That's right, I'm going to start trying to make my own PSAs! I'm still new to this, as you can imagine, so I'm gonna need some help along the way, but I'm gonna try! I took a class in animating, so I got that down, I hope. Anyway, the first PSA I'm going to try is everyone's favorite blue-haired Investigation Team member, the 2000 IQ Killjoy Detective...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
*Subs* Might want to T-Pose that before you attempt to rig her over a character. But good luck, nonetheless!
Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on July 08, 2014, 06:43:14 AM
*Subs* Might want to T-Pose that before you attempt to rig her over a character. But good luck, nonetheless!
Yeah, I plan to. There's actually another model of her that's already T-Posed. I just used that one for the preview because it was already in the pose I needed it to be in.
Heeeey, it's Naoto! I can think of one person that's going to be happy for this... Good luck to you!
Quote from: Karna on July 08, 2014, 07:28:16 AM
Heeeey, it's Naoto! I can think of one person that's going to be happy for this... Good luck to you!
Someone who's gonna be happy about this? I could take a wild guess. Heheh.
...You're making me want to play P4 again, but I don't have the game anymore.
So cruel...
Quote from: Karna on July 08, 2014, 07:30:30 AM
...You're making me want to play P4 again, but I don't have the game anymore.
So cruel...
Muhahahaha. It's a good game, I'm not surprised.
Anyway, already running into complications, sadly.
(http://i.imgur.com/LfDBcgn.jpg)
This is as T-Posed at Naoto-kun comes, and when I add a skeleton to her and T-Pose her that way, her model distorts in different areas. Hmmm...
...I can't comment on that, I still suck at rigging and stuff. *Shrug*
Not a good start though.
Quote from: Karna on July 08, 2014, 07:36:09 AM
...I can't comment on that, I still suck at rigging and stuff. *Shrug*
Not a good start though.
Meh, I'm just rambling, really. Wasn't expecting anyone to help.
Also, trivia about this model: The hat and the actual model of Naoto-kun are two separate objects. I had to position her hat onto her head myself. Heh.
I might want to take a peek at the model myself to see what's up...
Meh, screw it. Send it over and I'll see if I can do anything.
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 03:02:37 PM
I might want to take a peek at the model myself to see what's up...
Meh, screw it. Send it over and I'll see if I can do anything.
Ooooh~ Thank you!
So, you're starting PSAs too, huh? I see that you're making Naoto Shirogane as a first character... Well then, I wish you good luck with her! I'll keep track of the progress, and if you need help with PSA matters, I can help you with it. (not models, sadly)
*subs*
Quote from: Airi AkenoS3 on July 08, 2014, 03:43:39 PM
So, you're starting PSAs too, huh? I see that you're making Naoto Shirogane as a first character... Well then, I wish you good luck with her! I'll keep track of the progress, and if you need help with PSA matters, I can help you with it. (not models, sadly)
*subs*
I probably will need help with PSA stuff. I don't want stuff, like, done for me, but when I get around to it, if someone could help me by showing me what I'd need to do for certain moves to work, that'd be great.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on July 08, 2014, 06:09:27 PM
I probably will need help with PSA stuff. I don't want stuff, like, done for me, but when I get around to it, if someone could help me by showing me what I'd need to do for certain moves to work, that'd be great.
I can do that if you need it, green-star friend :)
Quote from: Airi AkenoS3 on July 08, 2014, 06:51:21 PM
I can do that if you need it, green-star friend :)
Schweet. I'll let you know when I get to the PSA part of this project.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on July 08, 2014, 06:53:33 PM
Schweet. I'll let you know when I get to the PSA part of this project.
Don't worry, I'll follow this thread, so I'll know ;)
Btw, did you already made a request for rigging your model of Nao-chan? Because Zed has alot of projects on his plate so... yeah... Maybe you should try this.
Already sent it back to hinata.
Just tposed it, that's all.
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 07:07:20 PM
Already sent it back to hinata.
Just tposed it, that's all.
Indeed. She's fully T-Posed now. Although I don't get what happened to the textures... The model I sent you was fully textured from the second I ripped it from the game.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on July 08, 2014, 07:20:28 PM
Indeed. She's fully T-Posed now. Although I don't get what happened to the textures... The model I sent you was fully textured from the second I ripped it from the game.
It's because you didn't send me the textures.
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 07:25:58 PM
It's because you didn't send me the textures.
Oh.
...Well, shoot. That would explain it, wouldn't it?
Post Merge: July 08, 2014, 07:57:06 PM
Oh, Naoto-kun, why are you so uncooperative...? I have no idea how to apply textures in 3DS Max, and applying them in Maya makes them transparent. Well, that's why Google is my friend.
