Project Lightning - FFXIII (LOOKING FOR A NEW TEAM!)

Started by ethanrodgers223, June 29, 2010, 10:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

September 03, 2010, 05:43:39 AM #300 Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:44:45 AM by Thundaga_T2
I vote porting to Marth, he's already feminine  :P Plus he has a sword glow already. Actually just realizing something, Lightning does not have a sword trace in the game, so it wouldnt be so weird to do without one.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Yeah, and his waiting stance is quite similar to Lightning's. So do we have a confirmed moveset list?
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'


Oh my goodness. People.


When you port over a character, it's just OVER that character. She's not going to do anything related to Marth. She has her own battle stance and everything. She is going to be a fully new character. We're just in the very early stages of making her. Since I have school and a 40 hours a week part time job, and Sumire has started school, it's hard for us to work on her.

I understand you're interested in the project, but we have everything about porting/stances/and the moveset finished.

Her B moves WILL be:

B - Fire (Firaga)

Forward B - Thunder (Thundaga)

Up B - Aero (Aeroga)

Down B - Ruin (Ruinga)

right...sry.

Yeah the specials moveset sounds cool. Still working on the A attacks?
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'


A little off topic here, but yeah, it would be cool if after this project is done, someone could make more FF13 characters, like Oerba Yun Fang  :af:

Anyways, back to reality, this looks like its turning out good so far. Hopefully even with the school and work you guys are doing, this project will get done soon.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Yeah. Frankly I hope she does get ported over Marth. I have too many characters over Ike as it is that I want to use. Thank god that some people did the "DK Cloud port" project, but that still leaves me with three (two, counting this, still a WIP) characters over Ike that I REALLY don't want to change constantly.

Real men use Peach

Quote from: Thundaga_T2 on September 04, 2010, 04:50:11 AM
A little off topic here, but yeah, it would be cool if after this project is done, someone could make more FF13 characters, like Oerba Yun Fang  :af:

I vote Snow to be the next one. Possibly using Captain Falcon as a starting point?
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'


Quote from: mr pants on September 04, 2010, 05:07:20 PM
Quote from: Thundaga_T2 on September 04, 2010, 04:50:11 AM
A little off topic here, but yeah, it would be cool if after this project is done, someone could make more FF13 characters, like Oerba Yun Fang  :af:

I vote Snow to be the next one. Possibly using Captain Falcon as a starting point?
I was thinking Snake, but C. Falcon could work too.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

I know I'm really late to the idea of the Down B with the Ruin attack, but couldn't you take the effect of Sonic's normal B and make it so the attack itself locks on to opponents instead of the character? Or is this hardcoded or something...

I honestly am starting to find lots of freedom when it comes to PSA's and a lack of limitations now so I think this might be possible, but I could be completely wrong.

Quote from: 14fanofanime on September 05, 2010, 01:48:30 AM
I know I'm really late to the idea of the Down B with the Ruin attack, but couldn't you take the effect of Sonic's normal B and make it so the attack itself locks on to opponents instead of the character? Or is this hardcoded or something...

I honestly am starting to find lots of freedom when it comes to PSA's and a lack of limitations now so I think this might be possible, but I could be completely wrong.

Unfortunately, you can't do that...

September 05, 2010, 03:35:00 AM #310 Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:23:54 AM by Sumire Omelette
Sorry for the double post, but it's for a good cause.

Moveset

http://www.mediafire.com/?256qzc73rw3exxd

Animations

http://www.mediafire.com/?ebe063zoj4i8rte

All moves have at least something now except for the side B, which may or may not freeze, but it doesn't matter because I haven't worked on it at all yet.

I haven't tested it yet, due to... my usual inability to test things, so things might freeze, not work, etc.

Just report the bugs that you find and also some improvements on some of the moves.

Sorry if it totally fails D:

Um your annimation download is broken
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You're right XD

I fail >_>

But it's fixed now.

Ok my feedback on this. The A moves seem fine mostly, though there are a few problems, the down smash charges indefinitely when facing left, when facing right there are a couple of graphical glitches with her body (only seen for like 1 frame or so). As for the specials, Up special doesnt go anywhere, on the ground it does nothing (the animation still plays) but there is no hitbox, or movement. In air it goes down instead. Neutral special does nothing and freezes her in place (not in T stance, frozen in standing animation). Down special throws ruin(ga) into the ground then freezes her just like the neutral special does, in the air it freezes the game. And lastly the forward B just does the regular Quick Draw, but with a different animation on start up (does not freeze her or the game).
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

September 05, 2010, 04:44:53 AM #314 Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:00:02 AM by Sumire Omelette
Quote from: Thundaga_T2 on September 05, 2010, 04:40:24 AM
Ok my feedback on this. The A moves seem fine mostly, though there are a few problems, the down smash charges indefinitely when facing left, when facing right there are a couple of graphical glitches with her body (only seen for like 1 frame or so). As for the specials, Up special doesnt go anywhere, on the ground it does nothing (the animation still plays) but there is no hitbox, or movement. In air it goes down instead. Neutral special does nothing and freezes her in place (not in T stance, frozen in standing animation). Down special throws ruin(ga) into the ground then freezes her just like the neutral special does, in the air it freezes the game. And lastly the forward B just does the regular Quick Draw, but with a different animation on start up (does not freeze her or the game).

O.O Wow, I forgot some important stuff, like making sure the up B actually moves you...  :>.>palm: Fail.

I'm fixing them now and I'll post an edited version in a few minutes.