Beyond? Oh, he moved out.

Started by Beyond, August 12, 2010, 03:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

New....

Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New
v1 kid buu was awesome
v2 is perfect
v3 is beyond Perfect (.dae importer+Kid buu model rip from DBZ game)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Well like v1, v2 is gonna have his normals nulled so he's not gonna be influenced by Brawls lighting. So any shading and highlights I want, have to be textured on.

I've turned off 3DS Maxs lighting in all the previews, so what you see is basically what you're gonna get. Though models tend to look darker in brawl in my experience.

*Is hopping up and down on his feet waiting for the textures.*

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Beyond on September 22, 2011, 02:44:14 PM
Well like v1, v2 is gonna have his normals nulled so he's not gonna be influenced by Brawls lighting. So any shading and highlights I want, have to be textured on.

I've turned off 3DS Maxs lighting in all the previews, so what you see is basically what you're gonna get. Though models tend to look darker in brawl in my experience.

You have a point there. Brawl lighting is known to be pretty stupid at times. Especially depending on the character you're working with.

*glares at Sonic*

But I don't know what nulling the normals does, so I didn't realize that what we're seeing is what we get. In that case, yes please. Do as you planned. :3


September 22, 2011, 02:59:02 PM #7264 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:00:24 PM by SiLeNtDo0m
Quote from: Zack Winzard on September 22, 2011, 02:56:11 PM
But I don't know what nulling the normals does, so I didn't realize that what we're seeing is what we get. In that case, yes please. Do as you planned. :3

Well I can't quite explain it, but let me give you an excellent example of the effect nulling the normals has.

Remember Aafyre's Gengar and how it had that giant crease across its face from Wario's overalls?  Well nulling the normals made that crease disappear.  Nulling the normals also disables the effects of Brawl's lighting on the character.  As you can see in the second picture below, Aafyre had to shade Gengar manually, as the Brawl shadows don't apply to his body. 

See here:

[spoiler]
Before the normals were nulled


After they were nulled

I'm so glad Beyond nulled Gengar's normals.

Those overalls were bugging the hell outta me.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 22, 2011, 02:59:02 PM
Well I can't quite explain it, but let me give you an excellent example of the effect nulling the normals has.

Remember Aafyre's Gengar and how it had that giant crease across its face from Wario's overalls?  Well nulling the normals made that crease disappear.  Nulling the normals also disables the effects of Brawl's lighting on the character.  As you can see in the second picture below, Aafyre had to shade Gengar manually, as the Brawl shadows don't apply to his body. 

See here:

[spoiler]
Before the normals were nulled


After they were nulled


Ooo...So basically Normals are certain properties programmed and embedded into the outfits themselves that control specific lighting and shading not affected by the textures and more by the model's shape and form itself, thus why disabling them allows for more freedom and control in editing the model for a more smooth and clean end result? o.o


Quote from: Zack Winzard on September 22, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
Ooo...So basically Normals are certain properties programmed and embedded into the outfits themselves that control specific lighting and shading not affected by the textures and more by the model's shape and form itself, thus why disabling them allows for more freedom and control in editing the model for a more smooth and clean end result? o.o

That basically sums up what I was just figuring out.

Awesome. D:

I really feel like I learned something today, and not too long after waking up too. Thanks you guys. :3 *huggles everybody* I really appreciate it. :3


And there's a normal-nulling tutorial on LST Forums, which is super easy once you know what you're doing.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


could u have one without normal nulled??

it shouldnt be a problem, since u just need to copy paste before nulling...

pwease^^

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 22, 2011, 02:32:03 PM
No I see Wolfric's point, whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying "it makes it look dead", it does make it look a bit flatter.  Look at the preview, then look at the picture.  You can quite clearly see the shine that Kid Buu's skin has.

However, at the same time, I don't think it should have lighting like V1 has because of the two different styles that V1 and V2 have.  V2's art style is a lot more subtle and soft than V1's, hence the absence of the major creases in the pants and the softer shades and muscle definition and personally I think it suits Brawl and Kid Buu better.  As far as the lighting goes though, maybe a happy medium could work?  A little bit of shine, but not too much.  After all, Kid Buu is very stretchy like elastic.

Actually, the colour I think is perfect.  Again, it's the absence of the shine to lift it overall.

However, these are all just little nitpicks.  The overall quality of the hack is still stunning.
Quote from: Beyond on September 22, 2011, 02:44:14 PM
Well like v1, v2 is gonna have his normals nulled so he's not gonna be influenced by Brawls lighting. So any shading and highlights I want, have to be textured on.

I've turned off 3DS Maxs lighting in all the previews, so what you see is basically what you're gonna get. Though models tend to look darker in brawl in my experience.
Thank you for not being so close-minded, I wasn't even going to reply after seeing all of the posters acting like "If it's changed, it'll break, so don't.". And yeah, I didn't mean all the lighting, I blame it on my lack of English, I was aiming for something like this you're mentioning, since compared to the picture I took as reference, it looks a bit "flatter and plain". And the baggies, too.

September 22, 2011, 07:43:38 PM #7272 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:59:54 PM by jokekid
ok, i saw this pic and thaught about this thread...

all u vegeta wanters:

[warning, if u are easily offended dont even open the link...]
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/029/0/e/DBZ__Junk_001_Father___Son_by_iza_chan.png

jokekid, I know you're gonna piss a lot of people off with that picture...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


i warned...

just dont open it, its that easy...