Just drag and drop the textures onto the appropriate spot on the model.
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 08:38:16 PM
Just drag and drop the textures onto the appropriate spot on the model.
Wow, it's that simple? That's way more effective than how I was texturing it in Maya before.
Yep, much easier than Maya.
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 08:51:13 PM
Yep, much easier than Maya.
Indeed.
But when I drag a texture onto the model, the entire model gets the texture, not just the part I want to have the texture.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on July 08, 2014, 08:54:51 PM
Indeed.
But when I drag a texture onto the model, the entire model gets the texture, not just the part I want to have the texture.
Go to the DAE Modelling Import tutorial and download the detachbyID script and use that.
To use it, drag and drop it into your 3ds max scene and press detach (by bitmap, I believe, but check the tutorial to make sure).
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 09:04:17 PM
Go to the DAE Modelling Import tutorial and download the detachbyID script and use that.
To use it, drag and drop it into your 3ds max scene and press detach (by bitmap, I believe, but check the tutorial to make sure).
Well, it worked! She did get textured in 3DS Max.
But then when I import her into Maya, all her parts are still separated, but none of them are textured.
EDIT: Never miiiiiiind~
(http://i.imgur.com/3pFDVBC.jpg)
She's fully textured now~! It's a rough texturing job here, but she's textured.
Why didn't I notice this before! Shame on me. Looking good.
Quote from: Nao-chan on July 08, 2014, 10:20:42 PM
Why didn't I notice this before! Shame on me. Looking good.
Haha, I was wondering when you'd show up, because I knew you'd like this idea.
After I rig her to the character she's gonna go over, I have to figure out how I'm going to animate her.
Who's she being rigged over?
Quote from: Nao-chan on July 08, 2014, 10:33:04 PM
Who's she being rigged over?
I'm planning Snake. Because guns.
And by that, I mean I think Snake would have enough space and articles and stuff to fit what I have planned for Naoto-kun.
Cool. Obviously A size mod is needed.
Quote from: Nao-chan on July 08, 2014, 10:36:50 PM
Cool. Obviously A size mod is needed.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure she's shorter than Snake. Haha.
Yeah, I think she was 5'2" during P4. Or somewhere close to that.
Quote from: Nao-chan on July 08, 2014, 10:38:22 PM
Yeah, I think she was 5'2" during P4. Or somewhere close to that.
5 feet even, actually. But yeah.
Also, just so you guys know, Naoto's moveset is gonna be heavily based on Persona 4 Arena. For example, I plan for her Snipe move to be her N-B.
Make sure that Naoto is scaled to Snake's size before you use bone edits.
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 10:43:55 PM
Make sure that Naoto is scaled to Snake's size before you use bone edits.
Yup, yup. That's a top priority.
Well that was the only fighting game she was in. I was expecting her to be based off of that.
Quote from: Nao-chan on July 08, 2014, 10:46:46 PM
Well that was the only fighting game she was in. I was expecting her to be based off of that.
Excuse you, she's in the sequel to Arena. That's 2 fighting games she was in! :P
But yeah. I might draw inspiration from the original P4 if anything from there fits in somehow, but it's mostly gonna be Arena based.
You know what I meant. She was in the only fighting game series. Sheesh. So technical. lol
(http://i.imgur.com/nZ21QJA.jpg)
Look at that! Naoto is taller than Snake after all! Heheh.
...No but seriously I think I'm doing something wrong here
Well that's a first. Nao-chan is actually taller than someone.
...Naoto must've gotten a Mega Mushroom and thrown a mini mushroom at Snake. [/badjoke] *Shot*
Quote from: Nao-chan on July 08, 2014, 11:02:34 PM
Well that's a first. Nao-chan is actually taller than someone.
I'm sure she's enjoying this while she can.
Quote from: Karna on July 08, 2014, 11:03:31 PM
...Naoto must've gotten a Mega Mushroom and thrown a mini mushroom at Snake. [/badjoke] *Shot*
That's the only explanation.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on July 08, 2014, 11:00:37 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/nZ21QJA.jpg)
Look at that! Naoto is taller than Snake after all! Heheh.
...No but seriously I think I'm doing something wrong here
Nope, Naoto is just scaled larger in her game.
Just scale down the whole thing.
And like I said earlier, you'll get more help if you rig it in 3ds max.
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 11:18:27 PM
Nope, Naoto is just scaled larger in her game.
Just scale down the whole thing.
And like I said earlier, you'll get more help if you rig it in 3ds max.
Alrighty then. I'm glad I haven't done anything wrong yet. Heh.
Post Merge: July 08, 2014, 11:28:31 PM
3DS Max won't load Snake's model. Hmmm... Maybe I'll need more help here. I dunno, though.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on July 08, 2014, 11:20:49 PM
Alrighty then. I'm glad I haven't done anything wrong yet. Heh.
Post Merge: July 08, 2014, 11:28:31 PM
3DS Max won't load Snake's model. Hmmm... Maybe I'll need more help here. I dunno, though.
What's the error it gives you? Or does it just straight up crash?
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 11:30:14 PM
What's the error it gives you? Or does it just straight up crash?
Just a straight up crash. It starts to load it, and then the whole thing explodes.
Try converting the file to fbx and then import it into 3ds max.
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 11:40:47 PM
Try converting the file to fbx and then import it into 3ds max.
Once I figure out how to do that, I will.
First PSAs are always the hardest...
Quote from: hinata2000100 on July 08, 2014, 11:54:30 PM
Once I figure out how to do that, I will.
First PSAs are always the hardest...
I hope you realize that the psa hasn't even begun.
Quote from: Zed on July 08, 2014, 11:56:42 PM
I hope you realize that the psa hasn't even begun.
Sadly, that's true. But hopefully that will be easier than all this model stuff.
Post Merge: July 09, 2014, 01:09:52 AM
Yup. It's official. As far as rigging goes, I have no idea what I'm doing. Man, I hope this gets easier once I get to the animation part.
Post Merge: July 09, 2014, 02:53:42 AM
*sighs* Can someone help me with this rigging? It's not going well for me.
Post Merge: July 09, 2014, 09:58:56 PM
So, just to let you guys know, rigging is not going well for me. Any and all attempts to rig results in lots and lots of errors from the programs. So, that's a thing.
Have you tried rigging in 3ds max?
And try using the auto rig tutorial in the modeling tutorial section.
Quote from: Zed on July 11, 2014, 03:52:13 PM
Have you tried rigging in 3ds max?
Yeah. That's where I got all the errors from.
Quote from: Zed on July 11, 2014, 03:52:13 PM
And try using the auto rig tutorial in the modeling tutorial section.
Alright, I'll take a look at it.
I didn't see it correctly in your pic but, did you try to only keep Snake's boneset and not his full model? That could maybe help... or you can look for his boneset in one of Flygon's thread in modeling... not sure if that was him or Jokekid... lol
Update: Rigging still not going well, extremely confused as to what I am doing wrong. I am determined to see this PSA through, but it's not going well.
Also, I've considered the idea of rigging her over ZSS instead. Both her and Naoto-kun carry guns constantly, so that's where the idea came from.
Who was she gonna be over before?
Quote from: Nao-chan on August 03, 2014, 04:35:16 AM
Who was she gonna be over before?
You were the one who asked me who she was gonna be rigged over originally, so I thought you'd know... Heheh. Anyway, she was originally gonna go over Snake.
Oh yeah. I forgot, it's been a while. Give me a break sheesh...lol.
Quote from: Nao-chan on August 03, 2014, 04:59:14 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot, it's been a while. Give me a break sheesh...lol.
It has been a while, hasn't it.
It's because of the simple fact that NOTHING I DO IS WORKING SO RIGGING IS IMPOSSIBLE
You've used tutorials correct? Have any of them been helpful at all?
Auto rig tutorial should work fine, if you have no idea how to rig.
Quote from: Nao-chan on August 03, 2014, 05:09:58 AM
You've used tutorials correct? Have any of them been helpful at all?
None of the tutorials I've consulted work.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on August 03, 2014, 05:13:04 AM
Auto rig tutorial should work fine, if you have no idea how to rig.
Auto rig tutorial? Where would one find that?
So how are things going with Nao-chan? Any progress?
Quote from: Nao-chan on August 16, 2014, 01:40:40 PM
So how are things going with Nao-chan? Any progress?
Sadly, no. Still can't rig her, because my computer and all its programs hate me.
Oh, how unfortunate. Sorry man, if I knew how to do that sort of thing i would help you out.
Pray tell, does anyone know how to import animations from Brawlbox into Maya? It'd really help what I'm trying to do right now.
Nope, Dant's working on a tool to import BBox anims to Maya.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 02, 2014, 01:32:58 AM
Nope, Dant's working on a tool to import BBox anims to Maya.
Damn it. Well, there goes that idea, I suppose. Heheh.
