Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 10 (23.3%)
Blue. - 8 (18.6%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.6%)
Green. - 8 (18.6%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.3%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages:  1 ... 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1828725 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4470 on: August 10, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »

Does this mean you have given up on Raptor?
    Not entirely.

For some reason, I don't really feel like working on Raptor at the moment.

Though I'll ask Tormod if he'd like to get into animating Raptor again, once he gets things settled out.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4471 on: August 10, 2013, 01:33:52 PM »

so why are you trying to make deoxys transform using the downB? i think it would be much better to actualy transform on the dowm taunt like in the video instead of loosing a special move enterily imo.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4472 on: August 10, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »

so why are you trying to make deoxys transform using the downB? i think it would be much better to actualy transform on the dowm taunt like in the video instead of loosing a special move enterily imo.
    It's a possibility that I'll make the Form Change use the Directional pad, rather than Down + B + Control Stick.

If Mr.MW finds it too difficult to map his edit to Down + B + Control Stick, then I'll change the Form Change move to the Taunts.

Although CPU players never taunt, outside of getting a KO. I'm also not sure if it would work in the air.

I'll send him a PM about this.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

justadood
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4473 on: August 10, 2013, 05:10:44 PM »

i think it'd work best if you just made the forms come out DURING certain moves... i.e. a SideB like extremespeed or something turning him into his speed form; his DownB could be a kind of sheild or counter (maybe mirrorcoat?) and make him curl up in his defense form and reflect; his smash attacks could bring out the attack form for a second; etc.... .... i'm saying this because it's not gonna be fun enough if you have to remember to change forms all the time Tongue ....i'd (personally) rather he be less dependent on the forms for strategy, and actually have the forms be just an aesthetic thing Tongue

I'M JUST A DOOD

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4474 on: August 10, 2013, 05:54:48 PM »

i think it'd work best if you just made the forms come out DURING certain moves... i.e. a SideB like extremespeed or something turning him into his speed form; his DownB could be a kind of sheild or counter (maybe mirrorcoat?) and make him curl up in his defense form and reflect; his smash attacks could bring out the attack form for a second; etc.... .... i'm saying this because it's not gonna be fun enough if you have to remember to change forms all the time Tongue ....i'd (personally) rather he be less dependent on the forms for strategy, and actually have the forms be just an aesthetic thing Tongue
    Eh...

I don't think I'll do that.

I'd like to make Deoxys have a complex moveset, so more people can see just how far Brawl Modding has gotten over the years.

Something that will really catch people's attention.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4475 on: August 10, 2013, 06:07:07 PM »

still kjp for not using codes and whatnot that would only work for ntsc users some model changers would be the way to go imo just look at jrush ichigo he has 5 transformations and all by model changers since we can add model changers in bb he has 4 modes to the psa and deoxys would be easily rigged to the same boneset due to  most of them not even have fingers or feets, this would be the best way imo instead of using a filepatch code just for your psa.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4476 on: August 10, 2013, 06:38:39 PM »

still kjp for not using codes and whatnot that would only work for ntsc users some model changers would be the way to go imo just look at jrush ichigo he has 5 transformations and all by model changers since we can add model changers in bb he has 4 modes to the psa and deoxys would be easily rigged to the same boneset due to  most of them not even have fingers or feets, this would be the best way imo instead of using a filepatch code just for your psa.
    So I see.

But unlike Ichigo (though I assume his other forms in that moveset just use different textures with the same model), Deoxys has different bodily structures with its Forms. Things such as bone placements and hurtbox placements would make things very difficult, because you can only have a limited amount of hurtboxes, and bone placements (i.e. item bones) only work with one model. File size is also a huge issue.

But...

I'll give it a try if my tests with Mr.MW's edited code (once he's done with it) turn out as failures.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Tormod
    The Kokiri Boy
    Special Access

[ex-PSAnimator/ex-Modeler]

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Novice Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4477 on: August 10, 2013, 07:48:11 PM »

I think the transformations would work good as a downB. It feels more like a ssb move set that way in my opinion. Losing a special wouldn't be a problem because there will already be multiple forms for a more diverse move set. One thing in favor of taunt transformation is that 4 forms is a lot to rotate through with one command. With the Dpad you could have different directions send  you to the different forms to allow for a more strategic play style.

