Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Useless poll is useless
Useless, just like Hollow. - 6 (6.5%)
^ This. - 1 (1.1%)
^ Those. - 0 (0%)
Whatever's over there. > - 4 (4.3%)
< Maybe that thing over there. - 2 (2.2%)
Maybe this is a complete waste of your time. - 2 (2.2%)
^ I bet that's right. - 1 (1.1%)
Why'd you vote for this option? - 6 (6.5%)
Option 12 is true. - 4 (4.3%)
V Tough. (does this mean I made option 11 first?) - 0 (0%)
My fingers are getting tired from typing all this... - 2 (2.2%)
Option 9 is false. - 5 (5.4%)
Why'd you vote for option 1? Hollow's a nice guy. - 13 (14%)
^ No. Just no. - 2 (2.2%)
- 45 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages:  1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 88
Author Topic: Hollow's PSAs: Summer PSAs on page 86  (Read 367040 times)
_Data_Drain_
Master of the Dark Matter
Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #990 on: December 05, 2010, 08:29:49 AM »

Hollow, Sephiroth can still wall cling infinitely... And I think it makes the game freeze sometimes, that's the only thing I can think of... It froze on Robz's Dracula's Castle stage, that stage is built lie Yoshi's Island Brawl, and he was using up B, but it was used up, so he was just falling slow...

Edit: Or not...? I tried it myself... I guess the CPU does something to make it freeze with up B...

Edit2: AH HA! I did it, yes, up B when spammed against a wall freezes the game.

Hm......When you can't use it anymore? CPUs can't fly, they'll just hover in one place until they fall.
    That's what I mean, that's what make it freeze, try it yourself, go to Wario Ware, or Yoshi's Island Brawl, and mash up B as fast as you can against the side of the stage... It will most likely freeze.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #991 on: December 05, 2010, 08:32:03 AM »

Hang on, lemme try it out.

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #992 on: December 05, 2010, 08:33:44 AM »

Yep, it froze. I could make the wallcling not be interrupted by a special, that would fix it.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #993 on: December 05, 2010, 09:10:38 AM »

Are the victory poses showing for anyone? I still get the floor hopping and Marth's sleeping animation rather than the ones I see in Brawl Box.

Also, the gliding feels a bit weird, I mean, he can glide backwards and looks unatural since he still looks like gliding forward.
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:12:04 AM by Wolfric » Logged

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #994 on: December 05, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »

I put up a new download from Mediafire with a PSA included that sends you into SepcialFall after performing Aerial Sepcials.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #995 on: December 05, 2010, 12:10:05 PM »

I put up a new download from Mediafire with a PSA included that sends you into SepcialFall after performing Aerial Sepcials.

I guess that makes both of us with our fixes XP

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #996 on: December 05, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »

Miacis' Ultra-Detailed feedback ACTIVATE !

Overall, it's quite fun to play, and faithful to the character ... There's quite alot of skill, but it lacks refining. Some moves are just epic, some are just ... bad. beside those few bad moves, most issues can b solved by tweaking the damage, and especially the KB. Also, animation tweaks. I know it's annoying, but it's what makes or breaks a character's credibility.  Embarrassed

In detail :

Ground moves :
    A,A,A combo : Good. The last hit has quite some trouble hitting though, so should consider making the second hit have less KB. Also, an A combo should never exceed 12% ... 10% is the regular damage if I'm not mistaken.

Side-Tilt : Very good. One of Sephiroth's most flowing and effective moves.

Up-Tilt : The balance is good. Only thing I see is that the shockwave is not synchronised with the sword swing, so it looks a bit odd.

Down-Tilt : See Side-Tilt.

Running attack : The hitbox doesn't match the sword size, it's too short.

Up-Smash : Nothing too impressive, but it gets the job done ... I guess ? Why does it knock the enemy on the side though ? That doesn't really make sense.  Undecided I say you should give it a more vertical KB, and a little bit more damage/KB to compensate.
    Also, can you give it a little bit more "slide" when used during a run ?