Post Merge: September 02, 2014, 01:51:41 AM
By the way, what I was planning to do had nothing to do with Naoto. I was hoping to start making an SSB4 Shulk PSA on my own, but now that I know you can't import BB animations into Maya, my morale for that idea has gone down. Unless someone would be generous enough to make a Wait1 pose for me to use in Maya so I could have a base. But I doubt that.
If you can get me reference vids/descriptions of the attacks, I'll see what I can do ;)
...For Shulk? His reveal trailer pretty much shows most of it.
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on September 02, 2014, 02:27:09 AM
...For Shulk? His reveal trailer pretty much shows most of it.
Shhhhh. I'm trying to be lazy here.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 02, 2014, 02:04:10 AM
If you can get me reference vids/descriptions of the attacks, I'll see what I can do ;)
Hmmm. I can try my best to get reference gifs for you. That work?
Quote from: hinata2000100 on September 02, 2014, 02:42:39 AM
Hmmm. I can try my best to get reference gifs for you. That work?
Sure, sounds good.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 02, 2014, 03:15:29 AM
Sure, sounds good.
Okee dokee~
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on September 02, 2014, 03:42:31 AM
Okee dokee~
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Thanks for this. I'll be making my own Shulj moveset with this.
Quote from: Nao-chan on September 02, 2014, 03:38:11 AM
Lazy Drogoth is lazy...
College OP
Worst part is, you can't nerf it.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on September 02, 2014, 03:42:31 AM
Okee dokee~
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Excellent. I'll get started.
Quote from: ThriceWise on September 02, 2014, 09:31:00 AM
Thanks for this. I'll be making my own Shulj moveset with this.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 02, 2014, 12:13:30 PM
Excellent. I'll get started.
Both are you are very welcome, and I look forward to seeing how you guys do~
I'll post pictures on my thread when I get the chance.
I can try rigging up Naoto for you, if I have the time.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 02, 2014, 01:38:52 PM
I'll post pictures on my thread when I get the chance.
I can try rigging up Naoto for you, if I have the time.
If you ever get the time to, I'd love for you to help me rig Naoto~
Posted on my thread what I was able to get done in the couple of minutes I had before class.
If you're too lazy, to check...
here you go
(http://i.imgur.com/xcJyK8C.png)
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 02, 2014, 08:39:09 PM
Posted on my thread what I was able to get done in the couple of minutes I had before class.
If you're too lazy, to check...
here you go
(http://i.imgur.com/xcJyK8C.png)
Ooooh, lookin' good~
...But why does he have two Monados?
Quote from: hinata2000100 on September 02, 2014, 08:59:52 PM
Ooooh, lookin' good~
...But why does he have two Monados?
Model changer stuff I'd imagine.
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on September 02, 2014, 10:04:23 PM
Model changer stuff I'd imagine.
Yep.
Will hopefully be able to work on animations tomorrow if not later today.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 02, 2014, 10:18:51 PM
Yep.
Will hopefully be able to work on animations tomorrow if not later today.
You are truly my hero, O great Captain Falcon. I look forward to the results of your long and hard work!
...You have until next Tuesday. :P
Quote from: hinata2000100 on September 02, 2014, 11:42:42 PM...You have until next Tuesday. :P
Stop giving people deadlines plz D:
Quote from: Kitsu-chan on September 03, 2014, 12:04:20 AM
Stop giving people deadlines plz D:
HIS DEADLINE JUST WENT TO THIS FRIDAY BECAUSE OF YOU, MATE
Haha. It was never a serious deadline. I just said the first date that popped into my mind. Which happened to be my next Video Game Club meeting. Fitting, and ironic.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on September 03, 2014, 12:09:33 AM
HIS DEADLINE JUST WENT TO THIS FRIDAY BECAUSE OF YOU, MATE
Haha. It was never a serious deadline. I just said the first date that popped into my mind. Which happened to be my next Video Game Club meeting. Fitting, and ironic.
I'll see if I can get anything done by then :P
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 03, 2014, 12:24:47 AM
I'll see if I can get anything done by then :P
If you could get something out by then (even just a beta), that'd be great~
But don't feel rushed or anything. I'd rather have the PSA be quality and have it later than have it be less than it could be and have it now.
I'll see if I can get at least a Beta by then.
Just downloaded all the gifs to my desktop.
The PSA shall be started...
Soon :notimp:
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 03, 2014, 12:37:46 AM
I'll see if I can get at least a Beta by then.
Just downloaded all the gifs to my desktop.
The PSA shall be started...
Soon :notimp:
You truly are the best. I can't thank you enough for doing this for me.
I'm kinda bored with Dark Link and Roy
Hector is being a [censored] to animate
Kinda don't want to start rigging Zack and Tidus again. Or at least not for a while.
I'm more than happy to do this lol.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 03, 2014, 12:45:14 AM
I'm kinda bored with Dark Link and Roy
Hector is being a [censored] to animate
Kinda don't want to start rigging Zack and Tidus again. Or at least not for a while.
I'm more than happy to do this lol.
So, basically, I'm doing you a favor. :P
But this really gives me hope for the quality of this PSA, because you make it sound like Shulk is your main focus right now, and that excites me.
Well, right now college is my main focus :P
But yeah, Brawl Hacking-wise, Shulk's the only one on the radar.
There's a really big problem with me if discussion about my PSA's gets more traffic on someone elses thread lol
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 03, 2014, 12:49:13 AM
Well, right now college is my main focus :P
But yeah, Brawl Hacking-wise, Shulk's the only one on the radar.
There's a really big problem with me if discussion about my PSA's gets more traffic on someone elses thread lol
Well, yeah, that's what I meant. Again, thank you for doing this.
...I have no idea what you're talking about this is clearly your thread the title is an illusion
Thank me when I get at least a beta out.
Lol, ill update the OP of my thread when I finish some animations for shulk.
Hey if Naoto isn't rigged yet, I will do it this weekend if you'd like? I remember a while back when you asked me to help you rig her, and now I have that ability.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 03, 2014, 01:05:21 AM
Thank me when I get at least a beta out.
Lol, ill update the OP of my thread when I finish some animations for shulk.
If you say so.
Cool. Keep me posted. I wanna see the progress of this as it goes along.
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on September 03, 2014, 01:07:10 AM
Hey if Naoto isn't rigged yet, I will do it this weekend if you'd like? I remember a while back when you asked me to help you rig her, and now I have that ability.
Ooooh, that'd be helpful~
Awesome! Send me her model, and I'll start preparing it to be rigged~
I'm working to make Naoto.
C. Falc is working to make SSB4 Shulk.
I'm really loving what's happening in this thread right now.
So I split the AAA combo gif into frames and I found out that I literally screwed up every part of the animation (wait1, swing start up, and hook) so I have to start over.
Here we go lol
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 04, 2014, 01:45:07 AM
So I split the AAA combo gif into frames and I found out that I literally screwed up every part of the animation (wait1, swing start up, and hook) so I have to start over.
Here we go lol
Sounds fun. Well, at least you realized your mistake.
Ignore the fact that the Monado is in his hand, that the other Monado isn't on his back, and that his hands are white.
Was in a rush to do these, but they're "okay". I'm going to improve them in the future.
(http://i.imgur.com/48jqYtV.gif)
(http://i.imgur.com/Kf6OJXh.gif)
I know the second one looks a bit choppy. Takes a literal second to fix, so it'll look much more smooth.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 04, 2014, 03:02:15 PM
Ignore the fact that the Monado is in his hand, that the other Monado isn't on his back, and that his hands are white.
Was in a rush to do these, but they're "okay". I'm going to improve them in the future.
(http://i.imgur.com/48jqYtV.gif)
(http://i.imgur.com/Kf6OJXh.gif)
I know the second one looks a bit choppy. Takes a literal second to fix, so it'll look much more smooth.
Ooooh~ It's looking good! I can't wait to see the rest of the animations.
Attack13 with messed up rotations on the ending. Will fix in BBox.
(http://i.imgur.com/1xnGVmP.gif)
Next is the Bair (coming soon). Which oddly enough is the same animation I made for my Roy PSA with a couple of changes.
Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 04, 2014, 10:56:02 PM
Attack13 with messed up rotations on the ending. Will fix in BBox.
(http://i.imgur.com/1xnGVmP.gif)
Next is the Bair (coming soon). Which oddly enough is the same animation I made for my Roy PSA with a couple of changes.
Ooooh~ I'm so excited~
And it sounds like the B-Air will be the easiest for you. Heheh.
So how are things?
Quote from: Nao-chan on September 23, 2014, 01:29:15 PM
So how are things?
Still no better, unfortunately. I sent Naoto over to someone so they could rig her, but I haven't heard back from 'em.
Quote from: hinata2000100 on September 24, 2014, 12:37:58 AM
Still no better, unfortunately. I sent Naoto over to someone so they could rig her, but I haven't heard back from 'em.
I'm sure it'll be done soon. ;) That person must've had a lot to do recently~
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on September 24, 2014, 12:55:24 AM
I'm sure it'll be done soon. ;) That person must've had a lot to do recently~
Well then, that person should feel free to take their time~