I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
    My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4478 on: August 10, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »

I think the transformations would work good as a downB. It feels more like a ssb move set that way in my opinion. Losing a special wouldn't be a problem because there will already be multiple forms for a more diverse move set. One thing in favor of taunt transformation is that 4 forms is a lot to rotate through with one command. With the Dpad you could have different directions send  you to the different forms to allow for a more strategic play style.
    Also, pressing Down + B + Another Control Stick Direction would seem a bit strenuous/tedious in the long run. Which was another factor that leaned me towards the Directional Pad.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4479 on: August 11, 2013, 01:18:11 AM »

you can preety much rigg them all with the same boneset and the same hurtboxes  the arms are all on the same hight same for the legs and such i dont see a single problem in all of them using the same bonestructure you should experiment with pokepark deoxys and brawl attack deoxys  while you cant find the other 2 and try to rigg them on the same pcs to use model changers.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:31:44 AM by Carnage » Logged

Tormod
    The Kokiri Boy
    Special Access

[ex-PSAnimator/ex-Modeler]

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Novice Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4480 on: August 11, 2013, 06:34:27 AM »

you can preety much rigg them all with the same boneset and the same hurtboxes  the arms are all on the same hight same for the legs and such i dont see a single problem in all of them using the same bonestructure you should experiment with pokepark deoxys and brawl attack deoxys  while you cant find the other 2 and try to rigg them on the same pcs to use model changers.

That's a good point, the overall body structure is essentially the same so hit/hurt boxes could just be the same. The other two models would just need to be made at some point.

I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
    My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4481 on: August 11, 2013, 09:31:26 AM »

That's a good point, the overall body structure is essentially the same so hit/hurt boxes could just be the same. The other two models would just need to be ripped at some point.

Lemme fix that for you.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4482 on: August 11, 2013, 10:28:36 AM »

I don't think it's possible for me to have all 4 Forms share the same boneset.

Take a look of the screencaps I took of Pokepark Wii's Normal Form and Brawl's Attack Form side-by-side in 3ds Max.

I'll note off the differences these two forms have.
    -Normal Form is slightly taller than Attack Form.
    -Attack Form's torso is wider, thinner, and slightly higher than Normal Form's torso.
    -Normal Form has two types of arms.
    -Normal Form's arms are slightly thicker and shorter than Attack Form's arms.
    -Normal Form's neck is thinner, and slightly longer than Attack Form's neck.
    -Normal Form's hip is wider, and slightly higher than Attack Form's hip.
    -Normal Form's waist is thinner than Attack Form's waist.
    -Attack Form's knees are slightly lower than Normal Form's knees.
    -Attack Form's legs are thinner and more close together then Normal Form's legs. Attack Form's legs also face backward (but I can fix that easily).
    -Attack Form's tail thing is longer, and slightly larger than Normal Form's tail thing. Attack Form's tail thing also points downward, while Normal Form's tail thing points upward (though I might not rig this).

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'll be updating my planned Deoxys moveset with some new moves (though not very many).

Lemme fix that for you.
    I made a request thread for that. =P

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4483 on: August 11, 2013, 11:10:21 AM »

cmon kjp theres something called slightly adjust the model, how do you think ppl model import? everyone slightly adjust the models its not by modyfing afew inches that  the model wont look like the original, if everyone tough that way we wouldnt have model imports becuase no character perfectly fits over any brawl char Im srs here you cant expect to be 100% match rig  every single one of the imports on the vault were moved to fit the bones its call fit the model to the bones not the bones to the model or every model import would require animations edits

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4484 on: August 11, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »

cmon kjp theres something called slightly adjust the model, how do you think ppl model import? everyone slightly adjust the models its not by modyfing afew inches that  the model wont look like the original, if everyone tough that way we wouldnt have model imports becuase no character perfectly fits over any brawl char Im srs here you cant expect to be 100% match rig  every single one of the imports on the vault were moved to fit the bones its call fit the model to the bones not the bones to the model or every model import would require animations edits
    This is a PSA, not a one-slot rig, so I have more freedom with the bones.

When it comes to me making rigs for my PSAs, I want the bone placements and rigs to be as perfect as I can make them. Another thing to note is that I'm bad with vertex editing.

Another thing to consider is File Size. I'll admit, I'm quite paranoid, when it comes to file size.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: