EY's I - ALL Projects suspended indefinitely

Started by Eternal Yoshi, July 29, 2010, 06:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Mr.N on June 27, 2011, 07:11:01 AM
You've made one little mistake:
If you dodge forward Sora doesn't turn around, if you dodge backwards Sora turns around. Normally it's the other way round (I don't know if you intended it that way it is now but in my oppinion it's better to change it back to normal).

Great Job
I agree with Mr. N... I know this was your intention EY, but... You should still make it like a normal dodge roll, this is Brawl, not KH2, I don't see why he needs to have a KH2 dodge roll, when he's in Brawl...

Also, he feels... Odd... I can't even quite figure out what it is... His Thunder has insane range... Maybe it needs a little more start up, or something, though then again, that Sephiroth PSA has as much range... Anyway, his Ice attack feels like any other elemental PSA's... Freezing foes, I hate that.
<_>

His melee attacks are... Oddly slow for him? I'm not sure though... If he was too fast, then he would be broken...

All and all, nice start, he just needs some polishing, sorry for not stating much feedback... I'm just not quite sure what it is he needs, he needs something... But I can't quite place my finger on what... On a final note, get rid of that rapid hit part of Pit's old AAA, there's no need for a GCT file to do this, I doubt it's hard coded, and even if it is, you could replace the action with the normal follow up.

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 27, 2011, 10:13:50 PMI think the shoes are perfect... By the way, started on some animations. This is just the unfinished Wait1. It's pretty basic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpaF8NlHPFw

A Little off topic but, what did you use to record?

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 27, 2011, 11:05:01 PM
I agree with Mr. N... I know this was your intention EY, but... You should still make it like a normal dodge roll, this is Brawl, not KH2, I don't see why he needs to have a KH2 dodge roll, when he's in Brawl...

Also, he feels... Odd... I can't even quite figure out what it is... His Thunder has insane range... Maybe it needs a little more start up, or something, though then again, that Sephiroth PSA has as much range... Anyway, his Ice attack feels like any other elemental PSA's... Freezing foes, I hate that.
<_>

His melee attacks are... Oddly slow for him? I'm not sure though... If he was too fast, then he would be broken...

All and all, nice start, he just needs some polishing, sorry for not stating much feedback... I'm just not quite sure what it is he needs, he needs something... But I can't quite place my finger on what... On a final note, get rid of that rapid hit part of Pit's old AAA, there's no need for a GCT file to do this, I doubt it's hard coded, and even if it is, you could replace the action with the normal follow up.


Yes the rapid jab is hard coded and needs a code to eliminate it or else you will get a T-stance.
Or a bug where the third jab repeats itself since the IC-Constants out prioritizes the variables used in the Jab actions.

Before I attempt to rebalance, be aware that fair and bair have special properties and are his main method of getting KOs in the air after you connect the first 2 strikes.

If need be, I can give blizzard a normal flag hitbox and give it more BKB(ftilt's windup and windown are obviously slower than the light arrows so I can do this without too much trouble).

Now what moves are you guys having issues with?

Im having issues with the down b becoz i don´t know what is it supossed to do
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 27, 2011, 11:05:01 PM
I agree with Mr. N... I know this was your intention EY, but... You should still make it like a normal dodge roll, this is Brawl, not KH2, I don't see why he needs to have a KH2 dodge roll, when he's in Brawl...

Also, he feels... Odd... I can't even quite figure out what it is... His Thunder has insane range... Maybe it needs a little more start up, or something, though then again, that Sephiroth PSA has as much range... Anyway, his Ice attack feels like any other elemental PSA's... Freezing foes, I hate that.
<_>

His melee attacks are... Oddly slow for him? I'm not sure though... If he was too fast, then he would be broken...

All and all, nice start, he just needs some polishing, sorry for not stating much feedback... I'm just not quite sure what it is he needs, he needs something... But I can't quite place my finger on what... On a final note, get rid of that rapid hit part of Pit's old AAA, there's no need for a GCT file to do this, I doubt it's hard coded, and even if it is, you could replace the action with the normal follow up.


I would third this. I would prefer a normal dodge. Overall very nice PSA though, I can't wait for the next update =)

Quote from: Person on June 28, 2011, 12:20:11 AM
Im having issues with the down b becoz i don´t know what is it supossed to do

It's reflect though I can't get the GFX to look right.


Quote from: Roo on June 28, 2011, 12:03:54 AM
A Little off topic but, what did you use to record?

It a frap!!!!! A program called Fraps used to record games usually, but it apparently works recording Brawl Box as well.

Hm.. I didn't know forward, and back air even had more to them... Never mind about those moves then, one minor thing that's bugging me though... High damage hurt noises... This is normal Brawl, not P:M, the same thing with SDo0m's Shadow too... It's just bugging me a lot.

But enough nitpicking from me, good luck with the next version. :)

What's wrong with high damage sounds? Do you seriously listen to every sound the character makes and if they make high damage sounds you complain about them?

They were meant to be in Brawl, like the previous games, otherwise they wouldn't be recorded in the first place, but they were never coded in.

BTW, I learned how to code the Knockback based SFX in a long time ago using a variable recorded in the OpenSA wiki.

June 28, 2011, 05:42:17 AM #536 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:48:45 AM by _Data_Drain_
Quote from: MANSTA8 on June 28, 2011, 04:14:01 AM
What's wrong with high damage sounds? Do you seriously listen to every sound the character makes and if they make high damage sounds you complain about them?
Well look, first off, no one else in the game does that, yes, as EY said, they were originally gonna be in the game, now however, they didn't, you would have to have a PSA for every character to match that, second, it's hard to ignore him loudly making a noise every time he's hit at high damage... Not even high, just 60%...

And lastly, why are you attacking me? Seriously, I don't listen to every sound, but it still clashes with vBrawl, this is fine for P:M of course, since that's the aim of it, to change it, and give it Melee's traits, but it just doesn't go with vBrawl... And frankly got on my nerves...

EY, I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude... You... Don't have to take my word for it... It's just a nitpick of mine...

Sorry, I just remembered that I have the settings so the sfx are quieter so its harder to notice. Also if you can find out what was changed, you could easily switch it back in PSA.

Quote from: MANSTA8 on June 28, 2011, 06:47:44 AM
Sorry, I just remembered that I have the settings so the sfx are quieter so its harder to notice. Also if you can find out what was changed, you could easily switch it back in PSA.
Yeah, that's true, if I knew which value it was, I would simply do that.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on June 28, 2011, 12:15:38 AM
Now what moves are you guys having issues with?

I haven't played KH2FM, so i don't know if it was intended, but sometimes when I use his Aerial Neutral-B (Magnet Splash), it moves left and right, and it gets tough to hit ppl with it.

Also, this isn't an issue, but what is his Aerial Side-B and D-air called?