Beginner's guide to MK64n's method without patching + Tips for using 3DS MAX

Started by Miacis, August 15, 2010, 01:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

for whatever reason, I'm unable to select the edited polygon when using the morph tool on the unedited one. It doesn't appear on the "Select by Name" screen, and it doesn't do anything if I click on it. I even typed it in, and that doesn't work either.
Am I doing something wrong when I clone it? It's a copy (not an instance or reference).

Can anybody tell where to get 3Ds Max 8? I can only find the newer versions. :( plz reply

Can I have a link to 3DS Max 8. I can only find the newer versions. plz reply.

Quote from: TheCastro82 on May 31, 2011, 04:12:21 AM
Can I have a link to 3DS Max 8. I can only find the newer versions. plz reply.

You could get it 2009 version at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmSNCfY-Wt8&feature=related

I just need help with the activation code.

I neeed help .....everytime i get here , collada isnt one of my file options :(

Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
KCMM Alumn.

Quote from: mariofan1138 on May 02, 2011, 11:13:12 PMfor whatever reason, I'm unable to select the edited polygon when using the morph tool on the unedited one. It doesn't appear on the "Select by Name" screen, and it doesn't do anything if I click on it. I even typed it in, and that doesn't work either. Am I doing something wrong when I clone it? It's a copy (not an instance or reference).
Having the same problem

EDIT: Found the problem, somehow the number of vertices was different, but i don't know how this happened


Quote from: Toadsmash on June 28, 2011, 11:47:13 PMI made a reply to this. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=27152.0 How do I get the AiS to work?

Click On The .brres It should say something like "windows cannot open file because file type is unknown" click choose from list of installed programs. an click AiS.
Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
KCMM Alumn.

Oh, thank you, it popped up as if letters were going to appear in the black box, but it just went away. I used the downgraded version as well and it never worked. I have to be doing something wrong.

I'll try it on an actual windows xp computer (it sux because its so darn slow), but I want to see if it is me or my computer (as it is a windows 7).

It might not be working because I unzipped it  incorrectly. I tried it on my windows xp, but it didn't work as well.

All I did was winrar the file, extract to my desktop, clicked on it, and the program shut down on me.


Ok i can double patch perfectly fine with other things but when i try to for link I always get a log.txt and at the end of it it says "Texture source: FitLink_BodyB (2)
ERROR: Unknown identifier in poly group @ 26f02 (1)"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: X_funtaztic_X on July 01, 2011, 02:37:43 AMOk i can double patch perfectly fine with other things but when i try to for link I always get a log.txt and at the end of it it says "Texture source: FitLink_BodyB (2) ERROR: Unknown identifier in poly group @ 26f02 (1)"

Did you delete polygons in him?

Quote from: Iwvi on July 01, 2011, 08:00:50 PM
Did you delete polygons in him?
Nope none its just when i put the messed up model in the bress and then try to convert with AiS
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: X_funtaztic_X on July 01, 2011, 08:05:47 PMNope none its just when i put the messed up model in the bress and then try to convert with AiS
I asked because i got the same error message when i tried to convert a brres with deleted polygons into DAE with AIS