Side-Smash : Good, effective, nice. Nothing to say here. ^^

Down-Smash : Ugh ... I dunno what happenned here. For one, it's really not a Down-Smash, it goes against the player's reflex to use a Down-Smash to get rid of a dangerous situation, and doesn't really compensate by giving anything that worths it. Secondly, it's too fast for its power. Give it a little bit more delay, and maybe make it hit on both sides  so that it serves its purpose. =/

Aerials :

ANA and AFA : The AFA is really useless. Sephiroth is a fast character, so giving him a slow, but powerful (???) attack as his AFA (aka, typical offensive approach) is a nonsense. Especially since it's not all that powerful ... I don't see what justifies the extra lag.
    And his ANA, a typical "punishing/defensive move" is actually the most effective move when going offensive ... So you really should make the current ANA as his AFA, where it would be GREAT. As for a new ANA ... something like Aeon's ANA seems perfect to me. Fast, defensive, and cool looking.

ABA : Nice. :3

AUA : Very nice and cool-looking ! ^^

ABA : Epic. Perfect. Fantastic. The great wonder of this hack. :3 (A tiny bit too much hitbox on the sides, though. But that's just for the sake of balancing. :3)

Specials :

N-Special : Ground version needs more ending frames. Even if some have to be from the starting animation. It looks really really stiff, unless you loop the move into itself. The aerial version is cool though. Even though it lacks any proper landing animation.
    As for balancing and gameplay on this one, it's nice. a cool move overall. Smiley [Edit : No, there's a problem. Max Charge has way too much KB. It's easy to charge and keep it for when you're off-edge, and then just brutally murder anyone trying to edgeguard.]

Side-Special : I've had some trouble using it. I dunno why, but sometimes at full charge, the animation would be interrupted and there would be no attack. Also ... I'm not convinced at all by the choice of the attack.  Embarrassed I mean, Sephiroth could do a hell of a lot more cool things than that, for his Side-B. I honestly prefer the one from this PSA, tbh.  Undecided And even then, it's pretty simple. The move itself is okay, but I'd preferably had seem him elsewhere.

Down-Special : Well, it's either completely useless against close opponents, or game-breaking against airborne opponents ...
    If you want my opinion, here's what I think would really be nice :
    - Rework the Side-B
    - Make the Grounded Down-B become your current Side-B (because that Side-B looks really silly in the air).
    - Keep this one as the Airborne Down-B. With a bit more lag at the end, and less tall flames. And since it wouldn't be chargeable, the uncharged version is probably the most balanced.
    That would be a great improvement to make the character flow much better. It would also make Down-B = Magic Spells, which would really increse the moveset's consistency. (Thundage would complete the set perfectly if I had any idea how to incorporate it ... o_o)

Up-Special : It is good, but please reduce the VERTICAL speed. It's just way too fast compared to the Horizontal speed. >.<

Throws :
    That grab is simply EPIC. It's easily the most interesting and good-looking part of this PSA.
    The throws are sweet too. Maybe make the Down-Throw animation a little bit faster ? It looks a bit odd, now.

Final Smash :
    The graphics are overkill.  Cheesy
    The move is overkill.   Sad
    Even though you "can" dodge it, the fact that you have no idea when it's going to happen (unlike when a Super Sonic is rushing you) because of the slowly increasing size of the star is making it too much frustrating. So my suggestion on this :
    In FF7, Supernova isn't a Killing move. It's percentage-based, so you can't kill anyone with it, just completely rape their HP.
    So to balance it you should make it something that doesn't kill, just inflict the (IIRC) 100~110% damage, and giving it a fixed (preferably diagonal) knockback. Something like Luigi's Up-Taunt. Tongue
    It would look like a hard hit. It will be a hard hit. But you'll still have to kill them by yourself, and at least the victims will still have a chance of surviving

Others :

- I simply don't get what inspired you to use those dodge rolls. It ... simply doesn't fit. I suggest using something like Aeon : the "stroking my hair while dodging" animation. Fits the character quite a bit more.

- Those three victory poses are simply beautiful. Excellent work.

- The taunts however ... The Up-Taunt looks pretty good. The Down-Taunt needs a bit of tweaking. The Side one is ... not good.
    _________________________________________________ ______________________

I guess that's it. it sure appears like I'm asking alot, but ... well. As I said, you've done most of the work. Now it needs refining.
    Because right now, it still dosn't compare to the Cloud PSA. It's quite more original and creative, I'll admit, but the character doesn't really flow right, and kinda lacks consistency. The Specials re-organizing I've proposed is probably very time-consuming, but if you could maybe just tweak everything else, it would already look and feel quite better. :3

It's impressive, Hollow. But I know you'll be able to do better. Smiley

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #997 on: December 05, 2010, 01:19:01 PM »

Yeah, but his aerial moves are slow, because of his range, he would be better at gimping then Meta Knight with fast aerials... As a matter of fact, his aerials need nerfing... As do a lot of other things.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #998 on: December 05, 2010, 01:22:25 PM »

Miacis' Ultra-Detailed feedback ACTIVATE !

Overall, it's quite fun to play, and faithful to the character ... There's quite alot of skill, but it lacks refining. Some moves are just epic, some are just ... bad. beside those few bad moves, most issues can b solved by tweaking the damage, and especially the KB. Also, animation tweaks. I know it's annoying, but it's what makes or breaks a character's credibility.  Embarrassed

In detail :

Ground moves :
    A,A,A combo : Good. The last hit has quite some trouble hitting though, so should consider making the second hit have less KB. Also, an A combo should never exceed 12% ... 10% is the regular damage if I'm not mistaken.

Side-Tilt : Very good. One of Sephiroth's most flowing and effective moves.

Up-Tilt : The balance is good. Only thing I see is that the shockwave is not synchronised with the sword swing, so it looks a bit odd.

Down-Tilt : See Side-Tilt.

Running attack : The hitbox doesn't match the sword size, it's too short.

Up-Smash : Nothing too impressive, but it gets the job done ... I guess ? Why does it knock the enemy on the side though ? That doesn't really make sense.  Undecided I say you should give it a more vertical KB, and a little bit more damage/KB to compensate.
    Also, can you give it a little bit more "slide" when used during a run ?

Side-Smash : Good, effective, nice. Nothing to say here. ^^

Down-Smash : Ugh ... I dunno what happenned here. For one, it's really not a Down-Smash, it goes against the player's reflex to use a Down-Smash to get rid of a dangerous situation, and doesn't really compensate by giving anything that worths it. Secondly, it's too fast for its power. Give it a little bit more delay, and maybe make it hit on both sides  so that it serves its purpose. =/

Aerials :

ANA and AFA : The AFA is really useless. Sephiroth is a fast character, so giving him a slow, but powerful (???) attack as his AFA (aka, typical offensive approach) is a nonsense. Especially since it's not all that powerful ... I don't see what justifies the extra lag.
    And his ANA, a typical "punishing/defensive move" is actually the most effective move when going offensive ... So you really should make the current ANA as his AFA, where it would be GREAT. As for a new ANA ... something like Aeon's ANA seems perfect to me. Fast, defensive, and cool looking.

ABA : Nice. :3

AUA : Very nice and cool-looking ! ^^

ABA : Epic. Perfect. Fantastic. The great wonder of this hack. :3 (A tiny bit too much hitbox on the sides, though. But that's just for the sake of balancing. :3)

Specials :

N-Special : Ground version needs more ending frames. Even if some have to be from the starting animation. It looks really really stiff, unless you loop the move into itself. The aerial version is cool though. Even though it lacks any proper landing animation.
    As for balancing and gameplay on this one, it's nice. a cool move overall. Smiley [Edit : No, there's a problem. Max Charge has way too much KB. It's easy to charge and keep it for when you're off-edge, and then just brutally murder anyone trying to edgeguard.]

Side-Special : I've had some trouble using it. I dunno why, but sometimes at full charge, the animation would be interrupted and there would be no attack. Also ... I'm not convinced at all by the choice of the attack.  Embarrassed I mean, Sephiroth could do a hell of a lot more cool things than that, for his Side-B. I honestly prefer the one from this PSA, tbh.  Undecided And even then, it's pretty simple. The move itself is okay, but I'd preferably had seem him elsewhere.

Down-Special : Well, it's either completely useless against close opponents, or game-breaking against airborne opponents ...
    If you want my opinion, here's what I think would really be nice :
    - Rework the Side-B
    - Make the Grounded Down-B become your current Side-B (because that Side-B looks really silly in the air).
    - Keep this one as the Airborne Down-B. With a bit more lag at the end, and less tall flames. And since it wouldn't be chargeable, the uncharged version is probably the most balanced.
    That would be a great improvement to make the character flow much better. It would also make Down-B = Magic Spells, which would really increse the moveset's consistency. (Thundage would complete the set perfectly if I had any idea how to incorporate it ... o_o)

Up-Special : It is good, but please reduce the VERTICAL speed. It's just way too fast compared to the Horizontal speed. >.<

Throws :
    That grab is simply EPIC. It's easily the most interesting and good-looking part of this PSA.
    The throws are sweet too. Maybe make the Down-Throw animation a little bit faster ? It looks a bit odd, now.

Final Smash :
    The graphics are overkill.  Cheesy
    The move is overkill.   Sad
    Even though you "can" dodge it, the fact that you have no idea when it's going to happen (unlike when a Super Sonic is rushing you) because of the slowly increasing size of the star is making it too much frustrating. So my suggestion on this :
    In FF7, Supernova isn't a Killing move. It's percentage-based, so you can't kill anyone with it, just completely rape their HP.
    So to balance it you should make it something that doesn't kill, just inflict the (IIRC) 100~110% damage, and giving it a fixed (preferably diagonal) knockback. Something like Luigi's Up-Taunt. Tongue
    It would look like a hard hit. It will be a hard hit. But you'll still have to kill them by yourself, and at least the victims will still have a chance of surviving

Others :

- I simply don't get what inspired you to use those dodge rolls. It ... simply doesn't fit. I suggest using something like Aeon : the "stroking my hair while dodging" animation. Fits the character quite a bit more.

- Those three victory poses are simply beautiful. Excellent work.

- The taunts however ... The Up-Taunt looks pretty good. The Down-Taunt needs a bit of tweaking. The Side one is ... not good.
    _________________________________________________ ______________________

I guess that's it. it sure appears like I'm asking alot, but ... well. As I said, you've done most of the work. Now it needs refining.
    Because right now, it still dosn't compare to the Cloud PSA. It's quite more original and creative, I'll admit, but the character doesn't really flow right, and kinda lacks consistency. The Specials re-organizing I've proposed is probably very time-consuming, but if you could maybe just tweak everything else, it would already look and feel quite better. :3

It's impressive, Hollow. But I know you'll be able to do better. Smiley

....Wow o.o *applauds* What an essay of feedback.  I r jealous now.  I guess the pure unparalleled awesomeness of Sephiroth can't be matched by Viewtifulness XD

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #999 on: December 05, 2010, 01:56:51 PM »

ok, i downloaded it as soon as i saw it, i was hyped untill i got home, i put everything on place, and what happens?

beep of death at selectr screen! the pac file doubled marth's original psa size!!!!
    i'll try downloading again, but duuuude!
    i was so dissapointed!

EDIT:
    downloaded again and its still double sizing marth's regular psa...

PD: repliy number 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    congratulations! xD
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:03:13 PM by jokekid » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #1000 on: December 05, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »

Try downloading it again, it should work.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1001 on: December 05, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »

should it be 432 kb???!!!!!!
    cuz regular marth isnt more than 250...
    third download already!
    could someone just upload the motion and freefall version and send me a link? maybe than it may work for me...

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1002 on: December 05, 2010, 03:13:51 PM »

should it be 432 kb???!!!!!!
    cuz regular marth isnt more than 250...
    third download already!
    could someone just upload the motion and freefall version and send me a link? maybe than it may work for me...
    Marth's max file size is 549............

Holy Damn, Miacis, I'm going off more than one opinion here. I just can't please everyone.

Response

I'll fix the Up tilt.

The aerials were to be slow and have tons of end lag according to Data.

The Meteor on ground; I tried to give it a fluent animation, but if I transitioned it into the wait 1 pose, it completely screwed up the animation. I'l reduce damage on the full charge meteor.

Get rid of Blizaga completely? What side B does the other Sephiroth have?

And swap out Down B for Thundaga? I did like the fire columns..........

Up B, the vertical and horizontal speed is exactly the same. Im srs here

I could take away all knockback growth for the final smash and just set a fixed base knockback so it looks like a strong hit. Undecided

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:30:22 PM by Hollow » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1003 on: December 05, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »

well, im tellin u it fckn freezes at selection screen...
    all worked fine until i introduced him...

i gotta hate that beep of doom!!!

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #1004 on: December 05, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »

Hollow, keep the fire columns, he had that in KH, I would take some of that feedback though, but not all of it, the aerials need less knock back, side B needs start up lag, and down B needs end lag... And the rest of the things I PMed you. Tongue

Pages:  1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 88
    Print
    Jump to: