The head shape - I was trying to get this all done with little to no clipping on his dreads. Unfortunately, this didn't work out too well. The original import actually probably did a better job of this than the V2. The generations head was just more defined, and looked more appropriate to the model. The original head was boxy, low-vert count, and just didn't look as nice imo. I tried to make Knuckles look the best I could WITHOUT editing Sonic's eyes. I really freaked out when it comes to the eyes, this wassss my first one with moving eyes, so I just wanted to make sure I didn't [censored] anything up on that. (evidently, I did [censored] it up, so that's aside the point, now.) The mouth - Bav did all of these originally, and I felt they were great enough to keep in. To be honest, I think they fit so well because Brawl is supposed to have a more realistic feel to it, and Knuckles should have some fierce, (but not too fierce) set of teeth. personally, I think the mouth expressions are perfect. That's just a matter of preference. Anyways, my main problem with the import is the head texture. It just doesn't feel like it's good enough. If someone wanted to fix it, that'd be great. I'd like to have Velen, Flygon, or Enzo do it. Someone like that.
    A quick update to his gloves to be rigged to all the finger bones could happen before next week. -_- And like you said, the eyes are a determining factor to editing the head, since for the eyes to get better, and still have perfect movemeny, so on would have to go the old vertexing method. Plus Velen hasn't finished making his sexy texture revamp, though it could be quicker for Flygon to do it since he did a great job on Shadow's texture.

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2548 on: December 12, 2012, 07:48:29 AM »

alright so no hack cant be perfect, i can agree with that, but me i dont have a problem with those minor details like the head being alittle skinny, teeth etc, doubt its even noticable in-game, but it is certainly the best knuckles model/rig in the vault imo

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2549 on: December 12, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »

you just release oswald and collab me, or didnt i send it over?

Pages:  1 ... 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 ... 184
    Print
    Jump to: