Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Uncle0wnage

#1
Quote from: bekindsorewind on November 14, 2013, 07:15:26 PM
Playing with him for a few hours, here are my conclusions:

His attacks are very slow and underpowered. I found using the U-tilt to be especially useless. I also think his Side-B, while still a WIP, could be a single blow as opposed to the small multiple attacks. Villager needs a good attack like that.

His moves need to be a little wider ranged, as well as giving his double-jump more height. Maybe this could be substituted by giving his balloon recovery a little less air-time?

and I also size-modded him for myself since I felt he was incredibly oversized. Since it looks like you imported his tools and the Gyroid from AC:CF, is there a way to import the model of the Villager himself in Brawl as well? I know ACCF has MDL0s.

Still great job.


I agree with all of this, could he be smaller?
#2
idontneeditspongebob.gif
#3
I'll try this out, post haste.

Post Merge: November 14, 2013, 04:14:15 AM

Alright here we go,

So, i like his walk to run speed and style, kinda wish he turned faster while running, but it isn't bad.

A combo: good, simple, no major changes needed.
forward tilt: decent, somewhat hard to land, possibly faster or larger hitbox
down tilt: godly, don't change this, this move is crucial to his aerial game.
up tilt: I don't care for this move, too small of a hitbox, not useful for anything really.
forward smash: good move, maybe the hitbox needs some changing, seems difficult to land consistently
down smash: nice, but does it ground opponents at a certain percent/hitbox, also, this should hit people grabbing onto ledges, imo
up smash: another good move, hitboxes are good, decent juggle move, but not as good for air game as down tilt.
neutral b: i like your interpretation of this, but I would have it shoot three shots at once if possible, because it is difficult to land just the one, and it doesn't do much damage on its own.
up b: good move, very fun to control, good mindgames and acting out of it is very good, might shorten the distance able to be traveled a tad, but this move is pretty good atm.
neutral air: damn, this move is pretty powerful, nearly too much so, short hopping into this is killer on enemies, maybe lower the knockback on this, cause it's just too good.
up air: good move, but only useful if you get your opponents waaay up above you, best used following down tilt.
forward air: decent move, somewhat lacking in range, if possible add soe weak water hitboxes a foot or two in front of the can so this is more useful.
down air: I like it, good hitbox, good to use out of up b, not much needs changing.
back air: this move needs changing, either without the net or something, it is hard to hit wilt, and even if you do, the benefits aren't very good, maybe change this to a quick volley of slingshot shots(3) behind him like in smash 4?
dash attack: I like it, difficult to land, I would increase knockback somewhat, needs more reward, cause at low percents you get punished even for a successful hit.
also, I really don't lie how weak his double jump is, with such great aerial tools, it saddens me to only really be able to use them after down tilt or up smash, I'd increase his second jump height by quite a bit, and see if that gives him more options.
overall, very nice work, but his neutral a in the air is pretty op, if anything, his moves seem to come out a little too slow and/or have too small hitboxes for what they appear, nice work.
#4
Quote from: Mareeo 64 on November 13, 2013, 10:19:51 PM
how about we don't blame anybody. It's not his fault if he has things in his life to worry about First. I'm sure you mean no harm, but pushing blame won't help either :P
I'm joking, obviously real life comes before brawl mods.
#5
So I'm hearing that we should blame KTH for the delay? Just for clarification, of course.
#6
I personally wouldn't have announced a release if it wasn't a sure thing, it's not surprising that people get so hyped and ask where it is after they've been promised a release multiple weeks in a row, and you not delivering on those promises. Just some food for thought.
#7
Gotta ask, why can he shoot out three of the bombs at once? Wouldn't it make more sense to do one, with it being a tad more powerful?
#8
Darn, well, I'll give you feedback when you release him then, haha
#9
I'd like to beta test it for you, if you don't mind.
#10
Servbot. If it is, I'll put twilight sparkle in fluttershy's shed.
#11
It's totally robo from chrono trigger. :P
#12
Please put that geno whirl model in the psa, the galactic donuts one doesn't look good for it at all.
#13
Tron Bonne?
#14
If you do release it on the vault I'll give some good feedback and I'll make a few animations for him. Can't wait for more previews.
#15
I don't know why he wouldn't work on eldin, was he the only hack you used?

I'm trying to pinpoint why the down b sometimes stops working.